Antibet
    Antibet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Negative balance on Pinnacle

I withdrew all my money from pinnacle some time ago, but apparently one of my bets was changed from "push" to "loss" and now my balance is negative (- $500). It was "Number of Corners" Soccer bet - hard to check now which outcome is correct.

What would you do?

1. Deposit $500 to Pinnacle and quit gambling
    2. Deposit more than $500 and start gambling
    3. Don't make any deposits and quit gambling
    4. Contact Pinnacle and tell them to make may balance $0, otherwise they are losing me as a customer.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

4 might not be too smart because maybe they make your balance $0 then you deposit and they swipe it.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

How long ago was this?

I just wouldn't deposit there and take business...Exactly what destroyer said, it's possible they do that, but also very unlikely as it would get them alot of negative attention, especially if you document the conversation asking them to make your account 0 and they say yes, then you do deposit and they just take that money.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    4 might not be too smart because maybe they make your balance $0 then you deposit and they swipe it.
    ask them by email, then forward it to Dozer if they try to pull that

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

ask them for proof for the numbers of corners and accept your loss if it is correct. if you do some research you might be able to find the number of corners by yourself on the internet.

Antibet

It was couple of months ago. I already checked that number of corners: UEFA.com says 10, which is "push" and Flashscore.com says 9, which is "loss".

I know I won't quit Pinnacle. Let me send them email and see how it goes.
    Thanks guys.

exstatman
    exstatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

Pretty simple, check the rules to see what source they use to grade. Pretty sure Flashscore won't be among them in most cases.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Corners either happened or they didn't, it's not like they could rule it a fumble or incomplete pass sorta deal. Not sure how different sites have different numbers. Someone's gotta find footage and watch the game.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

If you have to ask, then you wont do the right thing

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Accept the loss if it really is a loss.

Antibet

Yes, I just got confirmation from Pinnacle that this is a loss. They are not wiling to cancel it either:

Dear Sir,

Graded wagers cannot be cancelled.

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

For the sake of your own life and health, I'd have to go with:

3. Don't make any deposits and quit gambling

playersonly69

Quote Originally Posted by Antibet View Post
    Yes, I just got confirmation from Pinnacle that this is a loss. They are not wiling to cancel it either:

Dear Sir,

Why in the HELL would they cancel the bet???? You cant actually expect them to agree to cncel the bet can you???

Antibet

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Why in the HELL would they cancel the bet???? You cant actually expect them to agree to cncel the bet can you???
    Well, I tried: it was their mistake, at the and of the day.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by Antibet View Post

Dear Sir,

Then ask them what they want you to do...

Tell them you'd like to still play there...
    Email them the link to the stat that shows a push on the UEFA website. Explain to them that you cashed out and they changed the bet to a loss at a later date unbeknownst to you. You recently got back on and noticed the -500 balance and was shocked.

They can't expect you to pay 500 bucks when they graded something wrong initially and paid you out. They'll either come to an understanding with you or tell you to pay the 500 in which case you make the decision to pay and stay there or say screw it there are other books to play at. I personally would not pay the 500, since you have a site that shows it as a push (how they originally graded it) and that the bet was graded correctly, and they said they can't cancel the bet now, but had no problem doing it before and changing it to a loss.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

I would also make sure SBR Brass doesn't see this as some other guy took an extra payout came on here and wrote about it and didn't pay it back. He was banned.

SBR could think that you knowingly knew they graded it wrong and quickly cashed out, and now you're coming on here asking for suggestions to get back in.

SBR will likely say you scammed the book and coming on here to brag about it and since Pinnacle is a sponsor of this website, they'll ban you and sell all your personal info to heritage.

Antibet

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Then ask them what they want you to do...
    Here is there response:

UEFA.com has a corner in 90th minute incorrectly counted twice.

We remind you that all accounts at Pinnacle Sports must maintain a positive balance at all times.

I bet fairly large and they know that I'll be back anyways. I guess I have no choice but pay this $500

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

i would pay $5000 to be able to still play at pinny.

sad day when they pulled out thanks to the damn sneaky republicons.

playersonly69

Well you owe the $500, it is cut and dry!

Either NEVER play at pinnacle again or man up and pay what you owe. It doesnt matter AT ALL that they made a mistake in grading. I would guess that you knew all along that they had made a mistake.

Wouldnt it be coincidental if you took a payout the day after they made a mistake??

You owe the money, pay the man

Antibet

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    SBR will likely say you scammed the book and coming on here to brag about it and since Pinnacle is a sponsor of this website, they'll ban you and sell all your personal info to heritage.
    Right, I came here to brag about scamming Pinnacle for $500.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

What was the timeline of the actions, ie, how long was there between the initial settlement, your withdrawal, and then the resettlement ?

It doesnt help that there are conflicting stats on the number of corners depending on what site you are on - when and what game was it, I have a few sites I check for footie stats so will see what I can find if you like and see if there is some sort of consensus.

benandjerry
    benandjerry's Avatar Become A Pro!

So, do you know UEFA counted one corner twice or are you just taking their word for it? Surely there has to be some more proof for which is actually correct? It cant just be UEFA vs flashscore, what is the general consensus etc.

If you know its most likely right, then just pay ofc..

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

This is their fault for incorrectly grading it. Had they graded it correctly to begin with you would not have gambled that money.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

I think I would try and see if a middle ground might be met -- perhaps you pay $250, and they eat $250 to zero out your account. That would be good faith on both sides.

Antibet

Quote Originally Posted by benandjerry View Post
    So, do you know UEFA counted one corner twice or are you just taking their word for it? Surely there has to be some more proof for which is actually correct? It cant just be UEFA vs flashscore, what is the general consensus etc.

If you know its most likely right, then just pay ofc..
    Yes, they are most likely right: I just checked other sources and they all have it 9.
    I'll just pay, and that's it.

Antibet

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    I think I would try and see if a middle ground might be met -- perhaps you pay $250, and they eat $250 to zero out your account. That would be good faith on both sides.
    That's ok, not really worth the hassle.

Case closed, thanks guys.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    What was the timeline of the actions, ie, how long was there between the initial settlement, your withdrawal, and then the resettlement ?

It doesnt help that there are conflicting stats on the number of corners depending on what site you are on - when and what game was it, I have a few sites I check for footie stats so will see what I can find if you like and see if there is some sort of consensus.

Great question...I'm assuming it was all bunched together very closely. The book wouldn't of came back a week later and graded something differently. That is why the guy is paying the 500.

Best of Luck antibet, hopefully you get it all figured out and settled.

uncynd
    America Jr
    uncynd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

LOL, damn that does kinda suck, at least you get to hold their money till you decide to re-up lol.

I see you baby, raking that intrest

kidk
    kidk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Pinnacle take your money out now if you can ...

Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown and New York City police commissioner Ray Kelly announced the indictment of 25 people Thursday following an 18-month investigation into illegal sports betting that spanned five states and allegedly yielded payouts of more than $50 million on horse racing, pro and college football, basketball, hockey and baseball.
    "Illegal gambling is not a victimless crime," Brown said at a morning news conference. "Such unlawfully earned profits are often diverted into more insidious criminal enterprises."
    A little more than 24 hours earlier, Nevada Gaming Control Board agents, who had been assisting New York investigators in the case since July 2011, arrested eight people in Las Vegas on charges of conspiracy, money laundering and enterprise corruption. Among those taken into custody was Mike Colbert, a prominent Las Vegas sports book director for Cantor Gaming.
    The Las Vegas arrests initially were reported Wednesday by the Las Vegas Review-Journal on its website. The news caused a ripple effect throughout the insular, yet highly liquid, world of sports betting. While only $2 billion to $3 billion is wagered on sports each year in Nevada, the only state in which betting on individual sporting events is legal, it is estimated that another $500 billion is wagered worldwide by Americans, either with illegal bookmakers or via Internet betting sites.
    The owners of Curacao-based Pinnaclesports.com, one of the most prominent sports betting websites, were named in the indictment.

rdegk15
    GO PACK GO
    rdegk15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Good that you are gonna pay the $500. Before you flat out just pay it, try to strike a deal mtneer just said..

uncynd
    America Jr
    uncynd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Quote Originally Posted by kidk View Post
    Pinnacle take your money out now if you can ...

Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown and New York City police commissioner Ray Kelly announced the indictment of 25 people Thursday following an 18-month investigation into illegal sports betting that spanned five states and allegedly yielded payouts of more than $50 million on horse racing, pro and college football, basketball, hockey and baseball.
    "Illegal gambling is not a victimless crime," Brown said at a morning news conference. "Such unlawfully earned profits are often diverted into more insidious criminal enterprises."
    A little more than 24 hours earlier, Nevada Gaming Control Board agents, who had been assisting New York investigators in the case since July 2011, arrested eight people in Las Vegas on charges of conspiracy, money laundering and enterprise corruption. Among those taken into custody was Mike Colbert, a prominent Las Vegas sports book director for Cantor Gaming.
    The Las Vegas arrests initially were reported Wednesday by the Las Vegas Review-Journal on its website. The news caused a ripple effect throughout the insular, yet highly liquid, world of sports betting. While only $2 billion to $3 billion is wagered on sports each year in Nevada, the only state in which betting on individual sporting events is legal, it is estimated that another $500 billion is wagered worldwide by Americans, either with illegal bookmakers or via Internet betting sites.
    The owners of Curacao-based Pinnaclesports.com, one of the most prominent sports betting websites, were named in the indictment.

You don't understand who is really at risk or what was done if you think pinny is in trouble. Just read more about it is the best thing you can do.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    i would pay $5000 to be able to still play at pinny.

sad day when they pulled out thanks to the damn sneaky republicons.
    Send me $5,000 and I'll get you a Pinnacle account. Many Americans have them you fool.

Nietzsche
    Nietzsche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

What was the match?

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

Send me $5,000 and I'll get you a Pinnacle account. Many Americans have them you fool.
    You can send to me too . I have an account ,but never used it

pokeraddict2012
    pokeraddict2012's Avatar Become A Pro!

there no other bookies out there like pinny with reduced juice and best prices, so over lifetime its the best bookie by far. number 4 seems like the only choice but if they refuse then pay it up and carry on gambling

12 Last