Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Seattle punts... SF drops accidentally touches it fumbles it whatever... Seattle runs it in for TD... Gets an onside kick... Now only needs a field goal to win. Stranger shit has happened. You're lucky to have even have a glimmer of hope with that safety anyway if you were on SF so this bitching is ridiculous. There was absolutely no point for SF to take those 2 points when the game was over.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Stumpage

over5.5
    over5.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 206

its the right call. 99.9% chance of winning vs 100%. just a great reminder to think twice about playing the nfl spread.

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

It all depends which side you bet on guys let's be real if you had the hawks it's the right call otherwise its a fishy call To me all professional sports has a conspirousy of fixing but again there's always a winner to surface. so bet with your head accordingly. Finally I don't believe in buying pts,you either shit or get off the pot.

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3401

Also think about the coach's perspective. Harbaugh would have lost some trust from his players if he had needlessly put them at risk. Harbaugh definitely made the best decision - in fact it was ingenious in comparison to all of us who had the first instinct of taking the safety. It's not that uncommon for special teams to turn the ball over or for someone to get hurt - things that could have resulted on the punt after the safety.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    coaches can care less about spreads

they want to win games period

this is so overblown
    JJ I disagree... did anyone look at Harbaugh's initial reaction when the safety was called??? You can tell he didn't want that to happen. Someone TIVO it... or whatever you have to do... Because I sensed the same thing... Vegas is going to be pissed. The coaches know everything.

cthurman79
    cthurman79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

All these "rigged" and "conspiracy" talks are ridiculous. Did Harbaugh rig it so that there would be holding in the end zone on 4th and forever? If this happened on 3rd down he would have accepted it. If they made the first down he would have accepted it. But I guess Harbaugh knew that the receiver would come up less than a yard short of the first down too while he was planning on how to rig the game.

The line went up from 7 up to 8.5/9 at some places. Public was pounding San Fran, people should have faded the public, or done what I did and that's put San Fran in a few two team 6 point teasers. The best spot to do six point teasers is when a team is favored in the 6.5-8.5 range.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A TURNOVER ON A VICTORY FORMATION IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL

there have been plenty of times that a team recovered 2 onside kicks and scored quickly

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

This is correct many think the Joe Pisarcik Herm Edwards Miracle at the Meadowlands was a botched kneel down, but it was actually a situation where they could have kneeled down and ended the game but they decided to hand the ball off instead and fumbled.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16714

I had a teaser with the niners and the under, so either way I won. Harbaugh made the right decision, he doesn't care about the gamblers.

richsox24
    richsox24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anybody who thinks that was the wrong decision is a moron. How many times have we seen an analyst say a running back should have gone down at the 1 yard line with a minute to go rather than go in for the touchdown?

First 12