FNC
    FNC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

Bodog offering worse line over the phone for big bets!

Hi,

Bodog generally has a max of $500 on any sports bet but I have always called to bet more and permission has always been given.

Today I called to bet $800 on St Bonaventure/Xavier > 137.

I was told that I could bet $500 on over 137 but the remaining $300 would be at > 138. The line online was >137 not 138.

I found it ridiculous that they wanted me to put some $ on a higher line than was on the site.

Does this happen at other sites????

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Yes, this is entirely standard elsewhere. Not in that it happens all the time, but standard in that when requesting to bet over the limit they'll often offer the option only at higher higher price or moved line. True live where legal, locals and offshore and has been for about ever.

top310
    top310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2518

Well i called today to place an over the limit wager over the phone. And apparently they dont offer over the phone
    wagering anymore. Asked how do i bet over the limit then and was told you cant anymore.

Anyone got any more info on this? and why ?

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Bodog are a losers only book so if they think you're a winner that could be it.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

The real reason is that they closed down their wagering center -- see all the fallout of the Calvin Ayre indictment.