unit1884
    unit1884's Avatar Become A Pro!

5dimes, CS says "IM WRONG" !!!!

Hey everyone, Im new to this site but I have been betting on sports for a while now. Thanks to SBR I have avoided many shady books and only have accounts with Diamond, Pinny, and 5dimes

Anyways, yesterday I placed a wager with 5dimes on the Celtics vs. Lakers game. It was a 3rd quarter bet, I won the bet and it came up as a loss on my account. I contacted CS and they told me I had lost. I couldnt believe what they were telling me. I watched the game live and I knew I had won, yet they claimed I was wrong. I had to hassle with them for awhile, nervously I might add, and although they did realize the mistake and ended up changing the result, I was not impressed by this so called "A Rated" book. I am getting a little worried with 5dimes, anyone else have bad experiences with them?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome to the SBR forum Unit.

While I can understand your temporary frustration, it was an obvious error and they did correct it, you should have simply told them to check NBA.com or another official scoreboard, etc.

Stumpage
    Update your status
    Stumpage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13676

Any bad experiences with 5Dimes inevitably revolve around the ever-cheery "Tony". If you manage to avoid his omnipotent self, you'll probably do just fine.

5Dimes pay, but they wont do so indefinitely. They'll first put you on delay and eventually show you the door if you consistently beat them, as happened with myself, but they are far better than the majority of so-called sportbooks slogging around. Your funds are fine there.

SBR Lou

Stumpy I know this will sound bad but anytime I see that penguin my nipples get hard.

unit1884

WOW, thanks for the prompt reply guys.

Stump, If what your saying is correct then I will have to move to another book soon. I have beat 5 dimes consistently and another "weird" thing that happened to me a few days ago... I logged into my account and all of a sudden it says "this account is blocked from sports wagering", I contacted CS and they claimed "it was an accident"... The only reason im using 5dimes is because of the 5cent overnight MLB lines, even Pinny cant beat those numbers. But Im moving my money to Pinny, ASAP...

Thanks for the heads-up

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

unit1884,

No need to move your funds "immediately", just keep betting the nickel lines until 5 Dimes boots you (that's if they do). If they do boot you, you will get paid in full so that is not a concern.

Stumpage
    Update your status

Yeah Unit1884, LT is right on with his advice...I believe I had 12K in my account when they ousted me, and the entire balance was sent to me right away (via Neteller at the time). Again, like LT noted, just keep doing what you're doing. If they become completely fearful of you, you'll know it (You will not be able to access your account), and you'll all your coin to redistribute.....

.....And Crazy, I was going to pack away the Penguin until the NHL begins anew, but her nipple altering self will stick it out for a tad longer.....

AgainstAllOdds
    From the Villas to world #1
    AgainstAllOdds's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stumpy,

When you were betting at 5dimes...did you find their overnight lines to be better than pinnys regular lines?

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

AAO

It's almost always the case that the 5D overnights are better than Pinny's numbers

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Often times better than Matchbook after commission too.

TeamPlayer
    TeamPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

just curious,,,is 5dimes affiliated/sister book of another A+ rated book?

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by TeamPlayer View Post
    just curious,,,is 5dimes affiliated/sister book of another A+ rated book?
    Not that I'm aware of.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've had to get Pinny to grade horse wagers, no biggie.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

First off, Welcome to the SBR forum sir

5Dimes does have a history of mis-grading wagers of that nature from time to time, especially prop wagers. They need to implement a set of ruled in which they give one particular scoreboard they use to grade all there prop wagers. Until then I would assume that these types of issues will continue.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by unit1884 View Post
    WOW, thanks for the prompt reply guys.

Stump, If what your saying is correct then I will have to move to another book soon. I have beat 5 dimes consistently and another "weird" thing that happened to me a few days ago... I logged into my account and all of a sudden it says "this account is blocked from sports wagering", I contacted CS and they claimed "it was an accident"... The only reason im using 5dimes is because of the 5cent overnight MLB lines, even Pinny cant beat those numbers. But Im moving my money to Pinny, ASAP...

Thanks for the heads-up

Not only will you get the "account blocked" message, but you will also get the mysterious "over the wager limit" message BEFORE they collar you. You are not over the betting limit--they just want to mess with you so you will call in. Then they explain--"well, if that happens again--please call in your bet!!"

If I wanted to call in my bets I would be doing that!!

Just some more of the ticky tacky things Tony does to $%&*# with you before he tells you to take a hike. Maybe we should sticky some "5 Dimes warning signs for winners"?

bleuze
    bleuze's Avatar Become A Pro!

5Dimes is my best book followed by BookMaker.
    I've never had a problem with 5Dimes. I've used them for the past few years. They pay quickly (usually next day) and the customer service I find to be great!

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bleuze View Post
    I've never had a problem with 5Dimes. I've used them for the past few years. They pay quickly (usually next day) and the customer service I find to be great!
    Tony is that you?????

unit1884

Hey guys, thanks for the replies...

With all the bad things Ive heard from 5dimes, how is it rated as an "A book", that doesnt really make sense.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by unit1884 View Post
    Hey guys, thanks for the replies...

With all the bad things Ive heard from 5dimes, how is it rated as an "A book", that doesnt really make sense.
    They always pay, and they offer more betting options than pretty much every other book out there. Dealing with them isn't always perfect, but it's still a book that most would want because it's fairly unique.

MOST
    MOST's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpage View Post
    Any bad experiences with 5Dimes inevitably revolve around the ever-cheery "Tony". If you manage to avoid his omnipotent self, you'll probably do just fine.
    Right on the money. I had to deal with this baffoon a little while back, and he's the reason I don't play at 5Dimes anymore. He's as shady as characters get, and he's the haughtiest clown I've ever heard.

bigugly
    bigugly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 298

Are there other managers, or just Tony? I had to speak with a manager once, and am wondering if it was Tony.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

5dimes have grading errors from time to time, so you better double check your wagers. but they correct it after you point it out.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Customer service rarely has anything to do with grading. If you have that kind of problem in the future, ask for the email of someone in grading department. Send them the wager, and a link to a box score. That will get it fixed faster than anything.

All books make grading mistakes occasionally.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by bigugly View Post
    Are there other managers, or just Tony? I had to speak with a manager once, and am wondering if it was Tony.
    Well I'm sure there are like CS or account managers etc, Tony is the GM of 5dimes itself.

Stumpage
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bigugly View Post
    If you were told to "F*** Off", then you were speaking with Tony.....

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

if 5 dimes boots you [i dont win enough at my book]

where can you go ? if you consistently beat someone?
    Quote Originally Posted by bleuze View Post

smallon
    smallon's Avatar Become A Pro!

My experience was with Becky and she had quite the shitty attitude. I was surprised that she wouldn't give me an answer to a question about grading. I went back and forth with her for a few minutes until she finally confirmed what I wanted to know. Not without a helluva an atttitude though.