johnnydallaz
    johnnydallaz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Intertops live wager delay

Tread lightly, the waters are very murky...

Today I placed a prematch wager on WTA M.Barthel at the odds of -170 at a respectable book. I then logged into my Intertops account and followed the match live on their scoreboard. After the 1st set was completed their scoreboard showed Barthel had won 1st set and her live odds then rose to -625.

I laid the Giant number as I had followed along watching the scoreboard, and she had appeard to have cruised through the 1st set.
    Then it happend.
    The intertops live scoreboard skipped/glitched/fast forwards straight past the 2nd set and somehow too the middle of the 3rd set. (Twilight Zone style)

The scoreboard flip flops now showing M.Barthel had actually lost the 1st set and was now leading in the 3rd. The scoreboard completely changed but the odds of -625 remained the same.

I contacted live chat immediately and was told my wager was accepted in the middle of 3rd set. Could possibly be Internet connection/delay/live scores not official/So Sorry... Wager stands lol!

In my honest to God opinion this is what had to have happened.
    a) their live scoreboard was completely incorrect (not official, I know)
    b) I had a seizure watching the intertops scoreboard and completely blacked out for @least 20-30 minuets.
    c) johnnydallaz is a time traveler from the future. Today I traveled from the end of the 1st set, all the way to the middle of the 3rd set. Where will I go next?

Never had a bad experience with tops, now they think I'm trying to hustle em.
    Odds are juiced but I enjoyed all the live features.
    Starting the new week off by closing an account, nice!
    Sorry so long, needed too vent somewhere...

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9310

Live scoreboards stuff up at all live books occasionally JD. Bet365 seems to add and subtract goals randomly from soccer live scores in half the matches.

Changing books wont stop it.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Just use FlashScores very good for live info

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Using a bookie to monitor live scores... 5Dimes live scores are almost always lagging behind the true score... Only site that's never disappointed was Betfair and even with them I have flashscore/livescore fired up just incase

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's tough when it comes to live wagering you're always going to see a discrepancy, intertop is a tremendous book and has been around since day one as many call it the pioneer of the industry

johnnydallaz
    johnnydallaz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

All your feedback is appreciated, thank you.
    Im going to chalk this up as a live wagering learning experience. Intertops is still one of my favorite live/online books, and the mistake made yesterday may have been a delay on my end. What made me upset was the 1st set flip flop...

Oh well, that was yesterday
    Fully focused on today!

sheepgotwool
    sheepgotwool's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6429

Does intertops have a sister book ?

rangerz2478
    rangerz2478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12330

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Live scoreboards stuff up at all live books occasionally JD. Bet365 seems to add and subtract goals randomly from soccer live scores in half the matches.

Changing books wont stop it.
    Haven't agreed with Optional on much lately but I do agree here. You can't rely on live scoreboards as your only way of tracking match info. It should be used as a distant backup and nothing more.