GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

Encounter new scam on betting site

When it happen to me first time, I just give benefit of doubt that is system error.

Now I have encounter second time. I wonder if other encounter this scam.
    I bet mma, I do LIVE bet and I also try to beat closed line. I bet it just before they close the line.

So I have live bet, the bet is neither accept or reject. The bet is under review while the Fight is taking place.
    My bet under review - they accept the bet when my bet lost
    My other bet under review - They cancel the bet when I won the bet.

They are free rolling my bet, imagine if you lay a BIG bet and it is under review and you can not cancel it?
    My bet is only $200 and $300. I have to be cautious now, no more LIVE bet or at close line. I have to bet 24hr ahead in case the bet is locked 'under' review.

Under 'review' on bet should be illegal. Either reject the bet or accept the bet.
    Giga.
    Last edited by GigaOuts; 07-30-23 at 06:04 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

What bookmaker is this?

My first thought is that if you always bet late they might think you are courtsiding or have a fast feed like radio.

How long are they pending? And is the result actually known before they decide?

GigaOuts
    Update your status
    GigaOuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7058

I didn't even check since it is first time I encounter it. It say bet under review and a button to check 'status'.
    I though bet when thru and click on 'status' to found out if I win or lose.

I think they should just reject the bet. Bet is 'under review' while the fight is happen is ridiculous. Why even have live bet?

I don't want to name the site, I still making money and I need to cashout before I out them.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts View Post
    I didn't even check since it is first time I encounter it. It say bet under review and a button to check 'status'.
    I though bet when thru and click on 'status' to found out if I win or lose.

I think they should just reject the bet. Bet is 'under review' while the fight is happen is ridiculous. Why even have live bet?

I don't want to name the site, I still making money and I need to cashout before I out them.
    Pending live bets is pretty normal at most books I think. But they should not be pending long enough for enough to happen that odds should change. I agree that they all really should take the bet if we have hit in whilst still available, but that just isn't going to happen anytime soon imho.

If you can bet slightly earlier, even 10 secs earlier, you might find you have less issues. Just a guess though.

bleedblue
    bleedblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4551

On phone, so don’t feel like posting an image.

Does it say

“Pending - Your Wager is still not accepted” and then next to it a “check status” button, with a yellow-orangish background?

If yes, this is just a glitch/bad software.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by GigaOuts View Post
    When it happen to me first time, I just give benefit of doubt that is system error.

Now I have encounter second time. I wonder if other encounter this scam.
    I bet mma, I do LIVE bet and I also try to beat closed line. I bet it just before they close the line.

So I have live bet, the bet is neither accept or reject. The bet is under review while the Fight is taking place.
    My bet under review - they accept the bet when my bet lost
    My other bet under review - They cancel the bet when I won the bet.

They are free rolling my bet, imagine if you lay a BIG bet and it is under review and you can not cancel it?
    My bet is only $200 and $300. I have to be cautious now, no more LIVE bet or at close line. I have to bet 24hr ahead in case the bet is locked 'under' review.

Under 'review' on bet should be illegal. Either reject the bet or accept the bet.
    Giga.
    I have current complaint pending with NJ Division of Gaming for this since I was spin cycled for about 40 seconds. Original review denied me relief taking books word that I had "accepted price change" activated. Apparently it is with their attorneys now but I have been waiting for a long time.