jacksonstreet
    jacksonstreet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

What happens during 'Live Bet' processing?

At all of the books I play at, there is a ~10-15 second 'processing' period once I press submit on a live bet. Is there someone on the back end that's deciding whether to accept/deny my bet? This 'buffer' period could really work in the books favor.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

If there is a delay on every single live bet it is probably either the book have imposed a delay on you personally, or you are betting markets they do not monitor as closely as top leagues.

If you slip too many winners in within seconds of events occurring they will start to think you are using a faster feed than they can handle and do this to you quite often too.

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

Good to know...

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22163

Any delay cannot be good for the customer. Opens up many possibilities, and none are good for your play.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2436

Watched a "documentary" on bbc. Dude goes to Tennis games and apparently some umpires are slow to press the button to process the point.. so theres a delay if you are at the game to bet after the point..He legit goes all across the world to follow the slow umpires.

Shifty
    Shifty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7997

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    Watched a "documentary" on bbc. Dude goes to Tennis games and apparently some umpires are slow to press the button to process the point.. so theres a delay if you are at the game to bet after the point..He legit goes all across the world to follow the slow umpires.

That's a good story but he never should have mentioned it to the TV reporter. Find something like that you keep it to yourself.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post

If he is betting within a second of the point all the time, I would be surprised if he can keep live betting accounts to do it.

If the Live operators detect his IP being near the tournament they would lock him out for that too if he is betting very late.

Some tournies ban court side betting. Aussie Open added a law so police can arrest people doing it.

Sounds easy, but...

caramba
    caramba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3993

Did he say where he does his betting? Sounds to me that he's betting on Betfair who will then take a big percentage of his earnings with their premium charge. Bookies won't let you do that for long.

cashin81
    hvob

Bet365, probably others.. He was buying other people accounts. The books know but just limit.

But then, I mean it would be pretty easy to even convince a judge that its unfair, dunno.

cashin81
    hvob

I think South Africa was his next target haha.

I think it might be online somewhere, ill check later

cashin81
    hvob

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If he is betting within a second of the point all the time, I would be surprised if he can keep live betting accounts to do it.

If the Live operators detect his IP being near the tournament they would lock him out for that too if he is betting very late.

Some tournies ban court side betting. Aussie Open added a law so police can arrest people doing it.

Sounds easy, but...
    It was a while ago... But I think he grew his hair and wore a cap. under was headphones, and he would tell the guy who had account, (in Uk )to bet.

They showed the process using the presenter, and he made 3k in a day and then b365 booted him out. Whether it was for dramatization I dunno, but doubt it - they showed the acc.

cashin81
    hvob

He probably made his money and its harder now.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

live betting is the most frustrating thing to ever be invented

just yesterday bookmaker had some glitches on ncaaf... during commercial breaks i was betting something at -105 and while it spins it tells me that it moved to -150 yet it still shows -105... so it won't let me bet and next commercial it's -320