RM95
    RM95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Sportmarket does not pay money on winning bets on MLB

Sportmarket voided my winning bet on MLB today bet on the match in LIVE New York Mets vs. Milwaukee Brewers win Milwaukee odds 2.92 after the bet won, they canceled it, saying that the coefficient was incorrect. Although this is a lie, the coefficient was absolutely correct and approximately the same as that of other bookmakers. How can you bet on them now and expect them to pay if they refuse to pay even BIG markets. Soon, bets on the NBA and the Champions League will be canceled)))
    scan

kakad
    Update your status
    kakad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6924

Pinnacle's odds for this game were all screwed up for the first 5 innings or more. They had the lines flipped -- Milwaukee favoured when Mets were up 1-0, Mets favoured after Milwaukee took lead 2-1 in 5th. No surprise the bet was voided honestly.

RM95

I placed a bet when the odds for Milwaukee to win on Betfair were 2.4 and on bet 365 2.3, there were no errors in the account. That is, if one bookmaker gives a coefficient of 2.4 in live and another 2.92, is this such a mistake that it is necessary to cancel the bets? With this approach, every second live bet should be voided

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11868

So you claim that odds 2.92 and 2.3/2.4 are in line and nothing is wrong? What a tool.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9245

Quote Originally Posted by RM95 View Post
    Sportmarket voided my winning bet on MLB today bet on the match in LIVE New York Mets vs. Milwaukee Brewers win Milwaukee odds 2.92 after the bet won, they canceled it, saying that the coefficient was incorrect. Although this is a lie, the coefficient was absolutely correct and approximately the same as that of other bookmakers. How can you bet on them now and expect them to pay if they refuse to pay even BIG markets. Soon, bets on the NBA and the Champions League will be canceled)))
    scan
    Betfair will void markets for any error. Which can be frustrating but also protects people.

If odds were flipped for any period whilst the market was live, as kakad suggested, that would be one reason they would void an entire market.

Who said the coefficient was incorrect as the reason? Did they really say those exact words or are you assuming it is only about an odds error?

I do not see anyone talking about this game on the Betfair Community forum, which leads me to suspect it might be a proper market void https://community.betfair.com/howtoj...ral-discussion

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7090

Yeah a bunch of sites must have had bad lines on this game. Bodog voided my bet on Milwaukee at +210, i think the game was 1-1 at the time. No surprise to me.

RM95

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Betfair will void markets for any error. Which can be frustrating but also protects people.

If odds were flipped for any period whilst the market was live, as kakad suggested, that would be one reason they would void an entire market.

Who said the coefficient was incorrect as the reason? Did they really say those exact words or are you assuming it is only about an odds error?

I do not see anyone talking about this game on the Betfair Community forum, which leads me to suspect it might be a proper market void https://community.betfair.com/howtoj...ral-discussion
    I'm not saying Betfair has canceled bets. I’m saying that when I bet on the Sportsmarket at odds of 2.92 on pin88, at the same moment the odds on betfair were 2.4 and on bet365 2.3. I do not believe that the difference of 2.92 and 2.4 is an obvious error and the bookmaker has the right to cancel winning bets. Yes, the support service wrote to me that they canceled the bets precisely because of the incorrect odds

RM95

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie White View Post
    So you claim that odds 2.92 and 2.3/2.4 are in line and nothing is wrong? What a tool.
    Yes, I affirm this in the same way that at the same moment I bet on bet365 the Mets’ victory for odds of 1.64. And bet365 treated my bet as a loss. If at bet 365 the odds for Metz to win were 1.64, then there is nothing wrong with the fact that at another bookmaker the odds for Milwaukee to win were 2.92

Alfie White

1.64 vs 2.92 is giving you a 5% edge, if you really think those odds were "fine" then I got very bad news for you.

We are not in 1999 where nobody knew nothing about vig and juice across the globe, you tried your luck, you lost, live with it.

RM95

1.64 vs 2.92 is giving you a 5% edge, if you really think those odds were "fine" then I got very bad news for you.

We are not in 1999 where nobody knew nothing about vig and juice across the globe, you tried your luck, you lost, live with it.
    bookmaker pin88 positions itself as a bookmaker for professionals, and it itself says that it is open to players who place arbitrage situations, and now they are starting to cancel such bets. I understand if there was a mirror situation instead of 1.5, they had a coefficient of 2.9 then without question, but there was no mistake here, they just had a slightly higher coefficient than in Betfair and Bet365. I’m watching live football now, there are matches for which pin88 gives odds of 3.1, and betfair 3.75, but they won’t consider this an error, why then do they consider odds 2.92 an error when in bet365 and betfair 2.3 and 2.4 it’s strange all this is printed, when already bets on Major League Baseball big markets are starting to be cancelled...

Alfie White

Take them to court. You are right. /s

RM95

Take them to court. You are right. /s

RM95

they said

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9245

I'm not saying Betfair has canceled bets. I’m saying that when I bet on the Sportsmarket at odds of 2.92 on pin88, at the same moment the odds on betfair were 2.4 and on bet365 2.3. I do not believe that the difference of 2.92 and 2.4 is an obvious error and the bookmaker has the right to cancel winning bets. Yes, the support service wrote to me that they canceled the bets precisely because of the incorrect odds
    Oh sorry I misunderstood.

The message from Sportmarket sounds like you wont get very far with them.

Dangerous to grab off market odds when arbing, but can see why you may have thought that was ok as it was Pinny.

RM95

Oh sorry I misunderstood.

The message from Sportmarket sounds like you wont get very far with them.

Dangerous to grab off market odds when arbing, but can see why you may have thought that was ok as it was Pinny.
    Of course, if the line in Pin is 1.45 to 2.92, and in other bookmakers it is 1.6 to 2.4, I thought that it was normal, there are such differences in coefficients every day in large number, besides, it was MLB, which all the bookies pay out. And it was not a bet when the bookmaker displayed the wrong score, or there were mirror odds. It is very strange and alarming for me... one good thing is that the bet was only for 50 euros, it is not a large amount of money

infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9904

Of course, if the line in Pin is 1.45 to 2.92, and in other bookmakers it is 1.6 to 2.4, I thought that it was normal, there are such differences in coefficients every day in large number, besides, it was MLB, which all the bookies pay out.
    normally such mistakes shouldn't happen to begin with, of course, but occasionally they do. Even at Pinnacle - who are the ones to blame, btw, not Sportmarket, who are just an intermediate.

Were those the best available odds at Pin, though? Personally I would also think that the difference is small enough to let it go through - but it may be a different story, if they started at 4.0, for example, and got loads of money on it, leading to a cancellation of all live bets on the (initially) wrong line.

RM95

Quote Originally Posted by infotimbo View Post
    normally such mistakes shouldn't happen to begin with, of course, but occasionally they do. Even at Pinnacle - who are the ones to blame, btw, not Sportmarket, who are just an intermediate.

Were those the best available odds at Pin, though? Personally I would also think that the difference is small enough to let it go through - but it may be a different story, if they started at 4.0, for example, and got loads of money on it, leading to a cancellation of all live bets on the (initially) wrong line.
    I know that bet365, if it gives an incorrect odds, does not cancel the bet, but makes a calculation based on the correct coefficient for their stupidity, which is much more justified than simply canceling bets. Don't know if there is a resource where you can see the history of odds in live pin? on Spromarket it was 2.92 according to Pin and 2.4 according to Betfair

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2756

All this over a $50 bet? Nearly 3 years and you saved all your posts for this, well played

RM95

Quote Originally Posted by Thefix13 View Post
    All this over a $50 bet? Nearly 3 years and you saved all your posts for this, well played
    I had cancellations on bets, but when they had an incorrect score of the match, or mirror coefficients, and here a cancellation, on an absolutely normal rate, which is very strange and alarming...

Alfie White

It is not "absolutely normal rate" get a hold of yourself. Getting 5% edge on sharp bookmakers is not normal, you should know this unless you are cornershop random NPC in which case we should all ignore you completely.

RM95

It is not "absolutely normal rate" get a hold of yourself. Getting 5% edge on sharp bookmakers is not normal, you should know this unless you are cornershop random NPC in which case we should all ignore you completely.
    Currently, there are matches in live football for which pin odds are 1.45 on bet365 1.6, another match in Pin 3.1 on bet 365 is 3.75, these are also incorrect odds?, and will these bets be canceled? there are dozens if not hundreds of such rates every day and all of them will be canceled?

Alfie White

Why are you not typing this from a yacht then?

Alfie White

You are delusional and I'm out, take care fam.

RM95

Why are you not typing this from a yacht then?
    What kind of yacht are you talking about? Can you tell me if one bookmaker gives odds of 1.45 and the other 1.6, then if I bet on 1.63, the bookmaker has the right to cancel my winnings, right?