tristan
    Update your status
    tristan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

Asian Connect now applies 1,5% fees on deposits / withdrawals with Skrill/neteller!!

Yesterday when looking at my emails i had very bad news from AsianConnect. Their message said:

"Based on our recent review of your accounts with us, we realized that your business is not profitable for us due to the following reasons:

1. High cost of payment gateway

2. Commission earned from your turnover is not enough to cover the cost.

As such, we have decided to implement 1.5% fee on all your deposit/withdrawal in Skrill and Neteller while 2% deposit fee and 1% withdrawal fee for Ecopayz effective on 10th of September and also, we have removed free deposit/withdrawal privilege per calendar month."

Did many of you receive the same email about "Transaction fees"???

Foosball Champ
    Foosball Champ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10498

I could see that one coming. just wait until they raise your betfair commission to 10% like they did for me.

Alfie White
    Alfie White's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11868

Hm, did they stop using the private accounts for their business?

lucky_luke23
    lucky_luke23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

I didn't receive the same email.

But I'm a little bit surprised about an error that occured to me and the support Asianconnect has shown last couple of days in this matter.
    Wagered on 3ET odds almost a week ago through Asianodds88-website... won the bet... but the next day, while checking my balance, I was surprised to see the bet was evaluated incorrectly, counted as lost in my betting history... AO88 followed my concern up to 3et, but still waiting for their response.

Yesterday I wanted to know from Asianconnect if there's an update but they haven't answered yet. Very disappointing.

Did anyone have this same problem? Or ever heard someone go thru the same?

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Skrill is expensive, not too surprised they do something like this if dep/wd costs are more than commission.

Might be better from a PR side just to impose a 1 free per month rule though, or something like 5x deposit rollover .

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Its getting more and more common.

tristan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    Its getting more and more common.
    Yes indeed more and more agents implement fees, but most of the time there are good explanations/justification for that. When, for example, a broker proposes Betfair, matchbook, betdaq..., i consider that their service can justify fees. But concerning Asian Connect, let's look at things objectively: what do they propose on their platform (Asianodds)?? PinnacleSports (all agents do so, that 's the minimum), 3et, and? what else interesting?? Not a single exchange...
    Their offer is very poor. To me there are two main reasons why historically people use AC :
    1-They have been established for a while and have a very solid reputation/reliability
    2-They didn't apply any fee for deposit/withdrawal

Now that they apply 1,5 % fees for all deposits/withdrawal with skrill and neteller, one can imagine they'll lost lots of customers. How can they stand the comparison with other agents that offer exchanges ( Betfair, matchbook,...) ??

tristan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Foosball Champ View Post
    I could see that one coming. just wait until they raise your betfair commission to 10% like they did for me.
    What agent make you pay 10% fees for Betfair??

zikko
    zikko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 976

Quote Originally Posted by tristan View Post
    Yes indeed more and more agents implement fees, but most of the time there are good explanations/justification for that. When, for example, a broker proposes Betfair, matchbook, betdaq..., i consider that their service can justify fees. But concerning Asian Connect, let's look at things objectively: what do they propose on their platform (Asianodds)?? PinnacleSports (all agents do so, that 's the minimum), 3et, and? what else interesting?? Not a single exchange...
    Their offer is very poor. To me there are two main reasons why historically people use AC :
    1-They have been established for a while and have a very solid reputation/reliability
    2-They didn't apply any fee for deposit/withdrawal

Now that they apply 1,5 % fees for all deposits/withdrawal with skrill and neteller, one can imagine they'll lost lots of customers. How can they stand the comparison with other agents that offer exchanges ( Betfair, matchbook,...) ??
    Exact. These fees are not justified because their offer is very poor. I withdrawed all my money. Bye bye Asianconnect.