citlec
    citlec's Avatar Become A Pro!

Moneybookers **********

This sounds like a good idea from Moneybookers. You can use it anywhere and its linked to your Moneybookers balance. Only two fees you get charged is for travelers cheques or currency exchange (about 1.8%) and withdrawing out of a ATM which is about 1.75% (max E250 a day). But for everyday shopping and use on the internet great.

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

this sounds pretty good , always wondered why they didn't do this earlier, has been done or are they still working on it

thespeculator

Quote Originally Posted by citlec View Post
    This sounds like a good idea from Moneybookers. You can use it anywhere and its linked to your Moneybookers balance. Only two fees you get charged is for travelers cheques or currency exchange (about 1.8%) and withdrawing out of a ATM which is about 1.75% (max E250 a day). But for everyday shopping and use on the internet great.
    is this for europeans only ,

Trobok
    Trobok's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

This is a very good solution to use moneybookers money, lets wait to request the card.

thespeculator

Quote Originally Posted by Trobok View Post
    This is a very good solution to use moneybookers money, lets wait to request the card.
    i agree it is a good solution ,but there is no mention of it on their website, i thought it might be for europeans only ,but they can have money sent back to their ****, so hopefully it will be for everyone

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

It's VIP accounts only initially. Nice idea, I might get one for my $ account.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

OK, so how do we apply for one?

thespeculator

let's all email them , maybe it will pressure them to make it more accessable for everyone, I know there was a thread a few weeks some canadian customers of moneybookers were saying how their bank won't accept wires from moneybookers, i think canadians would like this option

thespeculator

Quote Originally Posted by HeeeHAWWWW View Post
    It's VIP accounts only initially. Nice idea, I might get one for my $ account.
    you must be right, they sent me an email saying i am not currently eligible, is it difficult to become a VIP

Peep

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    you must be right, they sent me an email saying i am not currently eligible, is it difficult to become a VIP
    I have VIP, I e-mailed them as well, will report back.

thespeculator

Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    I have VIP, I e-mailed them as well, will report back.
    what do you have to do to become VIP, is it a certain amount in your account or number of transactions, or a fee

Peep

I think they wanted 20K Euro transfered in a month for VIP. You can e-mail them and ask them, maybe they have changed.

Toit
    Trust me.
    Toit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6775

I think they wanted 20K Euro transfered in a month for VIP. You can e-mail them and ask them, maybe they have changed.
    I think it's 10k euro's to a game / betting site

citlec

My apologies for not making it clear in my post.

Yes its for VIP customers only and you can have it in the currency which your Moneybookers account is in. You can only apply for it if you are a EU resident aswell.

I found out about it by logging into my account and its the first thing you see telling me about it. However some people would have had it emailed to them, i for one didnt.

Here is some info for you guys

Fees

Paying in shops, restaurants or online FREE
    Bank transfer top-up FREE
    Receiving cash FREE
    Balance enquiry FREE
    Online statement FREE
    PIN re-issue FREE
    Foreign exchange 1.75%
    Cash withdrawal 1.80 EUR
    Annual card membership FREE
    Replacement Card FREE
    Limits per day

Paying in shops, restaurants or online 3000
    EURCash withdrawal 250 EUR

What is the Moneybookers Master Card?

The Moneybookers [**********] is a reloadable prepaid card which is connected to your Moneybookers account. The card accesses the funds on your account and does not require separate loading. It can be used in a similar way to a debit or credit card - for shopping at millions of locations, online or over the phone and for withdrawals at over 1 million cash machines worldwide.

What can I use my card for?

You can use your card for shopping online, in stores, abroad and cash withdrawals at ATMs. In fact, you can use your card anywhere [**********] is accepted. That's over 28.5 million places all over the world.

How can I fund and manage my card?

Your Moneybookers [**********] is directly linked to your account, so the funds on your card are the same as on your account. To fund your account, go to www.moneybookers.com, click on the "upload funds" tab and select credit/debit cards, bank transfer or one of our local payment options to fund your account. All transactions you make with your card will appear in your account history, which you can conveniently check online at anytime around the clock.

Can I use the card abroad?

Yes. It is much easier and more comfortable then having to deal with foreign currencies. Your card is accepted anywhere [**********] is accepted

Applying for and activating your Moneybookers Card

To apply for our Moneybookers Card you must be at least 18 years old and an EU resident. We will require evidence of your identity and your address if we have not already collected this information in relation to your Moneybookers Account. We may ask you to provide documentary evidence to prove your identity and your address and we may carry out checks electronically by verifying your details with credit reference agencies or other ID verification service providers. Checks with credit reference agencies will be undertaken for verification purposes only, not for obtaining a credit scoring.
    If your Moneybookers Account is denominated in EUR, USD, GBP or PLN, your card will automatically be issued in the same currency. If your Moneybookers Account is denominated in any other currency, you will be asked to choose one of the aforementioned currencies for your Card.

UV82
    UV82's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can we use this card to fund bookmaker who do not have moneybookers banking facility? the reason why I am asking this is because Neteller's NET+ cannot be used to fund bookies.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by UV82 View Post
    Can we use this card to fund bookmaker who do not have moneybookers banking facility?
    Should be able to. Only reason why not is if some ********** intermediary they're using blocks gambling transactions.

citlec

Im with heeeHAWWWW on this, its a pay as you go ********** where you can only use the funds in your Moneybookers account. If you have no money in your account you cant use it and as far as i know it makes no difference where you use it. I dont think ive seen it in their terms and conditions either. Its a ********** and its accepted where you see the ********** sign it has nothing to do with the company it comes from.

Ive seen a few companys now introducing these type of ************ where you load it up with funds and then spend it instead of using credit from a company and paying interest. o2 is a company which has started doing this type of deal.

Peep

So Moneybookers never answered me (no surprise there, they do seem selective on which of my e-mails they chose to address) but if it is for EU residents only that leaves me out anyways.

thespeculator

So Moneybookers never answered me (no surprise there, they do seem selective on which of my e-mails they chose to address) but if it is for EU residents only that leaves me out anyways.
    that is pretty dumb, EU residents don't even need it , they have payback to **** option, bunch of idiots

Peep

Did finally get a reply.

thank you for your email.

Please be kindly informed that the Moneybookers ********** is only for European citizenships.We are working to find an international agreement for non EU clients.

I hope to contact you in the future with good news about the card.

Thank you again for your email.

Best regards
    Cristina Battaglia
    VIP Account Manager

citlec

Looks like they may be extending it past the EU in the future.

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    that is pretty dumb, EU residents don't even need it , they have payback to **** option, bunch of idiots
    Envy ?

thespeculator

i will take canada , before any EU country, envy , i should ask you that!!

the_fredrik
    the_fredrik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I have tried: It is not possible to use this ********** to deposit money into other bookmakers. I asked them and they said "no gaming merchants".