aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

To Betfair Users..

For every horse race there is always a wager for 1.01 & 1.02 % risk on every horse to win.
    Other bets for a horse at 1:1 odds for 50-1 risk.

Do you actually think that these bets are booked enough for these people to make it worth their effort posting these bets?

Should I hire a kid to do this too?
    After all of these years you would think they would tired of doing this work?

Curious????

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

all you need Son

http://marketfeeder.co.uk/

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

It is just a bot doing it. Not something you would be proud to tell anyone you did it though.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels

Yeah, I though that just after I posted. The program still cost $149. Still wonder if they get lucky and hit % per day?

chance

We have all made mistakes entering bets so they probably pick up a little loose change here and there.

chance

I was at a Betfair function prior to a cricket match about 18 months ago and another horse punter asked one of the Betfair managers about this. So the bot has obviously been doing it's thing for a while now.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post
    Yeah, I though that just after I posted. The program still cost $149. Still wonder if they get lucky and hit % per day?
    If they didn't make money they wouldn't do it. Simple as that.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels

Only two people do it for most races as the prebet amounts are always the same.
    One guy for 1.01 and One guy for 1.02
    Maybe I should get in there for 1.03

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Not related to the op, but, milos raonic is offering 1.36 at betfair, if i request 1.40 what are the chances it gets matched? i've only had one bet matched and that was .02 difference.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    Not related to the op, but, milos raonic is offering 1.36 at betfair, if i request 1.40 what are the chances it gets matched? i've only had one bet matched and that was .02 difference.
    almost guaranteed

brettels

OK then, on an average, how much can you UP the odds and get them matched! what if i requested .10 more than whats auto accepted at the time?

Hareeba!

OK then, on an average, how much can you UP the odds and get them matched! what if i requested .10 more than whats auto accepted at the time?
    every event is different
    10c from 1.30 to 1.40 is huge expectation
    10c from 5.50 to 5.60 is nothing

and always check what's on offer elsewhere as a guide to what's likely .. you may have left this one a bit late but more often than not if you're not too greedy you'll get more than the books are betting by placing bids earlier

brettels

Aren't you a trader? jump in and accept my odds request!

Hareeba!

Aren't you a trader? jump in and accept my odds request!
    For all your stalking of my posts you really have little understanding of me do you? One would have thought you'd have realised by now that I'm not a trader, arber, scalper or bonus whore.

brettels

Thats funny coming from you!

goty0405
    goty0405's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've written many Betfair bots in my time and I can tell you that you will need to come up with your own angle if you want to be successful. Copying someone else is a recipe for disaster.

Those ones you see at 1.01, if you offer 1.02 the bot will just move up to 1.03 and so on until it reaches it's predetermined limit...but what happens if you forgot to set a limit and you end up getting matched at 1.50 for a horse that is only worth 1.30? Then you're in trouble and will lose money in the long run.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

It is not just horse racing. You see these 1.01 and 1.02 offers in just about every market.

I suspect they do catch a few and logically there would be more in in-play betting. The 'one-click' options on some third party platforms can be quite dangerous if you 'click' just as the 1.01/1.02 offer comes to the front of the queue.

Ideally these 'malicious' offers should be against the rules but actually coming up with a workable rule would be very difficult.

To be honest, a lot of malicious offers are a lot more subtle (and I suspect more effective) than that. For a two-way market that is still in the early stages of forming it is very common to see an offer to back the underdog at around the fair price for the favourite and an offer to lay the favourite at around the fair price for the underdog.

Even after 12 years, it is still a jungle and you have to be careful.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Most horse races on Betfair do go "live in play" and at some point one of the horses is a fair price .. even @ 1.01 .. the first person to have offered 1.01 is the first person to get matched at that price ...

.. and they do sometime also lose after matching @ 1.01 .... http://www.gubbage.com/

sharlataans
    sharlataans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2614

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    For all your stalking of my posts you really have little understanding of me do you? One would have thought you'd have realised by now that I'm not a trader, arber, scalper or bonus whore.
    Show your Betfair account statement of last week so we know you are not lying.

TennisProFrance
    TennisProFrance's Avatar Become A Pro!

There has been a lot of research done on the 1.01's, sure if you search around you will find what you are looking for - it's very old hat these days. Even if you find your angle, and lets assume you want to try the 1.01 appraoch, the biggest issue you will face is speed. If you positioned yourself outside betfair offices in London you wouldn't beat those 1.01 bots to the queue. Much better to concentrate efforts into new angles, but it's not easy, many of us been doing this for 10+ years and takes some serious out the box thinking to get an edge.