bubba
    bubba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8458

balance at book lower in the morning. does book need to give explanation???

lets say my balance was 10,000 when i went to sleep and 9,770 when i woke up. no pending plays. made about 30 wagers yesterday. i ask book why on livechat and they have no clue. i see one of my wagers from yesterday would have a 230 swing (115 to win 115). would you just assume that the wager was incorrectly graded as a win and then corrected overnight? wager correctly says loss right now.

doesnt the book have an obligation to disclose the reason for the lower balance to their customer?

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

did the play win or lose?

it's not uncommon for a play to be graded wrong and then corrected

how would the CS person know what happened?

you should know the correct balance yourself

heck i dont even understand your question to be honest

ThisGuy
    ThisGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

Sounds like someone who doesn't understand why their bank account is overdrawn

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

You should track all your plays via spreadsheet. If the balance doesn't add up, you made a mistake (or you can document a phantom charge).

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

I would have thought that somewhere in the accounts there would be something to show a bet reversal or an adjustment somewhere - but then who knows with some of the software some books use.

bubba

all i know is my balance has 230 less then there was last night. is it the books obligation to give me an explanation why? if they reversed a wager (correctly) do they have an obligation to tell me that happened? im asking and they have 0 clue, shouldnt they know what happened?

as for justin, i did not track all my plays with a spreadsheet so that doesnt help me here. maybe in the future but that sounds like a lot of work

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

do you know your previous days balance

it should not be hard to find what happened

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Possible misgraded bet, possible losing bet that wasn't yet graded. It's your responsibility to track your bets and your account balance. If they temporarily misgraded something and corrected the error, you can't expect them to keep a record of that once they've corrected it.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by skrtelfan View Post
    If they temporarily misgraded something and corrected the error, you can't expect them to keep a record of that once they've corrected it.
    really? see i expect this. if a book is going back and lowering my balance i expect someone somewhere to be able to tell me why. guess its just me. doesnt seem like its too difficult to tell a client we are lowering you balance by xxxx because we previously graded it a winner and it should have been a loser. a note in the account would be nice, but certainly by contacting customer service, this type of info seems like it should be provided.

skrtelfan

The only time I ever get contacted is when they didn't correct it automatically after some period of time and I had to contact them, and I've used lots of books. It's not like "your account balance" is some magical figure that needs to be preserved for posterity. Just check your balance each morning and check that your bets the night before were graded correctly.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

book should give you the reason

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

All books show one's Account History, at least for the previous month.

What does that show?

For the future, if you don't want to use a spreadsheet, take a screenshot.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    All books show one's Account History, at least for the previous month.

What does that show?

For the future, if you don't want to use a spreadsheet, take a screenshot.
    account histories at most books dont take into account a miss-graded wager that was corrected. they create the history as if there was never a missgrade

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    all i know is my balance has 230 less then there was last night. is it the books obligation to give me an explanation why? if they reversed a wager (correctly) do they have an obligation to tell me that happened? im asking and they have 0 clue, shouldnt they know what happened?

as for justin, i did not track all my plays with a spreadsheet so that doesnt help me here. maybe in the future but that sounds like a lot of work

it would take 1/10 of the time you spend bitching about/bothering books about bull shit.

no they don´t owe you an explanation or anything if they fixed a mix-graded bet. if they had graded a loser a winner i´m sure you would have already started 5 threads and logged an sbr complaint by now.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Yeah, cut and paste your account history every night and keep a list of the pendings. It should be sufficient otherwise you will need to take a ton of screenshots. I just cut and paste into Microsoft Word, so it's still in the same format, so if a problem arises, I still have all the ticket numbers and when the wagers were placed.

Last week, had Clemson -16' (vs Citadel) bet deleted from my account history two days after on Friday and had it on my personal spreadsheet, but didn't have evidence when I emailed them. It was corrected and put back into my account before I got a reply back, so now I cut and paste account history and screenshot of balances.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    it would take 1/10 of the time you spend bitching about/bothering books about bull shit.

no they don´t owe you an explanation or anything if they fixed a mix-graded bet. if they had graded a loser a winner i´m sure you would have already started 5 threads and logged an sbr complaint by now.

thanks for contributing greatly to my threads as usual. ( i dont think your 1st sentence makes any sense but that is neither here nor there)

i dont know that they missgraded a wager. maybe they just stole 230 dollars out of my account. maybe they deleted a wager of mine that won 230 dollars yesterday. no explanation was given. i think i deserve 1.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

stop bitching and track your wagers.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    stop bitching and track your wagers.
    thanks for another fine contribution to the forum. great analysis.

BET THE HOOK
    BET THE HOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!

I absolutely think that somebody at the book should be able to tell a player why his balance is lower the next morning if no deductions ets sho in the acct history when the player researches it. If my balance is lower and I made no wagers overnight I sure as hell want an explanation.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

thanks for another fine contribution to the forum. great analysis.
    Bubba, I have had that happen to me and it would be helpful if the books made some sort of notation when they make a correction to your account.

Don't let Durito irritate you as he's quite the idiot. When he acts like an ass (which is 99% of the time), fire right back at him and let him know what an ass he really is. Thats what I do.

Good luck with your future wagers.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

account histories at most books dont take into account a miss-graded wager that was corrected. they create the history as if there was never a missgrade

I recently had 3 books misgrade a wager.
    After it was pointed out to them, all of them adjusted it, and 2 of the 3 showed the adjustment in my account history.

What about your account history at the book on question? Did you bother to look at it?

skrtelfan

When I've had bets manually adjusted on my request, I've had adjustments shown, but I'm pretty sure every time the book noticed the error on their own, it didn't show in the account history.

bubba

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I recently had 3 books misgrade a wager.
    After it was pointed out to them, all of them adjusted it, and 2 of the 3 showed the adjustment in my account history.

What about your account history at the book on question? Did you bother to look at it?
    there are no wager adjustments in the account history. they told me they were no adjustments at all in my account. i know my balance was 230 more the night before. i woke up and its 230 less. i did have a prop bet thats now graded as a loser with a payout toal of 230 had it won.

either
    1- the book decided to steal 230 from me and took it right out of my account
    2- they deleted another wager of mine that won 230 after grading it a winner
    3- they retroactively changed the grading on the wager above from a win to a loss (rightfully so if it was ever graded a win). i dont know this as fact because i never noticed it graded as a win. the book tells me they know nothing about any regrades. i assume its #3 but who knows for sure? the book should be able to provide an explanation of some kind.

Snatch
    Snatch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

grow up - ask your mom to keep track of your bets