DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8055

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    lol. I feel I’m the one of the best handicappers in the world. Having a girlfriend who hates me handicapping makes me just above average.
    I was gambling at Tropicana last spring and there was this young couple playing at the Pai Gow table that I was playing and they were talking about a college basketball game and what to bet on the game. They were betting anywhere from $100 to $500 a hand, which was way more than I normally bet as my average bet is no more than $50. They sounded like they were ready to bet thousands on the game.

I was envious of them as I wished I had a wife who understood and followed sports and could bet on sports with me. Instead, all she does is cost me money when I ask for simple 50/50 propositions as she gets them wrong all the time and she has NO CLUE about any sports. I have better luck asking my little kids.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    I was gambling at Tropicana last spring and there was this young couple playing at the Pai Gow table that I was playing and they were talking about a college basketball game and what to bet on the game. They were betting anywhere from $100 to $500 a hand, which was way more than I normally bet as my average bet is no more than $50. They sounded like they were ready to bet thousands on the game.

I was envious of them as I wished I had a wife who understood and followed sports and could bet on sports with me. Instead, all she does is cost me money when I ask for simple 50/50 propositions as she gets them wrong all the time and she has NO CLUE about any sports. I have better luck asking my little kids.
    Dude my girl absolutely hates sports. I never saw a person hate sports as much as her. I can win 3000 one week and lose 50 the next and as soon as i lose she wants me to quit. Doesn’t matter what i buy her she wants that time i spend on capping to be hers. Drives me nuts.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

Dude my girl absolutely hates sports. I never saw a person hate sports as much as her. I can win 3000 one week and lose 50 the next and as soon as i lose she wants me to quit. Doesn’t matter what i buy her she wants that time i spend on capping to be hers. Drives me nuts.
    You're going to need to love her more than gambling to make that work for too long

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    Instead, all she does is cost me money when I ask for simple 50/50 propositions as she gets them wrong all the time and she has NO CLUE about any sports. I have better luck asking my little kids.
    Just fade your wife then? Who does she like tomorrow? Sounds like she really sucks.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    You're going to need to love her more than gambling to make that work for too long
    I can’t stand gambling but i am good at it. I wouldn’t watch sports if there wasn’t gambling because i think it is a big waste of time to be honest. if i sucked at gambling I wouldn’t waste my time. My girl is very needy that is the problem. I tell her all the time and trust me she isn’t going anywhere.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Just fade your wife then? Who does she like tomorrow? Sounds like she really sucks.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9255

I can’t stand gambling but i am good at it. I wouldn’t watch sports if there wasn’t gambling because i think it is a big waste of time to be honest. if i sucked at gambling I wouldn’t waste my time. My girl is very needy that is the problem. I tell her all the time and trust me she isn’t going anywhere.
    Sounds like you have it sorted

DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8055

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    50/50 propositions I ask her are whether to hedge or not, or two different options to hedging and not making a pick on a game as she has no clue whatsoever about any of the games.

She was wrong on 9 out of 10 hedge situations and had I not hedged at all, I would have won another $9,000+ easily for the season.

She likes to play everything safe and therefore she basically looks for the safest way to win, so she always picks the option to make the guaranteed minimum and not take any chances to make more even if that option may not guarantee a highest minimum payout.

The last hedge decision she picked cost me winning another $4,500, so after that I told her I will NEVER ask her again about any sports betting and that's that.

As to my kids, when I'm undecided about a pick, I just ask them which team they like by reading out the team cities and team names, and if they are consensus then I go with them. If they are split, then I pretty much lay off the game. I don't think they have been wrong so far this year. I don't ask them about hedging since they wouldn't understand as they are only 8 and 6 year old girls. As good as flipping a coin but much better.

First 123