b0z0
    b0z0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Has anyone ever been banned from live betting?

Well it happens to me yesterday. I never expect to be banned for making $200 - $500 per live bet. Please advise me on which books that have the best live lines.
    TIA

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

which book ?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Quote Originally Posted by b0z0 View Post
    Well it happens to me yesterday. I never expect to be banned for making $200 - $500 per live bet. Please advise me on which books that have the best live lines.
    TIA
    Depends on your country. And $500 will be at the top end of limits for some platforms.

But if you were banned for posting late bets, same thing will happen everywhere if you play the same way. They will all flag you for playing live at the game or having a fast broadcast and betting before odds go down.

b0z0

BetUs said it was management decision to disable my account on live wagering. I have been losing money on pre-game bets before a friend get me started on live wagering. It's more enjoyable to watch the game and get a feel for the game before making a bet. I don't have access to fast broadcast since all the sports I watched are on Directv or WatchEspn.
    I am up about 30k since September of last year with 1k deposit + 100% freeplay. I don't win big but I win consistently month over month. Thumbs up to BetUs for making payout easy! Please let me know your experience at other books that offer live wagering. Thanks!

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

If you get paid out 30k from betus I'd be surprised.

Vyasports

show us a few screenshots OR its fake.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Love the BS that "it makes watching the game more fun". Betting $500 bets means one thing, arbing and taking bad lines.

b0z0

Quote Originally Posted by Vyasports View Post
    show us a few screenshots OR its fake.
    People like you are the worst.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auh7rkjBg_k5kTeyO--cbY7rjeQu
    F*ck off!!!

b0z0

Quote Originally Posted by dealer wins View Post
    Love the BS that "it makes watching the game more fun". Betting $500 bets means one thing, arbing and taking bad lines.
    Let's see if you can post a screen grab of your account like I just did.
    What the f*ck do you know about live wagering?
    Last edited by b0z0; 03-28-19 at 04:43 AM.

dealer wins

Yep, arber lol

b0z0

Yep, arber lol
    Why don't you post a screenshot of your account to show your "winning" style of wagering? LOL

If arbing on live betting with 15% juice is easy, why can't you and everybody else do it? Because it only works when you "win" and win consistently! By dismissing me as an arber doesn't make you a sharp, it just shows you are ignorant to think you know everything about gambling in general.

I got banned at BetUs so I am looking for help from people with experience with live wagering at other books. I went off topic by responding to you. If you have insights or experience that you can share, by all means, please do. If not, do us all a favor and keep your opinions to yourself. You can learn a thing or two just by googling "hedging a bet"!

dealer wins

I agree, so dont write BS that "having a bet makes the match more exciting" as the reason for betting!

Vyasports

woah woah que pasó...
    por favor calma

b0z0

I agree, so dont write BS that "having a bet makes the match more exciting" as the reason for betting!
    Obviously you don't have a gambler mentality! If you have any pre-game actions, watching the game is very stressful and/or exciting at the same time. That's why most bookies don't watch any games they have large actions on or they will risk suffering heart attacks.

Without pre-game actions, I can enjoy watching the game then make my "informed" live bet(s). The keyword here is informed! Blindly betting on a game to me now is beyond stupid. In hindsight, I can't believe how stupid I was. Nothing comes easy, especially money. It takes a lot of losing to get enough experience and a mentor to guide you to be profitable in gambling.

I hope this will be the end of our discussions since you have nothing to share regarding live wagering. ✌Peace
    Last edited by b0z0; 03-28-19 at 06:37 PM.

b0z0

Quote Originally Posted by Vyasports View Post
    woah woah que pasó...
    por favor calma

Why??? Because people like you don't contribute in helping others nor wanting to share knowledge.

Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Isn't it forbidden to hedge bets? The books want recreational players and hedging is not recreational.

b0z0

Quote Originally Posted by Gaze73 View Post
    Isn't it forbidden to hedge bets? The books want recreational players and hedging is not recreational.
    We all want to win(books, bookies, & players of all types). How we play is up to us! Hedging is not easy as you think. Books offer live wagering because they want more actions on any given game.

Optional

Books love us to hedge and reduce potential odds.

You're probably thinking of arbitrage.

Gaze73

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Books love us to hedge and reduce potential odds.

You're probably thinking of arbitrage.
    Hedging is essentially trading, I doubt books love that. Say I bet on a tennis dog at +200, he breaks in the very first game and drops to +100, now I can hedge and enjoy the profit. Letting the game just run is gambling and when the fav wins I gain nothing.

Optional

Hedging is essentially trading, I doubt books love that. Say I bet on a tennis dog at +200, he breaks in the very first game and drops to +100, now I can hedge and enjoy the profit. Letting the game just run is gambling and when the fav wins I gain nothing.
    They offer "Cash Out" buttons because they want you to do it.

I'm not saying a good trading strategy isn't a good way to make money for some people. But in reality it takes as much knowledge as straight betting to really be successful and in comparison you are likely not maximizing your profits. But on the plus side you probably reduce your risk too.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Optional vs Gaze, I would argue it depends.

If you see lines that are slightly off market, compared to Pinnacle live odds, I would argue hedging would be valuable. I have hedged out some wagers when I've been able to get an essentially arb or breakeven line vs Pinnacle live odds.

If you're using Pinnacle live odds though, then no, I'd take Optional's side on that. Efficient live markets are juice 5-7%, volume is what makes books money, so if you hedge in an efficient market, you're still losing 5-7% long term on both live and pre-game bets, even if your hedge results in a guaranteed win (you would lose value on the EV of the bet compared to current probability of your pregame bet winning).

I would also argue that live betting markets have greater opportunities for being inefficient than pregame. Why? Because you see so many people get limited or banned first in live bets, which means the book sees them as sharp. Whereas it takes longer for someone who bets pregame to have their limits cut. The argument people get banned for having a quicker feed, I'd argue is very unlikely. Every stream online and on TV that I find, is often a few seconds behind the live betting changes on most books.
    Last edited by eaglesfan371; 03-28-19 at 05:51 PM.

Gaze73

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan371 View Post
    Optional vs Gaze, I would argue it depends.

If you see lines that are slightly off market, compared to Pinnacle live odds, I would argue hedging would be valuable. I have hedged out some wagers when I've been able to get an essentially arb or breakeven line vs Pinnacle live odds.

If you're using Pinnacle live odds though, then no, I'd take Optional's side on that. Efficient live markets are juice 5-7%, volume is what makes books money, so if you hedge in an efficient market, you're still losing 5-7% long term on both live and pre-game bets, even if your hedge results in a guaranteed win (you would lose value on the EV of the bet compared to current probability of your pregame bet winning).

I would also argue that live betting markets have greater opportunities for being inefficient than pregame. Why? Because you see so many people get limited or banned first in live bets, which means the book sees them as sharp. Whereas it takes longer for someone who bets pregame to have their limits cut. The argument people get banned for having a quicker feed, I'd argue is very unlikely. Every stream online and on TV that I find, is often a few seconds behind the live betting changes on most books.
    Trading allows you to play with higher stakes so it's more than worth it, even if you bet just twice as big. Also live lines are definitely inefficient, I see many people breaking 20% roi live because automated algorithms can't keep up with sharp angles.

b0z0

Recreational bettor = Square bettor (some who is mostly uninformed when it comes to gambling probabilities)
    Have you met many long-term winning recreational bettor? Why is that?

An average recreational bettor needs to hit 52.38% of his bets to cover the -110 juice. One way to win is stop betting on so many games and concentrate on just a few. Next time before betting on a game be sure to ask yourself why are you betting on those games. Do you have a edge or are you chasing your loses? Proper accounting is key to winning for long-term bettors. Another is hedging.

Hedging your bets ( recommended read) is a betting strategy which involves placing bets on a different outcome to your original bet to secure a guaranteed profit regardless of the result, or reduce your risk on a market.
    Last edited by b0z0; 03-28-19 at 06:34 PM.

Gaze73

Basically a professional bettor has ups and downs, but eventually always wins in the long run. A professional trader wins almost every week. If I was a bookie I wouldn't want traders on my site. Sure, if a long term loser uses the cash out button I wouldn't care. But if it's obvious the guy knows what he's doing I'd flag him as non-recreational.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

BOZO,,

You say you got banned? You say your up 30 G? You posted you got a check from Them in the payout thread?

What is up with the 27, 000 balance?

Real question.

You also have 15 post only?

Thanks

Vyasports

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    BOZO,,

You also have 15 post only?

Thanks
    He is a new user, pimike.

KittiP
    KittiP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Quote Originally Posted by b0z0 View Post
    People like you are the worst.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auh7rkjBg_k5kTeyO--cbY7rjeQu
    F*ck off!!!
    That's quite a lot of action in a small amount of time.

p.s what's all the anger about, you seem to have escalated the situation quite quickly.

KittiP
    KittiP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 307

Also man, why were you holding such a large balance in there. (I know the meaning of large when it comes to money mean different things to different people)

But keeping that sort of money in there is surely asking for trouble isn't it?

Your screenshot shows that you had 25k in the account and that week you had done less than 5k of bets, so going by that, you don't seem to be running done the balance to anywhere close to zero when you have 'fun' playing.
    And you had probably already done any rollover requirements.

It might be worth thinking about holding less money in your accounts for next time.

If people on here think your activity looks like arbing, it doesn't take a genius to see what the bookmakers might think.