Hello!

I would like to introduce my story with bwin. At 30.1. 14:30 logged into the system and recognized that I have 360 euro instead of cca. 750 euro. Immediately checked history of bets but I can not find anything. My balance decreased again when I was logged into my account. I changed my password 2 times in 20. minute period but balance still went down. My balance decreased to zero after 30 minute and account blocked. Probably that other person blocked account with password attempts. I have sent e-mail to Bwin right now but at sunday nobody answered. That afternoon my gmail account was also hacked and I found some spywares in my laptop. I have original Trend Micro. Strange that firewall allowed to enter viruses to get into my comp. Nobody answered from Bwin so I called support at evening. Guy told me that he knows the problem and they procedure to solve the problem. I have to wait few days. I informed support guy that probably was a chip dumping because I found some poker transfers in my history. I have never played poker online. Next day support sent my some questions to answer. I sent back answered questions right now. After 4 day I got mail form Bwin with sentences that they cannot help me because they cannot tell me for sure that my account was hacked. I asked them for full IP and transfer log in in that afternoon. I got answer that they cannot published only for police.

So now Im in trouble. Bwin doesn't want to help me. Police cannot help me. Guys you can see how "big" Bwin force and help to our customers