chalkman777
    chalkman777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3177

geo locator

i always have an issue logging into fanduel and barstool from my mac. i have the geo locator running and it always says location can not be found. is this a mac issue? can anyone help?

Shifty
    Shifty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7997

Happens often. It's the crappy software from Geocomply. Doesn't matter if you have Mac or PC. You need to be in an area with multiple Wi-Fi signals. If that's the problem, a long range Wi-Fi adapter might help.

Mugsy777
    Update your status
    Mugsy777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6488

Happens to me all the time from any device , it's a TRAVESTY !! No excuses accepted from the books

hustledouble
    hustledouble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1911

Quote Originally Posted by chalkman777 View Post
    i always have an issue logging into fanduel and barstool from my mac. i have the geo locator running and it always says location can not be found. is this a mac issue? can anyone help?
    I often have this issue as well. Sometimes it happens because I am in NY but near the NY and PA state border and if I'm traveling down to PA for example, it won't recognize on my Mac what state I'm in. It just sort of glitches out. However the FanDuel app on my phone does seem to accurately pick up where I am and since NY/PA are both legal states it works. Sucks cause it isn't as easy to navigate the site on a phone but you might want to try that. What I end up doing is if I need to place a bet on FanDuel but the GeoComply isn't working well I do all the work on my Macbook and then just enter the actual bet on the phone.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by chalkman777 View Post
    If you have a fixed IP address maybe ring your ISP and ask them to renew/change it. Could be logged as being different by different databases and no backup method exists at your location.

Put your own IP into a few location checker services and see if they show big differences. If so, likely that is at least part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    Happens often. It's the crappy software from Geocomply. Doesn't matter if you have Mac or PC. You need to be in an area with multiple Wi-Fi signals. If that's the problem, a long range Wi-Fi adapter might help.
    ^^ That's a great idea. And probably solve it even if the IP is mis-logged somewhere.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Play offshore. Problem solved.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18983

It's more likely to be a DNS issue than an IP issue but either way there are ways around it om a PC. I don't want to be too specific about manipulating geo-location detection in an open post because I don't want to make it harder for books to detect scammers.