qwaszx123
    qwaszx123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Matchbook closed my account.

Had lots of trouble with them charging me 2% withdrawal fee with no notice.

Haven't used them for ages and recently I logged in and asked them on live chat if they still have same fees and they said yes.

Tried to log in the next day and account had been closed!

My account is well in profit so I take it they must be in financial difficulty/doing badly to suddenly start charging 2% withdrawal fees and making the fees non transparent and then close my account with no rhyme or reason.

They are not really an exchange and use bots to copy pinnacle and/or betfair exchange odds.

Anyone else had their matchbook account closed as I'm sure I can't be the only one.

Craig22
    Craig22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

This is really concerning since I currently use them and have only heard good things about them.

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

More details please? Deposit/withdrawal methods you previously used? Fees applied on either? Country of residence?

And I'm not sure what you mean it's not an exchange? I know MB may be using 'market makers' who are contracted to take exposure early for decent amounts (and yes these players would copy pinnacle lines, obviously!) in exchange for paying lower (or no) commission.

But a quick comparison of MB lines for top sports events shows this is where you usually get the best price. How much better do you want it?

Obviously this doesn't account for the possibility of extra taxes like Point of Consumption tax. If you are able to avoid this highway robbery by playing at a -120/-120 bookmaker you'll probably end up with better ROI than with -108/-108 lines, minus the tax. But that's a different story.
    Last edited by Grivas_Digeni; 02-04-16 at 12:11 PM.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20543

I think the fees were introduced some months ago without notification to customers but they are disclosed in their terms and conditions. They are somewhat complex but if you use them regularly and don't make a habit of depositing and then withdrawing regularly I don't think they bite you. Certainly I've never been charged a withdrawal fee and they confirmed to me via email that given my betting and withdrawal behaviour it is quite unlikely that I will.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

The fee is only applied if your account is used in a way that warrants it.

If you have had the fee before I'd guess the reason you did has more to do with your account being closed now than simply asking a question.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

great book

one of best actually non usa

arber1
    arber1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

They are a great book but their withdrawal policy requires you to have a PhD to understand it.

tradeout
    Become A Pro!
    tradeout's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 55354

Withdrew plenty of times. Never been charged withdrawal fees.

Matchbook is an excellent option for wagering.

qwaszx123
    qwaszx123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by arber1 View Post
    They are a great book but their withdrawal policy requires you to have a PhD to understand it.

Don't think that would help either. They make it up as they go along. I was told I had to make £274 of commission for free withdrawal. Bet and made £2.50 of commission. Did not deposit or withdraw or incur matchbook any costs and when I asked for an update on live chat, the figure they said was now £275.xx. It had gone up instead of down! Emailed them to query this several times and received no reply back.

Very dodgy company.

arber1
    arber1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Yes, I've had a similar issue too. Needed to generate £1000 in commission. Generated over £1400 and double checked everything was okay to withdraw and was told I still needed to generate another £550 in commission. They blamed it on their administrative costs.

cincy
    cincy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1224

I have had many withdrawals without ever paying any fees. I do give them a lot of action and they make a lot off my commissions.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20543

Quote Originally Posted by cincy View Post
    I have had many withdrawals without ever paying any fees. I do give them a lot of action and they make a lot off my commissions.
    Same