Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27714

The Greek opened a 2nd Betcris account for me and...

When The Greek closed, they created an account at Betcris and put my funds in there.

Problem is, this created a 2nd account at Betcris in my name, which is against the rules everywhere. So I immediately withdrew the balance without any problem. And my original account at Betcris has not been active for quite a while.

But since then, in the past month I had my active account at Galaxy Sports closed (same family as Betcris).

And now today Justbet (same family as Betcris) sent me a reload 'welcome back' bonus offer, but when I tried to deposit, they told me my account is closed.

Both books telling me I must use Betcris only. That's all they will say.

Optional said in another thread it's because I'm Canadian, but as far as I can tell they still accept Canadians.

Did anyone else experience the same sort of thing after the Greek created a 2nd account at Betcris?
    Last edited by Krashman; 06-27-19 at 06:21 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

Did I say it was due to being Canadian?

I think I was asking questions to try and work out if it was country specific, but UK is the only one I know for sure they have dropped.

A couple of people have posted that they have had accounts closed at sister books and told they can only have one account at the group in recent weeks btw.

Krashman

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    A couple of people have posted that they have had accounts closed at sister books and told they can only have one account at the group in recent weeks btw.
    Yes, I am wondering if they also had a second account opened at Betcris by The Greek, and if possibly we have been flagged as abusing the system as a result.

I see others posting that they are still allowed accounts at multiple books across the Bookmaker family.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Krashman View Post

Yes, I am wondering if they also had a second account opened at Betcris by The Greek, and if possibly we have been flagged as abusing the system as a result.

I see others posting that they are still allowed accounts at multiple books across the Bookmaker family.
    I had the same thing and it did not affect my account there. I am sure there was a large crossover in users.

Although Greek didn't transfer me, I had to transfer myself here https://betcris.com/en/welcome-greek

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18995

Did I say it was due to being Canadian?

I think I was asking questions to try and work out if it was country specific, but UK is the only one I know for sure they have dropped.

Is it the whole group that dropped the UK or just BetCRIS? I knew United Kingdom wasn't on the sign-up page for them but it is for JustBet and Galaxy Sports. It might just be that the page hasn't been altered yet if this change was recent. I'm not planning to join but it's probably useful forum information.

vampire assassin
    vampire assassin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9914

They won't view that as abuse. If they agreed to transfer all Greek players, they know they are getting a lot of duplicates.

Did they consolidate, keeping your busiest account? If you are a winning player, they probably want to track that wager history.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    Is it the whole group that dropped the UK or just BetCRIS? I knew United Kingdom wasn't on the sign-up page for them but it is for JustBet and Galaxy Sports. It might just be that the page hasn't been altered yet if this change was recent. I'm not planning to join but it's probably useful forum information.
    It's for Bookmaker and BetCRIS for sure. I'm not 100% sure about JB and Galaxy but I would assume it is the same for all of them.

Krashman

I had the same thing and it did not affect my account there. I am sure there was a large crossover in users.

Although Greek didn't transfer me, I had to transfer myself here https://betcris.com/en/welcome-greek
    All that does is tell you your newly created Betcris account name, and instruct you to log in with your old password. As soon as you log in, they have all your personal info already. So I still say the Greek opened the 2nd account for me.

I checked my Bookmaker account today and same thing, can't log in. I"m sure they will tell me the same thing, closed account, managements decision, you must use Betcris only.