GAlexei
    GAlexei's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Not quite obvious line error at TheGreek

I placed a wager two weeks ago at TheGreek on Pittsburg - Cincinnatti on alternate total over 41.5 for -160. After 7 hours (1.5 hours before the game) they sent me an e-mail (which I missed, by the way) of the following contents:

Dear Valued Customer,
    Please be advised, your wager made on NFL Alternative Cincinnati Bengals vs Pittsburgh Steelers over for the game was deleted due to a line error.

Please be reminded " The Greek reserves the right to refuse or limit any wager. This may include, but not limited to past-posted plays, obvious line errors or exceeded bet limit amounts".

Your account has been closed, kindly make arrangements to withdraw your funds.

Please feel free to email us support@thegreek.com with any concerns you may have.

Best Regards
    Suttana
    It turned out that the correct line should have been -260. I don't remember their moneyline total value exactly, but it was likely about 47.5 - 48, because they issued moneyline for New England - Baltimor today at 47.5 -110 and alternate line over 41.5 was offered at -255 initially.

However they underprice this offer (over for lower alternate total) too much in my opinion. And for New England - Baltimor TheGreek finally corrected their line on over 41.5 to -230 after some time. At the same time BetOnline initially offered -210/+180 on over/under 41.5 for New England - Baltimor which is even higher than -230.

I showed TheGreek my calculations based on NFL statistics to prove that "fair odds" for that offer were far from -260 (not -160 though, I had to admit that I did value betting), but that "smart move" made things even worse - their manager Scott told me that I knew that I was betting on weak line and I was trying to steal money from his pocket, and therefore my account is closed permanently. He didn't believe my calculations and said that 6 points of total in NFL cannot cost -160 and the line should have been -260.

The funds have been fully refunded to Skrill.

Is it worth a complaint to SBR?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9245

I doubt it is worth a complaint. I have to admit as I was reading I started thinking this guy knows enough about lines to know if he is taking a shot or not, before you said it.

From your side of the story it does sound like there is a bit of an argument that you didn't recognize it was an error but you make it sound like they were pretty adamant it was obvious enough.