HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17129

BetIslands Corrects Bonus Error

I made a $950 deposit with BI based on the promise of a 20% cash and 20% free play bonus. I ended up getting stiffed after the fact because of recent withdrawals I made. If I wasn't eligible, all they had to do was say so in the first place.

Chat Transcript
    info: Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    info: You are now chatting with 'David'
    David: Hello, how may I assist you today?
    augie: I was thinking of re-upping
    David: ** or **?
    augie: What is the max that can be sent by either
    David: $950 **
    augie: Is there a bonus for re-ups
    David: sure
    David: ho much were you planing to send?
    augie: I could send $950 by **
    David: Deposit $100 to $1499 and get a 20% cash + 20% freeplay bonus 10 x rollover
    David: Deposit $1500 to $3999 and get a 25% cash + 25% freeplay 11 x rollover
    David: Deposit $4000 + and get a 30% cash + 30% freeplay 13 x rollover
    David: .ACCOUNT RELOAD SPECIALS
    David: 50 % freeplay 8 x rollover
    David: 20% cash bonus 5 x rollover
    David: -108 JUICE on side and total for Football, and free half points Wednesday through Friday from 2pm EST until 10pm EST
    David: FREE HALF POINTS + CASH BONUSES + FREE PLAY = THE BEST DEAL
    augie: OK. So 20% cash, 20% FP
    augie: plus 108 lines and free 1/2 pt?
    David: correct sir
    augie: Great. I'll need the ** info please.
    David: one moment please
    augie: sure
    David: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    David:
    David: San Jose, Costa Rica
    David: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    augie: No that should do it. I'll be back with the # later.
    David: thank you!
    info: Your chat transcript will be sent to xxxxxxxxx at the end of your chat.
    augie: TY!
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 09-29-12 at 06:05 AM. Reason: removed ** name

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

Is David your account rep? I always get emails with great bonuses and I always reply asking if I am eligible and they say no. Makes me laugh.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    Is David your account rep? I always get emails with great bonuses and I always reply asking if I am eligible and they say no. Makes me laugh.
    Typically I just talk to whoever answers live chat. BTW, this was my very recent chat with the same rep:

augie: I'm trying to get the bonus I was promised today.
    David: sir The bonus was not applied because part of the company policies say that after a recent payout bonuses cannot be applied
    David: you actually cashed out for $5000 so you are not eligible for any bonus at the moment
    augie: Hey you were the one that promised me the 20/20 bonus today.
    augie: That's why I sent the **. Is Jon there?
    David: we can either send the money back or take the depisit no bonus sir, the sistem wont allow the bonus being added
    augie: Is Jon there?
    David: no sir he isnt
    augie: Why didn't you tell me I wasn't eligible for the bonus?
    David: Sir it was an error, we did not notice there was a recent payout, it high season and we have a lot of call, youre still getting reduced juice and free half points
    augie: You should honor the offer YOU gave me.
    info: Your chat transcript will be sent to xxxxxxxxxx at the end of your chat.
    David: like I said in this case we cannot add the bonus so We can give you a free payout for the amount or you can keep the money in the account with no bonus
    augie: There is no manager there can fix YOUR mistake?
    David: No sir, thats the answer I got from the manager
    augie: I'll contact Jon at the SBR forum. I doubt he'll like the negative feedback on this transaction.
    augie: ty
    augie: You can do your job better in the future, like checking to see if people are eligible for bonuses before you have them send in funds.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

i always ask if i am eligible when i get the deposit info

why did you not ask?

just curious

BigDaddy

to be fair

i don't see where he promised you anything?

did you provide him your account #

again im just saying....

you are smart HH

and i think you know that.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    i always ask if i am eligible when i get the deposit info

why did you not ask?

just curious
    I didn't know it was an issue. Jon posted the bonus info here a few weeks ago and said all were eligible--even those that were up overall. I had already withdrawn at that point.

BigDaddy

i missed that post

one good thing about it is Jon will make it right

so to be honest i don't see the need for the thread

email Jon

HedgeHog

to be fair

i don't see where he promised you anything?

did you provide him your account #

again im just saying....

you are smart HH

and i think you know that.
    Account # is requested at time of chat. And I do think the offer was made and accepted:

HedgeHog

i missed that post

one good thing about it is Jon will make it right

so to be honest i don't see the need for the thread

email Jon
    I was hoping to get his attention so I could bet tonight (didn't want to revoke the bonus by betting like Beantown Jim did). Apparently Jon is the only one that can resolve CS disputes. No worries, I'm sure he'll be fair.

HedgeHog

Bonus was just applied. Thank you!

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

So they promise a bonus not checking your account to see you're up 5K and you bust out the chat reps for not pointing that well known policy among BI players ans SBR readers! Look's as if this post is intended to get the attention of BI on here and offer you the bous anyway against policy of the misunderstanding.that chat didn't inform you ofpolicy before hand.

U think it's funnyy from a guy with such a wachful l eye on betonline and all thier shady behavior and yet youu are unaware of betislands policy where you deposit ans are up 5K. This has been stated many times on SBR, time for you to put on your reading glasses.

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good to know the SBR forum can be used to bend the rules at betislands. I hope everyone of theor customers pulls this on them as that is a what they deserve for this. Fn'd chat rep probably got his ass chewed out for this but mission accomplished for hedgehog on on SBR.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by Hankwins View Post
    Good to know the SBR forum can be used to bend the rules at betislands. I hope everyone of theor customers pulls this on them as that is a what they deserve for this. Fn'd chat rep probably got his ass chewed out for this but mission accomplished for hedgehog on on SBR.
    Unfortunately no one else would handle the problem, so I brought it to his attention here. I don't apologize for insisting on what I was promised.

PS Jon's recent offer on this forum was also extended to people who were net winners, that's why I thought I was eligible.
    Last edited by HedgeHog; 09-28-12 at 07:01 PM. Reason: PS

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Bonus was just applied. Thank you!
    Where is the offer that he posted? I'm curious. Never heard of a bonus for everyone regardless of if they are up. That will just lead to people taking out $5000 or whatever amount so they can put it right back in.

Most books would just send it back and a good book would cover the fees if they feel you were misled by promo. You can't really get stiffed on a bonus if you are getting your money back and not betting it.

Nice of BI to hook you up IMO.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Where is the offer that he posted? I'm curious. Never heard of a bonus for everyone regardless of if they are up. That will just lead to people taking out $5000 or whatever amount so they can put it right back in.

Most books would just send it back and a good book would cover the fees if they feel you were misled by promo. You can't really get stiffed on a bonus if you are getting your money back and not betting it.

Nice of BI to hook you up IMO.
    It was posted just prior to the start of this season and I had already withdrawn. He was questioned on this very point and confirmed all were eligible. He can confirm it or I'll dig it up. I agree 100% it was nice of Jon to quickly resolve the matter. Also feel free to change the title of my thread to: BetIslands Resolves Bonus Dispute. Thanks, Bill.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

So you never called or emailed him? Bitch move by a forum long timer.

DudleyDawson
    DudleyDawson's Avatar Become A Pro!

They just screwed me too...deposited $250 told up front:

50 % freeplay 8 x rollover

now it's this:

David: Sir I took the information and verified with you that no bonus would be applied to the account because you hacer 3 payouts in this month alone

anything to get the money coming in, penetrate that. There was no verifying shit. I was told I'd score a bonus. They did cover the $27 in fees though. Mickey Mouse bullshit.

HedgeHog

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    So you never called or emailed him? Bitch move by a forum long timer.
    We'll agree to disagree. CS rep and manager refused to honor the offer they made and said only Jon could resolve it--that's why I posted here and it's a lot faster than waiting for an email or PM to get returned (from past experience). I think I handled it in a civil manner, despite being agitated by a CS rep determined to reneg on the offer he extended. I consider the matter closed, but you feel free to continue to bash. It might even earn you a free play.

DudleyDawson

fixed
    Last edited by DudleyDawson; 09-29-12 at 10:50 AM.

DudleyDawson

fixed
    Last edited by DudleyDawson; 09-29-12 at 10:50 AM.

DudleyDawson

fixed
    Last edited by DudleyDawson; 09-29-12 at 10:51 AM.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by DudleyDawson View Post
    rob has Betislands rooster in his mouth in every post....I was told I needed to contact Ryan in the morning to get them to honer what they offered...penetrating circus.
    Fuggley, you cashed out over 50k from BI, right? F'in clown.

DudleyDawson

Fuggley, you cashed out over 50k from BI, right? F'in clown.
    At least 80 of your last 100 posts are sucking BI off...you're the f'nn clown, wouldn't you say?

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11522

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    I made a $950 deposit with BI based on the promise of a 20% cash and 20% free play bonus. I ended up getting stiffed after the fact because of recent withdrawals I made. If I wasn't eligible, all they had to do was say so in the first place.

Chat Transcript
    augie: I was thinking of re-upping
    David: ** or **?
    augie: What is the max that can be sent by either
    David: $950 **
    augie: Is there a bonus for re-ups
    David: sure
    David: ho much were you planing to send?
    augie: I could send $950 by **
    David: Deposit $100 to $1499 and get a 20% cash + 20% freeplay bonus 10 x rollover
    David: Deposit $1500 to $3999 and get a 25% cash + 25% freeplay 11 x rollover
    David: Deposit $4000 + and get a 30% cash + 30% freeplay 13 x rollover
    David: .ACCOUNT RELOAD SPECIALS
    David: 50 % freeplay 8 x rollover
    David: 20% cash bonus 5 x rollover
    David: -108 JUICE on side and total for Football, and free half points Wednesday through Friday from 2pm EST until 10pm EST
    augie: Great. I'll need the ** info please.
    David: one moment please
    augie: sure
    David: ANDREA CRUZ ABARCA
    David:
    David: San Jose, Costa Rica
    augie: No that should do it. I'll be back with the # later.
    David: thank you!
    info: Your chat transcript will be sent to xxxxxxxxx at the end of your chat.
    augie: TY!

You should really take out that W.U. name.
    Last edited by Al Masters; 09-28-12 at 09:24 PM.

robmpink
    Update your status

At least 80 of your last 100 posts are sucking BI off...you're the f'nn clown, wouldn't you say?
    Nah, bi polar fella. Many of your posts blow them. Then many of your other posts are potty face concerning BI. Take your meds, big weiner.

DudleyDawson

Nah, bi polar fella. Many of your posts blow them. Then many of your other posts are potty face concerning BI. Take your meds, big weiner.
    Not sure what you're nahhhhhhhing too....approx 80% of your posts are sucking off BI-proof is in the posts...doesn't take a genius to figure out what you're up to.

robmpink
    Update your status

Not sure what you're nahhhhhhhing too....approx 80% of your posts are sucking off BI-proof is in the posts...doesn't take a genius to figure out what you're up to.
    What am I up to? Giving credit when credit is due? Lol, I must be in the minority who think they are a top notch book run by a top notch GM.

cloverfield
    cloverfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4727

IMHO SBR is being used more and more to strong arm books for "deals" or "favors" and the excuse is always "they wont like the negative feedback".

sorry state of affairs IMHO. but what can you do when the book gives in time and time again. certain people notice this and take advantage of it.

"I just withdrew $5000, now I want to deposit $950 back...oh you mean I don't get a deposit on that"

Can someone link to the post where Jon said EVERYONE is eligible, specifically even if you are up/and or took a recent withdrawal?

If Jon offered the deal directly, why not email or PM Jon to take advantage of the offer? I wonder if it's because you knew he'd probably say no due to a recent withdrawal and instead asked a "CS Rep"....

DudleyDawson

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfield View Post
    IMHO SBR is being used more and more to strong arm books for "deals" or "favors" and the excuse is always "they wont like the negative feedback".

sorry state of affairs IMHO. but what can you do when the book gives in time and time again. certain people notice this and take advantage of it.

"I just withdrew $5000, now I want to deposit $950 back...oh you mean I don't get a deposit on that"

Can someone link to the post where Jon said EVERYONE is eligible, specifically even if you are up/and or took a recent withdrawal?

If Jon offered the deal directly, why not email or PM Jon to take advantage of the offer? I wonder if it's because you knew he'd probably say no due to a recent withdrawal and instead asked a "CS Rep"....
    shit works both ways.

Okiejoe
    He's 6-5, with afro 6-9...
    Okiejoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Funny how you mention "honor" in a sentence when your full of shit. So they paid for your fees coming in on the intial deposit. Covered your fees on the 5k check, paid for your fees on the $950 you just came in with. When you could have just left a $1000 in but you purposely took the whole amount out so you can get a bonus on the $1000 coming in, when you just had a recent payout. If I were running the book I would have told you to go get ******. Betislands went way above and beyond what they should have done. HEDGE HOG IS A SCAMMER.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Poor bonus whores, nobody with a sense for fair biz would ask for one after cashing out recently..
    what's wrong with you people.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10611

Not a big fan of BI but this is BS.Jon should have sent you back the $950 and paid the fees for his clerks error and shown you the door.Can't believe you made a thread about this HH and exsposed yourself.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jrod124

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Agreed, show a link to the thread where Jon said everyone is eligible for the bonus. Makes zero sense and shame on you for accept and making a thread about it when didn't get it right away.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Jon did say everyone was eligible for the bonus before the season started. I'm sure he did not mean that offer was on the table all season.
    He probably just wanted to get everyone in before football kicked off.

It seems that you tried to dupe the customer service rep into telling you that you can have a bonus on your first conversation with them even though you knew that you shouldn't get one. This is why you emailed yourself a copy of the transcript so you could try to hold a gun to their heads once they discovered that you weren't eligible for one.

They obviously weren't trying to trick you into depositing or they wouldn't have offered to send the money back to you and cover the fees.

Yes, they made a minor mistake. It has happened to me before and I've gotten upset too. But if I had a cash out of 5k recently I wouldn't have come on here and made a big stink about it.

You should be more than happy to put your money in BI without the bonus because with the free payouts, free half points, and the 108 juice, they are still better than any other book at the moment.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I went back and looked at that old thread and Jon said it would good for the next few weeks and that was on 9/28. So it seems the few weeks would be over with since it was a month ago. Also, they have changed the bonuses, not the same ones as the priginal offer in which he said everyone is eligible for.

Gotta side with Bet Islands on this one.

12 Last