Blazer12
    Blazer12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Bovada and W U ????

So I have been off from gambling for a couple months and decided to put some money back into my Bovada account. I have been a long time customer and have used W U..... deposit method several times over the past year and have never had a real problem. Sure there has been a few issues where the person at the store sent it in peso's but that can be easily fixed. Anyways I went to the store to deposit some money and went through with the rig a ma row. Called back with the control number and gave it to Bovada. I was then told that funds should appear in my account with in 15- 20 min which is standard. I waited for the funds to be in the account for 45 min and it still was not in my account.
    I then proceeded to call Bovada and they told me that the deposit did not go through for some reason and that there was no specified reason why it did not go through. I was then prompted by their customer service to call ** and find out why it has not gone through. I stated to the W U staff that the person I was sending it to for some reason cannot pull out the funds and receive the transfer. I never mentioned online gaming and made sure to pick my words wisely. I then was told by the W U that the receiver's name was similar to a name that was not allowed to receive money at this time unless she was to present her ID card to verify that it was her. I then called Bovada back and told them what I had found out from them and asking them if they could give me a different name to use. They then stated to me that they had reviewed my transaction and talked to the manager and that they had determined that the transfer was not sent in my full name but rather sent as just my initials. I was then prompted by the Bovada customer service to call W U and to have the senders name fixed to my full name
    I thought that this would be the fix and I called W U and told them that the receiver was told by W U that she could not get the transfer because she did not have the full senders name and that I wanted to have the senders name fixed to my full name. I was reassured by W U that the all of the information was posted correctly and that the only problem was on the receivers end. I then call back Bovada and tell them what I had been experiencing and that I wanted to talk to a customer service manager. I waited for nearly 30 min and then magically my phone call was dropped. I called back again and waited to talk to a manager again and waited to talk to them.
    Here comes the greatest thing of all. Bovada then informed me that there was nothing that they could do and that my only option was to cancel the transfer and get my money back and that I would no longer be able to use W U or any other form of depositing except for CC. The manager stated to me that there was problems sending the money and that they did not know why the transaction failed and that that is all the information that they knew. I told them that I have been told what is going on and know exactly why it is not working and that they needed to verify ID to accept the funds. They stated to me again that they did not know why it did not work but that I cannot deposit funds anymore using W U. This seems so ridiculous to me to see them treat there customers like this. I have never had a problem posting funds and all of a sudden since they gave me a bad name and that it did not work, then they ban me from using there depositing options. I was told by W U that my end of the transfer was just fine and that it had nothing to do with me and that is why I do not understand this course of action by Bovada. I then asked if W U would be available in the future and they could not give me an answer and just danced around the question for the next 15 min pretty much saying that they did not know and would have to reevaluate it later. Of course they want me to use a CC....... it is 4.9% fee and then a 3.5% fee from my card to use international charges.
    Has anyone experienced this???????? Can someone help me out????? Is there anything that I can do????? Will I ever be able to use W U ever again?????? This is so crazy

Bovada Service
    bovada
    Bovada Service's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11289

Bovada Customer Service

Hey Blazer12,

We're very sorry to hear about your experience. We kindly ask that you PM us your account number or email address and we'll be sure to have someone from our Player Advocacy Team contact you today.

Best regards,

Bovada Service

Blazer12
    Blazer12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I hope this can be resolved. It makes it pretty hard to put money on now and also with having to pay 10% it makes me want to try and change books if something is not changed. Kind of sad because I really really enjoyed bovada and I thought they have always treated me right.