sky1
    sky1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Extending Matchbook's Second Half Runners

I can see no reason why Matchbook should not leave up their halftime runners for Live Betting during the second half of most sports events, especially football.

Tonight's MNF game at halftime was Philadelphia 45 - Washington 14, resulting in quotes that were generally about 98% bid, 99% asked for the game result.

I would be interested in other's thoughts regarding this.

Also, if you agree, email them at accounts@matchbook.com.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

The reason is that then they wouldn't be 2H numbers. When North Americans bet on a 2H, they assume that the market will close once 2H starts. That's the convention, and while there may be no logical reason to have another market at the 2H number the conventions followed by most of your players is a good practical reason.

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matchbook has enough trouble with liquidity on live betting as it is. I don't think having even more live markets running simultaneously would help that.

the sink
    the sink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matchbook does not care about suggestions
    Don't even bother mailing them...

trumpdown
    trumpdown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by the sink View Post
    Unfortunately this is truth...fallen on deaf ears over and over again.

They deserve the rating on their toilet CS from management down.

bookie
    bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

The old owners decided to try to run the thing more like a discount shop than a trading platform. Maybe the new guys will swing back the other way. It's getting pretty scary how little volume they seem to have on run of the mill non-baseball events, even for 2H's and even right before the games.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

you want a floating spread, seems easy enough, nothing really have to do halves vs full games. pinny has that already

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

I suggested to Matchbook they post Lebron James prop on what team he would play for 2010. They e-mailed back saying it was a good idea and they quickly posted a market. It was a betting bonanza. I made a nice score.

Odessa
    Odessa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4136

Not true!

MB recently implemented availability of placing wagers on your mobile devices as well almost instanteneous grading of all completed games!

Unfortunately current suggestion cannot be implemented since it universally accepted in the Vegas industry that 2H wagers should be cleared as soon as 2H starts.

If you have anything better to suggest, please do not hesitate.

Good luck,

Odessa

Quote Originally Posted by trixtrix View Post
    you want a floating spread, seems easy enough, nothing really have to do halves vs full games. pinny has that already
    That's not what was suggested. My understanding that user SKY1 want keep live wagering on second half score only while keeping posted wagers made at the halftime without resetting.

sky1

Quote Originally Posted by bookie View Post
    The reason is that then they wouldn't be 2H numbers. When North Americans bet on a 2H, they assume that the market will close once 2H starts. That's the convention, and while there may be no logical reason to have another market at the 2H number the conventions followed by most of your players is a good practical reason.
    Bookie,

Not sure I follow your logic . . . Is there a downside to someone making a 2H bet during halftime and then it being available for reducing or adding to throughout the 2H?

sky1

trixtrix,

Not quite sure that this fits into the category of a "floating spread" . . . simply want 2H numbers that are available during halftime to continue to be available to trade during the subsequent 2H.

As for "pinny", Pinnacle Sports is one of the best books out there but, unfortunately, as of about 2 years ago, was no longer available to United States citizens.

sky1

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa View Post
    Unfortunately current suggestion cannot be implemented since it universally accepted in the Vegas industry that 2H wagers should be cleared as soon as 2H starts.
    Odessa, Odessa,

If we only think in terms of "the Vegas industry" a betting exchange such as Matchbook would not exist!

If Matchbook wants to remain on the cutting edge of offshore wagering, offering 2H Live Betting, based on the already posted halftime offerings, would be innovative . . . and especially well received for lopsided first half games!

(Other than a Home Page announcement, it would simply require that MB add a "green ball" Live Betting icon to the halftime numbers indicating that the runner(s) would continue to be available to trade during the 2H.)

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't think you understood me, you want the ability to not only set a price but also set a spread for your offers, that's fine and i think it's relevant tool and something matchbook should offer ala mansion exchange, be it full game/halves/in game trading etc etc

in this case, you would offer whatever the spread is for 2h w/ your set price(s) and see if there's any interest

sky1

That's not what was suggested. My understanding that user SKY1 want keep live wagering on second half score only while keeping posted wagers made at the halftime without resetting.
    Odessa,

Offers, as currently posted for 2H, would have to be "flushed out" just prior to the 2H commencing . . . exactly as pregame offers are "flushed out" now around the posted game starting time.

sky1

i don't think you understood me, you want the ability to not only set a price but also set a spread for your offers, that's fine and i think it's relevant tool and something matchbook should offer ala mansion exchange, be it full game/halves/in game trading etc etc in this case, you would offer whatever the spread is for 2h w/ your set price(s) and see if there's any interest
    trixtrix,

Was not really familiar with the "Mansion Exchange til I "googled" it and found it ceased operations in 2007.

My suggestion, I thought, was simple . . . trade the posted halftime pointspread, moneyline, and totals numbers as Live Betting for the 2H.

The halftime offers would have to be "flushed out" out just before the 2H begins, much as pregame offers are cancelled just before a Live Betting event commences. There would only be one set of (halftime) pointspread, moneyline, and totals runners available to trade during the 2H.

Full game pointspread, moneyline, and totals would continue to trade . . . (except in lopsided games, they hardly trade at all now and a major reason for this MB suggestion.)
    Last edited by sky1; 11-17-10 at 03:47 PM.

Odessa

Quote Originally Posted by sky1 View Post
    Odessa, Odessa,

If we only think in terms of "the Vegas industry" a betting exchange such as Matchbook would not exist!

If Matchbook wants to remain on the cutting edge of offshore wagering, offering 2H Live Betting, based on the already posted halftime offerings, would be innovative . . . and especially well received for lopsided first half games!

(Other than a Home Page announcement, it would simply require that MB add a "green ball" Live Betting icon to the halftime numbers indicating that the runner(s) would continue to be available to trade during the 2H.)
    I agree, it would be innovative, but at the same time I disagree that it will be well received since nobody knows that the 2H live line even exist.

sky1

I agree, it would be innovative, but at the same time I disagree that it will be well received since nobody knows that the 2H live line even exist.
    Odessa,

You are right . . . no one would know that the 2H Live Betting runners even existed until they did exist.

How hard would it be for Matchbook to add a few lines of text to the Home Page, and rules, and above the halftime runners, informing players that 2H Live Betting runners, using the halftime posted runners, would also become available?

I seldom bet halftimes because, as a predominately Live Betting player, I can't trade them during the 2H. This differs from taking a pregame position, once the Live Betting numbers are posted, because I can trade it during the entire game.

Why would any halftime locked-in-stone bettor be against themselves or others having an opportunity to trade their halftime wager(s) during the 2H?