CamNewtonOutfit
    CamNewtonOutfit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 908

Changing a Bet after entry

Are there any books that will let you change or cancel a bet after entry should you get second thoughts? Before gametime of course. 5dimes used to allow you to do it once only.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by CamNewtonOutfit View Post
    Are there any books that will let you change or cancel a bet after entry should you get second thoughts? Before gametime of course. 5dimes used to allow you to do it once only.
    Bet365 offers 100% cashout of bets if the odds have not changed. Or partial cashout close to real value if they have changed.

Just click a button.

Many other books offer similar cashout offers, but most do not give 100% back like Bet365.

As far as asking... yeah if you are real nice and lucky with the rep, they will do it sometimes. But so many degen make up stories and demand it just due to odds going against them post bet, it's not very common for books to do that any more.

washhead
    washhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7246

Bookmaker definitely won't do it. I made a bet on an MLB player prop. Immediately after placing the wager I noticed they had the player listed as playing for the wrong team. Within two minutes I contacted customer service via chat to ask if they would cancel the wager, just to avoid any confusion upon grading. They refused, citing their policy of never canceling wagers.

[They eventually canceled the wager about an hour later after they realized their mistake. But my point is that they have a strict policy to never cancel wagers, even if you contact them immediately after placing it.]

CamNewtonOutfit
    CamNewtonOutfit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 908

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Bet365 offers 100% cashout of bets if the odds have not changed. Or partial cashout close to real value if they have changed.

Just click a button.

Many other books offer similar cashout offers, but most do not give 100% back like Bet365.

As far as asking... yeah if you are real nice and lucky with the rep, they will do it sometimes. But so many degen make up stories and demand it just due to odds going against them post bet, it's not very common for books to do that any more.
    cool yea sometimes i change my mind due to new information. i tried this at 5dimes once, and they said they could do it once, and after that it not possible. i took the one time.

od120731
    od120731's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2093

I don't believe there are any that do stuff like this

caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3993

They shouldn't. Bettors would misuse this like there's no tomorrow if they did. If you do bet on something by mistake, just take it on the chin and bet the other side for a small loss, or let it ride if you feel that's a better option.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I remember years ago I tried this at 5 dimes they wouldnt let me do it. The option they gave me was to instead put the bet on the other team, I thought about it and said thats ok, remember that one because chris paul hit game winning shot to beat the t-wolves

caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3993

Just like I think books should take it on the chin when they have made a mistake (and by that I mean being off in their odds compiling, not obvious bad lines). And while some do, many don't, so there's a double standard there from books.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

wager web did it for me. i contacted them right after. it was days before the event and right after i realized i hit the wrong team and hit too quick thru the ticket. only time and example i have to share. i always assumed books would never do it.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    wager web did it for me. i contacted them right after. it was days before the event and right after i realized i hit the wrong team and hit too quick thru the ticket. only time and example i have to share. i always assumed books would never do it.
    some books will claim it's a "one-time courtesy"... i've had betonline cancel a few over the years where i hit the wrong side and didn't want to lose the juice offsetting it... last time i tried they said no and it cost me $150

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17045

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    some books will claim it's a "one-time courtesy"... i've had betonline cancel a few over the years where i hit the wrong side and didn't want to lose the juice offsetting it... last time i tried they said no and it cost me $150
    Sportsbetting, BOL's sister book, allowed me to do this about a week ago. I bet a first half line thinking it was for full game. I immediately contacted them and to my surprise and relief they canceled it for me. Nice gesture on their part.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Sportsbetting, BOL's sister book, allowed me to do this about a week ago. I bet a first half line thinking it was for full game. I immediately contacted them and to my surprise and relief they canceled it for me. Nice gesture on their part.
    good to hear

it probably can be something as simple as how much they're kicking your butt lately (or vice-versa)

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27678

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Just click a button.

888 Sports also!

Judge Crater
    Judge Crater's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 509

I never thought of trying to cancel. I make plenty of errors, always bet 2x on other side and eat the juice.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

They act like it is the biggest favor of ALL TIME----even when lines don't move and their mobile platform sucks... misclicks happen-with zero or line movement against you-it should be a simple favor or click of a button....

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

BOL did it for me as a one time courtesy. Don't think any book would put up with it more than once or twice.

Judge Crater
    Judge Crater's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 509

I hate when I make a mistake and cant get off for whatever reason