Eric Cohen
    Eric Cohen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 688

just chillin bro! waiting for these 5 Dimes jabronis to get the site up and running for football season
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

Judge Crater
    Judge Crater's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 509

When are they coming?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

I was a loyal 5Dimes customer for years. It was a great book. I would hear stories of how Tony was an asshat and it was always his way or the highway. I never had to deal with him until one day THEY (5Dimes) made some sort of accounting error on my account (I don't even remember the details). They charged me like $40/50 bucks for THEIR ERROR. I talked to customer service and finally talked to Tony. He basically said there was nothing he could do and I had to pay the fee. WTF are you talking about? Your error and my loss? I was furious. I never, ever placed a bet on the site again. I stopped going to the website, erased it from my browser. Fukk them. A few years later I get a letter in the mail saying something like they were shutting down US business but hope to reopen, yada, yada and they would have to close my account. About 90 days later I got a check for about $1,400 in the mail. I really didn't even remember what I had in that account, I had so many other books. So I was like, Damn, I guess they are really trying to be legit.

Crazy story but I have to admit that at least they weren't total thieves. I can't even remember all the books that just closed up shop with my money.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Crater View Post
    When are they coming?
    I would take a wild guess that 5Dimes again screwing Canadian bettors on futures when they closed all Canada accounts before the Ontario application has caused a lot of complaints to the ONT regualtor.

You'd think they would have learned after screwing US players the same way when leaving the US market.

Grading losing futures losers and voiding any bets still live.

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1947

Not going to happen.

tacoking
    tacoking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

So is 5Dimes operational at all yet in Ontario or in Canada? I see the 5dimes.ca is up and running but I don't see anywhere on the site where you can sign up. I know they stopped taking bets on 5dimes.eu in May which is really odd. Why would they completely stop operations ie. taking bets on 5dimes.eu until their 5dimes.ca website was fully functional and running? That doesn't make any sense to me unless there was some kind of special timeframe that they had to adhere to where they had to completely shutdown operations on 5dimes.eu before they could start running 5dimes.ca. I mean by shutting down 5dimes.eu you would think they're just losing a crazy amount of business.

Eric Cohen

fvckers screwed me on my last bet oct 31..it was a 3 gamer too. made the bet at 10 am was a winner by 3 pm . told me it was to late

garyking
    garyking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7078

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    0.09 cent limits

Bang on.

Eric Cohen

I see 5dimes.ca is up but contact links don't work so no way of knowing wtf is going on but Connex Ontario phone number is there for the addicts

tacoking

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cohen View Post
    I see 5dimes.ca is up but contact links don't work so no way of knowing wtf is going on but Connex Ontario phone number is there for the addicts
    Does anyone here actually use 5dimes.ca or know if it's operational? I've seen the site has been up for quite some time but how do you sign up for an account?

T100
    cappersmall reject
    T100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2126

Quote Originally Posted by tacoking View Post
    Does anyone here actually use 5dimes.ca or know if it's operational? I've seen the site has been up for quite some time but how do you sign up for an account?
    got a 404 error page after clicking 'sign-up'. to reach even that page I had to click on a selection(nba), then a red sign-up button appeared.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

They were rejected

They couldn’t put up the government deposit requested

That’s the story Im hearing
    Points Awarded:

T100 gave pimike 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

tacoking

Quote Originally Posted by T100 View Post
    got a 404 error page after clicking 'sign-up'. to reach even that page I had to click on a selection(nba), then a red sign-up button appeared.
    Sounds very disorganized! Someone was saying they think 5Dimes started up again with the site "bettorsden.com". Not sure if that's true or not or just speculation. I heard the site is basically the same layout as 5Dimes.

tacoking

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    They were rejected

They couldn’t put up the government deposit requested

That’s the story Im hearing
    Thanks for the reply. I always thought it was odd that they were shutting down 5dimes.eu before fully transferring over to 5dimes.ca. I mean why wouldn't they want to keep their business operational before fully transitioning over to a regulated marketplace.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30455

Is there anywhere in the world that 5dimes is taking customers right now ?

Asking for a friend

T100
    cappersmall reject
    T100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2126

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post

Asking for a friend

that eu page is all I see that seem slightly legit.

maybe try Phone: 1-800-305-3517 found on another review page
    Last edited by T100; 02-20-24 at 02:49 PM.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30455

Quote Originally Posted by T100 View Post
    that eu page is all I see that seem slightly legit.

maybe try Phone: 1-800-305-3517 found on another review page
    Yes they were operational in certain countries in Europe until about 6 months(?) ago or so

Specifically Italy was ok (although technically not allowed by ADM) then they forced everyone to withdraw and closed without much warning. Now the website 5deurope.eu (redirects to 5dimes.eu but 5dimes.eu doesn't directly work for some reason) doesn't allow login but they do have a banner saying payout requests can be submitted for up to a year...

Last I spoke to them on live chat, they said they were in the process of getting Isle of Man(?) license which should open new doors for them but haven't really kept up so was wondering if anyone had... Perhaps I should give them a call

Optional

Asking for a friend
    Is there anywhere in the world that wants to license them?

I'd guess all the complaints alleging 5Dimes stole from them as exiting USA, and again recently as exiting Canada in the same way, hitting any regulator evaluating them is a large part of the widow's problem getting and staying operational.

Optional

Last I spoke to them on live chat, they said they were in the process of getting Isle of Man(?) license
    That happened ages ago.

And now they don't have it any longer.

Again I am guessing, that the weight of old US customers hammering the IoM regulator might have been part of why.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Is there anywhere in the world that wants to license them?

I'd guess all the complaints alleging 5Dimes stole from them as exiting USA, and again recently as exiting Canada in the same way, hitting any regulator evaluating them is a large part of the widow's problem getting and staying operational.
    Bingo

First 12