JasonDC
    JasonDC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 238

Has everyone given up hope on a Betislands bailout?

Every thread seems to be about who is at fault and what SBR knew and when they knew it..i want to know if there are people who still think there is a shot that we see our money..or at least some of it. I have pretty much given up any hope but i thought maybe somebody had some info. that might give me a reason to be optimistic.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

if the figures are true and the balances total 1.5mil I wouldnt think so

what sane person would take on 1.5 mil of liability

read around, most offshore books dont have the budget to have people answering the phones full time, taking on such debt would cripple them

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    if the figures are true and the balances total 1.5mil I wouldnt think so

what sane person would take on 1.5 mil of liability

read around, most offshore books dont have the budget to have people answering the phones full time, taking on such debt would cripple them
    I had no idea that most books couldn't afford to hire full time wagering clerks, that surprises me. I know my money is 99.9999% gone but im having a hard time accepting it..especially because i got my ass kicked all of september and october before going on a late run that i wont get paid for.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I wouldn't be surprised if the lower balances get a half way decent bailout. I wouldn't count on it though.

Also, I believe the liability is more than $1.5M. The database shown did not include pending cashouts. Also, there have to be customers who were not under SBR's affiliate program.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by JasonDC View Post
    I had no idea that most books couldn't afford to hire full time wagering clerks, that surprises me. I know my money is 99.9999% gone but im having a hard time accepting it..especially because i got my ass kicked all of september and october before going on a late run that i wont get paid for.

well they wouldnt actually come out and say it but if you read around the forum, lots of players call and the phones never get answered, some books actually do have timetables of times were you can call and when there is noone at the office, many books share resources like stuff, probably IT as well Im guessing

shows you just how small time they are, bailout looks bleek, never say never, this is sports betting, when everyone is sure of an outcome, the opposite happens

but common sense tells there will be no bailout, sorry dude

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the lower balances get a half way decent bailout. I wouldn't count on it though.

Also, I believe the liability is more than $1.5M. The database shown did not include pending cashouts. Also, there have to be customers who were not under SBR's affiliate program.
    There is something wrong with that sheet. I should not have been on that sheet under an SBR affiliate program..the first time i had ever been to SBR was the day i signed up on Dec 6th..i had been on the forums at covers for a while..never at SBR so i cant understand why i was there..my account number and balance was correct though.

KGambler

There is something wrong with that sheet. I should not have been on that sheet under an SBR affiliate program..the first time i had ever been to SBR was the day i signed up on Dec 6th..i had been on the forums at covers for a while..never at SBR so i cant understand why i was there..my account number and balance was correct though.

So you were a customer at BI before you ever visited SBR? Who should be your affiliate - Covers?

JasonDC

So you were a customer at BI before you ever visited SBR? Who should be your affiliate - Covers?
    Im pretty sure i read some good reviews about them and called them and signed up..i never click on any banners..i should not have any affiliate.

KGambler

Im pretty sure i read some good reviews about them and called them and signed up..i never click on any banners..i should not have any affiliate.
    1. Where did you read the reviews? Your affiliate could be assigned automatically from cookies on your computer. You signed up by calling on the telephone??? Did they ask how you heard about them?

2. Which grouping are you listed in?

JasonDC

1. Where did you read the reviews? Your affiliate could be assigned automatically from cookies on your computer. You signed up by calling on the telephone??? Did they ask how you heard about them?

2. Which grouping are you listed in?
    I read the reviews on covers..its possible they could have asked where i heard about them, its been so long i dont remember. I was on the second list..i guess its the square list..but wasn't everyone on that list supposed to be from SBR?

KGambler

I read the reviews on covers..its possible they could have asked where i heard about them, its been so long i dont remember. I was on the second list..i guess its the square list..but wasn't everyone on that list supposed to be from SBR?
    Yes, they are. If SBR is not your affiliate, then it's possible the list was doctored to make SBR look even worse than they do.
    Or it's possible SBR is your affiliate because Jon was in bed with SBR. Who knows? Jon does, but unfortunately he's a pathological liar.

CollegePro
    CollegePro's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey Jason, I think I read somewhere that you play @ other books as well, right?? you should try to contact every single one of them to see if they will bail you out. I haven't got bail out yet but I am talking to one of the books I use most before I put my money in BI last time.. I won't mention who since they asked me to.. but it sounds like this specific book is working on something to see if they can help us out.

JasonDC

Yes, they are. If SBR is not your affiliate, then it's possible the list was doctored to make SBR look even worse than they do.
    Or it's possible SBR is your affiliate because Jon was in bed with SBR. Who knows? Jon does, but unfortunately he's a pathological liar.
    I have learned from this mess that im not as good of a person as i thought i was because i find myself wishing great harm on those who stole my money lol.

KGambler

I have learned from this mess that im not as good of a person as i thought i was because i find myself wishing great harm on those who stole my money lol.
    That means you are a good person. You always pay your debts. You strive for equity and justice.

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by CollegePro View Post
    hey Jason, I think I read somewhere that you play @ other books as well, right?? you should try to contact every single one of them to see if they will bail you out. I haven't got bail out yet but I am talking to one of the books I use most before I put my money in BI last time.. I won't mention who since they asked me to.. but it sounds like this specific book is working on something to see if they can help us out.
    Yea i will give it a try..i think i will start at youwager due to the fact that i can never seem to win a bet when i play there..it's funny how legends has severely restricted my limits because i have won there but i cant pick a winner when playing at youwager or 5Dimes. Can you tell me how you approached them about possibly helping you? i mentioned the subject to people at legends today because i heard a rumor they could be involved in a bailout..all i was told is that they are not affiliated in any way with betislands.

Milk Money
    Milk Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Maybe none of these books want to do a bailout because they are getting the same horseshit story we are.
    Points Awarded:

Matt Rain gave Milk Money 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JasonDC

That means you are a good person. You always pay your debts. You strive for equity and justice.
    Yea i like that way of looking at it.

CollegePro

Yea i will give it a try..i think i will start at youwager due to the fact that i can never seem to win a bet when i play there..it's funny how Legends has severely restricted my limits because i have won there but i cant pick a winner when playing at youwager or 5dimes. Can you tell me how you approached them about possibly helping you? i mentioned the subject to people at legends today because i heard a rumor they could be involved in a bailout..all i was told is that they are not affiliated in any way with betislands.
    well, I didn't approach them.. they approached me first.. I was talking with the upper manager though.. and he offered me good deal but I turned it down cuz I spent good amount of money buying presents and such for x-mas..so I didn't want to deposit too much cash money.. and he said he will see what he can do for me and will be in touch.. he also mentioned they are actually looking to see what they can do for sbr members as well..

CollegePro

well, I didn't approach them.. they approached me first.. I was talking with the upper manager though.. and he offered me good deal but I turned it down cuz I spent good amount of money buying presents and such for x-mas..so I didn't want to deposit too much cash money.. and he said he will see what he can do for me and will be in touch.. he also mentioned they are actually looking to see what they can do for sbr members as well..
    since nothing is really official, that's the reason why he probably didn't want me to discuss their company name. But I am faith in them..they will be our savior!

CollegePro

I have faith in them..

JasonDC

Quote Originally Posted by Milk Money View Post
    Maybe none of these books want to do a bailout because they are getting the same horseshit story we are.
    Maybe none of the books thinks the reward is worth the 1.5 million in debt they would inherit..we have books folding/stealing, processing getting more difficult..it just seems like playing offshore for americans might be more hassle than it's worth right now..it's hard enough to win and when we do we have to worry if we will see it.

CollegePro

Maybe none of the books thinks the reward is worth the 1.5 million in debt they would inherit..we have books folding/stealing, processing getting more difficult..it just seems like playing offshore for americans might be more hassle than it's worth right now..it's hard enough to win and when we do we have to worry if we will see it.
    this is totally true.. only if NJ can start accepting sports wager... I will drive 7 hours to place a wager on the weekends... I can't go to las vegas to place a wager..

JasonDC

Thats one of the problemsi might have..i have $6,521 in my account at BI but if a bailout comes with a matching deposit i cant do it..this problem was very bad timing for me, there is never a good time to get 6k+ stolen but its particularly bad timing for me right now. I hope the guy you spoke to is serious about this, and i hope it's a decent book that we all know.

CollegePro

Thats one of the problemsi might have..i have $6,521 in my account at BI but if a bailout comes with a matching deposit i cant do it..this problem was very bad timing for me, there is never a good time to get 6k+ stolen but its particularly bad timing for me right now. I hope the guy you spoke to is serious about this, and i hope it's a decent book that we all know.
    yes it is.. it's not A M E R I C A... not saying they are bad... but I haven't deposit with them long time so I can't get bailed out from them..

JasonDC

yes it is.. it's not A M E R I C A... not saying they are bad... but I haven't deposit with them long time so I can't get bailed out from them..
    I hope we get some news soon..i dont want this thing to keep drag on for weeks, im already getting to the point where im tired of thinking about it, it's mentally draining..i just want to know one way or the other. The only thing i have to look forward to is a large free play coming from youwager at the end of football season from their gamblers insurance..but with my luck they will close up shop after the super bowl..or get busted by the feds.

the hamburgler
    the hamburgler's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm kinda in the same boat...guy owed me some money so he asked to be able to transfer on BI to settle the debt.

i'm on the list, but i've never been on sbr (lurked) and while i don't remember specifically, i'm almost 100% positive i wouldn't have used sbr as my affiliate/where i heard of the site because why would i?

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by the hamburgler View Post
    i'm kinda in the same boat...guy owed me some money so he asked to be able to transfer on BI to settle the debt.

i'm on the list, but i've never been on sbr (lurked) and while i don't remember specifically, i'm almost 100% positive i wouldn't have used sbr as my affiliate/where i heard of the site because why would i?
    It is strange that you're on the list, not much of an explanation as to why that would happen. Cookies seems a bit out there, as BI wouldn't want you listed under an affiliate unless they had to. My guess is you either clicked on a banner from SBR, or if you signed up on the phone, maybe you mentioned a promo that was being offered through SBR, so they lumped you with that group.

offshoreguy
    offshoreguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

No one wants to bail you guys out because everyone in the industry despises SBR and tand can't wait to see them go down in flames. The fact that ratings are bought is public knowledge and their extortive tactics will not go unpunished.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

This amount of debt is nothing to some Asian book owners, but the current environment for US market makes them hesitate to make a deal.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

if they havent given up , they should have

#reality
    Last edited by 5mike5; 12-22-12 at 09:22 AM.

harvesters
    harvesters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6665

Do we have a sense of how many of these accounts are Americans?

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

As far as I know BI never accepted non-US action -- which was always a little odd

harvesters
    harvesters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6665

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    As far as I know BI never accepted non-US action -- which was always a little odd
    I am an a non-American and I played heavily there this football season.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Ok must have changed. I remember trying to sign up in the early days and was told US-only. I stopped playing offshore so hadn't checked in a fair while.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

One way that could help is to have a player poll to see how much rollover they're willing to accept for a bailout. If players are willing to go 100x roll, then perhaps one or more (higher rated) books might be interested.

1234 ... Last