snakedrew
    snakedrew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Australian Gambling Off Shore Online

As an Australian gambling with an Australia book (Sportsbet), I understand Australians don't pay tax on any winnings. A real bonus no? Which again, from what I understand you US guys have trouble trying to skirt?

I'm getting more serious and looking for a serious book. Either 5dimes or Pinny and just wondering what the play is when (if haha) winnings get withdrawn, as the book is off shore will I have to claim tax on that? Or because I'm an Australia resident it's all cool? Because Australian books from my experience (Betfair AU & Sportsbet) pay out reasonably quickly and with no trouble at all, but dealing with an offshore book has me sweating a bit. Any insight here would be much appreciated chaps.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20580

Quote Originally Posted by snakedrew View Post
    As an Australian gambling with an Australia book (Sportsbet), I understand Australians don't pay tax on any winnings. A real bonus no? Which again, from what I understand you US guys have trouble trying to skirt?

I'm getting more serious and looking for a serious book. Either 5dimes or Pinny and just wondering what the play is when (if haha) winnings get withdrawn, as the book is off shore will I have to claim tax on that? Or because I'm an Australia resident it's all cool? Because Australian books from my experience (Betfair AU & Sportsbet) pay out reasonably quickly and with no trouble at all, but dealing with an offshore book has me sweating a bit. Any insight here would be much appreciated chaps.
    No problems at all on the tax front if you're Australian unless you're classified as a professional gambler which is extremely unlikely. In any event it's not up to the online bookmakers to get involved. It remains strictly an issue between you and the ATO.

As for payouts, there is no book quicker than Pinnacle if you use Skrill (preferred) or Neteller. A matter of minutes usually.
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 09-18-13 at 03:36 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pinnacle probably tops

Nothing really close other than maybe sbobet of your a soccer guy

snakedrew
    snakedrew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I am a soccer guy, might look into that book there JJ.
    But yeah sounds good, 100% Australian and no professional by any means. Sounds like i'm safe. Cheers fellas

bettingstation
    bettingstation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1201

goodluck snake and happy betting...