rclang64
    rclang64's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 661

BetOnline Bonus Complaint

Is this worth submitting a complaint form with SBR?

I opened an account with BetOnline on June 5, 2019 to try them out. I claimed no bonuses at that time, though I thought I did, and my deposit was made with a card. About a week ago, I received an email that stated the following:

"Additionally, you can lock-in a 100% Bonus (code: CRYPTO100) on your first-ever crypto deposit and a 35% Bonus (code: CRYPTO35) on reloads."

I had never made a crypto bonus before, being my first ever crypto bonus. The verbiage differentiates between a crypto reload and a first ever crypto, not a first ever deposit. I decided to buy some bitcoin, withdraw my money from BetOnline, and make a first ever crypto deposit.

I go to their full rules which the representative I called pointed to (Section 11-3):

Re-Deposit Bonus Qualification:
    1. No existing bonus balance or pending freeplay in account
    2. No existing rollover conditions in account
    3. No payout in the last 14 days
    4. If any pattern of “recycling” or “churning” (defn. ‘money being withdrawn and redeposit in effort to accrue bonuses’) all bonuses and winnings from said bonuses will be removed from account without notice.

So they are claiming that even though it was my first ever crypto deposit, they won't allow the bonus, even though it was a "first ever" bonus, and not a "re-deposit bonus" as stipulated in their rules. And there were no patterns of churning as it was my only requested bonus (they didn't point to churning, just answering questions before they come).

This kind of business practice is very dishonest and misleading and their rules are clearly only open to their own interpretation. They wouldn't even give me the 35% reload. So, my money will be withdrawn from there after less than a month and going to another book I have been using for the past year. They apparently don't care about customer retention.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13875

Strange. Their system used to allow players to use the 100% bonus over and over again and they never cared. As long as you entered the 100CRYPTO or CRYPTO100 codes both BOL and SB let you take it even though the terms said one time use.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

They don't want people withdrawing funds just to re-deposit the same money to add a bonus is why they have the 14 days since last withdraw rule.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13875

Quote Originally Posted by rclang64 View Post
    I had never made a crypto bonus before, being my first ever crypto bonus. The verbiage differentiates between a crypto reload and a first ever crypto, not a first ever deposit. I decided to buy some bitcoin, withdraw my money from BetOnline, and make a first ever crypto deposit.
    Somehow I missed this part. Come on dude, what do you expect??

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17093

Your deposit was within 14 days of your recent withdrawal, so you can't get any bonus. Not unusual, and most require at least a month. You can still get that 100% bonus on your next Bitcoin deposit if you meet their requirements.

rclang64
    rclang64's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 661

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    Somehow I missed this part. Come on dude, what do you expect??
    Considering my withdrawal was basically the same amount as my original card deposit, I expected when the email and say your first ever crypto deposit has a bonus, that would be what it is. I wasn’t churning or actively poaching for bonuses. I had never requested a bonus from them before.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

Quote Originally Posted by rclang64 View Post

Considering my withdrawal was basically the same amount as my original card deposit, I expected when the email and say your first ever crypto deposit has a bonus, that would be what it is. I wasn’t churning or actively poaching for bonuses. I had never requested a bonus from them before.
    Obviously not any intentional wrong doing on your part. But withdrawing with the plan to redeposit with a bonus is the dictionary definition of 'churning'.

We all have to learn this at some time.

They are generous with bonuses. You'll get one next time.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

As others have mentioned, books view bonuses as an incentive for new money. You withdrawing recently is just reusing funds from the withdraw.

Generally books view new money as any deposit after 30 days since last withdrew, or when the total withdrawn is less than the total deposited (for example, if you deposited 1500 and had withdraw 1000 last week, 500 difference would be eligible for bonus).

While you may not haven taken a bonus last deposit, many users who abuse bonus programs would simply withdraw funds and immediately redeposit them if the 14 / 30 day rule was not in place. Customer service deals with a lot so having a clear rule that applies to all withdraw/redeposit situations reduces any confusion or issue.