Kaplan
    Kaplan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

Is Anybody Using Checks to Fund/Withdraw ?

All, I am wanting to load up for football season at Bookmaker and Heritage. I used bitcoin lastyear and found it to be really cool and simple. This will be my first year betting big money and I am spooked by all the talk about bitcoin crashing and the possibility of govt crackdowns etc. Also, I used circle and I hear that is no longer an option.

I am wanting to fund and withdraw this year via check. Am I an idiot ?

Anyone else still using checks ?

Thanks.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9320

I'm not sure books take posted checks anymore. But you can ask. Most of them will pay out that way though.

It's just during the technical changes coming up that bitcoin sounds like a hot mess. It will all calm down again quickly in early August. If you know how to work that way and liked it last time, do yourself and the book a favor and use it instead of checks. ;-)

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Kaplan - There are a few A+ books that still take chks. The problem is... expect a 21 day delay with the funds hitting your acct after the book receives your chk. Happened to me.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

some big books let you wire in also

Kaplan

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    some big books let you wire in also
    Is it possible from the states?

Kaplan

What are some alternatives to Circle now that they are out ?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

Is it possible from the states?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
    What are some alternatives to Circle now that they are out ?
    Coinbase is still #1 for ease of use - fees are sort of on the high end

Gemini cuts Coinbase's fees by 50%

Check Bitcoin Forum for different threads... read what other guys are doing.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

All nonbitcoin only books still take checks. Bitcoin is much faster and easier but Bitcoin is horrible now. They are changing the system or something. I can't even make a deposit into nitrogen now. Bitcoin is basically shut down until next week hopefully. Checks a good option now but they won't credit instantly like they used to.

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

Like the other poster said- just stick with bitcoin. I use Gemini now which is really good but max deposit is $500 per day (your max deposit will get reset everyday). The money you deposit will sit in your account until you actually buy bitcoin so you don't have to worry about fluctuations. If you're gonna start betting big, again keep in mind, it might take you a couple weeks to get that much money in the account through just Gemini.

bonz
    bonz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by temple2010 View Post
    Like the other poster said- just stick with bitcoin. I use Gemini now which is really good but max deposit is $500 per day (your max deposit will get reset everyday). The money you deposit will sit in your account until you actually buy bitcoin so you don't have to worry about fluctuations. If you're gonna start betting big, again keep in mind, it might take you a couple weeks to get that much money in the account through just Gemini.
    Thanks for the info.

bonz

What's the name for the Gemini app? I don't see it in the phone store.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9320

No App. just gemini.com

bonz

Ok thanks

Kaplan

Thanks for the info ,Folks.

seau45
    seau45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

i got a check from 5 dimes recently, wasnt able to deposit it at the ATM or through Mobile Deposit, so I had to mail it in, still waiting for it to post to my account.

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Gemini is top notch. If you don't want to wait 5 days for your funds to clear do a wire transfer from the bank you register with them to your gemini account your bank usually charges 25 bucks or so for the service). The funds hit your account same day, and you can convert them to Bitcoin instantly and deposit. May take a bit longer this week only until the market stabilizes but it's looking more and more like that BTC fork may be much ado about nothing. Only takes about 10 minutes inside the bank, they ask what it's for, I just tell them investment firm. Never had a problem in 3-4 transfers. Good luck

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Quote Originally Posted by seau45 View Post
    i got a check from 5 dimes recently, wasnt able to deposit it at the ATM or through Mobile Deposit, so I had to mail it in, still waiting for it to post to my account.
    Is there no physical branch of your bank to just walk into or use the drive-thru?

bonz

Quote Originally Posted by John Dough View Post
    Is there no physical branch of your bank to just walk into or use the drive-thru?
    Millennials😃

seau45
    seau45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

not really a check i wanna deposit in person if you follow. But no, they just refer people to the atm for deposits unfortunately.

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Yea just use bitcoin, easiest and fastest way for deposits and withdrawls

John Dough
    John Dough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10136

Quote Originally Posted by seau45 View Post
    not really a check i wanna deposit in person if you follow. But no, they just refer people to the atm for deposits unfortunately.
    If you're uncomfortable depositing it in person, I understand, but FWIW, unless you have a specific situation beyond just feeling uncomfortable, it's really not an issue and your bank shouldn't give a crap (speaking from years of experience here).

Do whatever makes you feel comfortable though, not trying to convince you of anything. GL.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave John Dough 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seau45