bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

Heritage rules- suspended game

According to their listed rules, should wagers that require a full game (white Sox royals yesterday) include todays portion of game? Or be cancelled?

bubba

bump.

Should suspended games have action the next day? Any website have this in their rules (besides for postseason)?

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Regular season they cancel

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Regular season they cancel
    Heritage actually kept all wagers i had open and including the rest of game played today. I am still shocked!

cost me a few bucks but i am more in shock that they would do something so blatantly against industry standard without a clearly written rule to do so (maybe i am wrong. maybe its indusrty standard or maybe they have a clearly written rule i couldnt find anywhere).

I tried contacting livechat and wagering before the game earlier today and got not much further than "management decision".

I love heritage. great book. but this decision has/had me greatly confused.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17057

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    Heritage actually kept all wagers i had open and including the rest of game played today. I am still shocked!

cost me a few bucks but i am more in shock that they would do something so blatantly against industry standard without a clearly written rule to do so (maybe i am wrong. maybe its indusrty standard or maybe they have a clearly written rule i couldnt find anywhere).

I tried contacting livechat and wagering before the game earlier today and got not much further than "management decision".

I love heritage. great book. but this decision has/had me greatly confused.
    If a Book has no written rule then Las Vegas rules apply and your bet would be canceled. However, Heritage does have a written rule (see below) that bets will carry over to the next day if game is suspended. So your bet stands for now.

• For all moneyline bets, a game is considered official after five innings of play (four and a half if the home team is winning). Thereafter, if a game is canceled or called out, the winner is determined by the score after the last full inning of play. If the home team scores to tie or takes the lead in the bottom half of the inning, the winner is then determined by the score at the time the game is canceled. In case a game is resumed next day, wagers will remain pending and will be graded with the final score.
    Points Awarded:

bubba gave HedgeHog 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    If a Book has no written rule then Las Vegas rules apply and your bet would be canceled. However, Heritage does have a written rule (see below) that bets will carry over to the next day if game is suspended. So your bet stands for now.

• For all moneyline bets, a game is considered official after five innings of play (four and a half if the home team is winning). Thereafter, if a game is canceled or called out, the winner is determined by the score after the last full inning of play. If the home team scores to tie or takes the lead in the bottom half of the inning, the winner is then determined by the score at the time the game is canceled. In case a game is resumed next day, wagers will remain pending and will be graded with the final score.
    I feel better having read that (not sure how i missed the last sentence talking about the next day).

But is that just the "moneyline" bet section? Is that enough to carry over player props to the next day?

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17057

I feel better having read that (not sure how i missed the last sentence talking about the next day).

But is that just the "moneyline" bet section? Is that enough to carry over player props to the next day?
    It doesn't specify so I would take "wagers will remain pending" to mean that all bets are carried over.

Chiefs83
    Update your status
    Chiefs83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1571

I had Under for the 1st 5 and Under for game both graded as Winners

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    It doesn't specify so I would take "wagers will remain pending" to mean that all bets are carried over.
    Well thats in the paragraph/bullet point about moneyline wagers. The runline/total paragraph is right beneath it with no mention. It certainly could be interpenetrated that the next day rule only applies to moneylines.

Id say at the very least, they could make their baseball rules much clearer (especially with rules that arent standard) and everyone wins.

skyler2580
    skyler2580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Well thats in the paragraph/bullet point about moneyline wagers. The runline/total paragraph is right beneath it with no mention. It certainly could be interpenetrated that the next day rule only applies to moneylines.

Id say at the very least, they could make their baseball rules much clearer (especially with rules that arent standard) and everyone wins.

Your wager should be cancelled. I have a heritage account and I had over the total in a parlay. I couldn't find the totals rules for a suspended game, but I did recall other books cancelling this type of wager on a suspended game even if it was rescheduled the next day on a regular season game.

I called Heritage today and they told me they would honor this cancellation, but my wager would count as a loss until I see out how the rest of the parlay comes out. My last play in the parlay isn't until Friday evening and in the event the last leg wins, I will have to call back and probably get the run around because they probably didn't put anything in the notes. It is a 26/1 payout on the parlay, so hopefully I don't get the run around even though it clearly states that they would do what the Mirage does in disputes. We will see if my last leg of my parlay hits and I give them the call back. I haven't been with Heritage for very long, so I am not sure how honest and consistent their customer service is. I will update on what happens.

I found this rule, which should go in your favor. I called the Mirage last night and they said that the total for this game is considered "no action."

• When betting on totals and/or run-lines the game must go nine innings (eight and a half if the home team is winning). Extra innings are included in the final totals. Listed pitchers must start the game. In case of disputes the ruling made by "The Mirage" sports book in Las Vegas will apply.
    Last edited by skyler2580; 05-28-19 at 11:07 PM.

skyler2580

Bubba, did you call back and tell and dispute the ruling to carry over the next day on the game? Mirage says bets are off, and that is their default dispute ruling since they didn't specify their suspended game rules.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by skyler2580 View Post
    Bubba, did you call back and tell and dispute the ruling to carry over the next day on the game? Mirage says bets are off, and that is their default dispute ruling since they didn't specify their suspended game rules.
    Thanks for all the info. I wish heritage would have been more accommodating to me in my attempts to get this rectified before the game was completed. I feel a little uneasy trying to get my losers cancelled at this point. Its not a big enough deal to me to risk getting on their bad side over this ( i had 4 wagers i believe and went 1 for4 but the winner was the biggest one netting me a small loss by my standards)

At this point Id just wish they stated clearly in their rules what the rule is (whatever they want the rule to be is fine, just be clear about it).

skyler2580

That is fine, they told me they would honor it if my parlay wins. We will see Friday.

bubba

It appears heritage has updated their rules to 1- be less confusing 2- reflect the rule that (almost) every other sports-book has in regards to suspended games. I may be wrong. If yes, I applaud them, although it never should have been so confusing to begin with.