koba
    koba's Avatar Become A Pro!

Security...

Hi all, i am new to the forum and to the business.

I am concerned about sending pictures of my id's and bills to several books in the late days. I mean, what happen if some bad employee steal them, or they get stolen when sent as a mail attachement or, less likely to happen but still possible, they get stolen by an hacker while the files are on your pc??

The person that eventually got that files could TOTALLY steal our online identity and be able to act as here were me or you and of course VERIFY everything as he holds the documents.

I'd like to know from people how got more experience than me how to protect yourself from such a bad scenario.

Thanks.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Its a risk everyone takes if you want a payout. Just keep checking your credit history to make sure nothing strange happened. I can say I've never heard of a case of stolen identity from sending forms.

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Blackout account numbers and any other info other than your name and address. Anyone can get that info with very little effort. Beyond that, if you're still paranoid, not sure what to tell you. As much as the news outlets would like you to believe otherwise, identity theft isn't all that common in the grand scheme of things.

I've actually had someone get a hold of my CC # before, never figured out how (it had nothing to do with gambling, I don't use CC's for that), but it took one 5 minute phone call to my CC provider to have them close the account, cancel the unauthorized charges, issue me a new account #, and send me a new card.

Paranoia is natural, but don't let it rule your life.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by John Dough View Post

Agree,there is no other way, it is so easy to steal a person ID,is a risk that offshore gamblers have to take

winM
    winM's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's right!

betyuda
    betyuda's Avatar Become A Pro!

These are part of the reasons why I started using just neteller. For a lot of sites, if you use neteller as a method of deposit and withdraw, they won t ask for those items usually.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Only use A or A+ rated books........I have never had a poblem....Good luck.

Kemalettin
    Kemalettin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Pinnacle!

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you do not deposit by credit card, most books still are not requiring i.d. dox. but, remember... ALL DOC REQUESTS TO BE MADE BEFORE INITIAL DEPOSIT, APPROVED, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, APPROVED FOR PAYOUT

...and get it in writing(email) for review by SBR in the event of a dispute

amarkle2
    amarkle2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

thats why i wire money. most books dont need that info if you use ths method.

scott235
    scott235's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by John Dough View Post
    Blackout account numbers and any other info other than your name and address. Anyone can get that info with very little effort. Beyond that, if you're still paranoid, not sure what to tell you. As much as the news outlets would like you to believe otherwise, identity theft isn't all that common in the grand scheme of things.

I've actually had someone get a hold of my CC # before, never figured out how (it had nothing to do with gambling, I don't use CC's for that), but it took one 5 minute phone call to my CC provider to have them close the account, cancel the unauthorized charges, issue me a new account #, and send me a new card.

I agree with JD about blocking out sensitive info. At the very most, a passport, or a d.l. with the dl# and dob crossed out. make sure you do a high quality scan in the format of the book's choosing, and attach it to an email. this way the book can't make a legit claim that it is a fake. again send it once, and have it approved for payout before you send one cent for a deposit. if they lose it after that, it is their problem.

As far as paranoia is concerned- having one's cc# stolen is not identity theft. that can only be accomplished with a combination of sensitive identity info. be careful of what and how much you send them.
    Last edited by scott235; 06-19-10 at 10:56 PM.