Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13875

Draftkings W2-G 2023

Received my 2023 W2-G from them which shows on line 1 a "Reportable Winnings" amount in the MILLIONS on slot machine wagers.

It lists probably 50+ days of slot machine wins which amount to anywhere from $1,200 to $700,000 depending on the day. I seldom play slots. I'm aware that some of their silly games are counted as slots like Rocket, or the cornhole or basketball shooting games, etc. But the issue that I'm having is that they are counting three card poker wins (ALL WINS) from a session as being a W2-G.

This means if I sat in a session and returned $1,200 it's a taxable event and a W2-G is issued.

They don't do this on slots, though. If you play $1 spins and spin 1,500 times and return $1,201 over those 1,500 spins, it's not a W2-G. Your $1 bet would need to return over $1,200 to be a W2-G. They are saying it's correct and this is how they do it for three card poker. I probably wagered $5m+ last year on Blackjack with them and it's not reported like that. Three card poker is a TABLE GAME- why would a W2-G be generated for this game? It makes no sense.

Yes- I know I can use my win/loss statement but that's besides the point. They are reporting three card poker as a slot machine and using a whole session as if it was one spin on a slot machine. I've asked for the issue to be escalated and I would like an amended tax form, but it doesn't seem like they're willing to change the reporting of this game.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90362

That is because of the bonus they offer with this card game