GoodVibrations
    GoodVibrations's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1621

The NEW WSEX.....

Since their poker room doesn't generate much traffic, this little item probably hasn't shown up in any "book" threads.

Over at 2+2, in the WSEX poker thread, the GM closed a players account for bad mouthing the site.
    WOW!!!!

Here's an excerpt;

Teflon Dog,

I and I alone am responsible for closing your account. You don't seem happy here. For some time, not just your last few posts you have railed against WSEX's poker room. We can take constructive criticism very well. We respond to it, we fix things. I don't think your comments ever fall into that category.

After reading your chat log in post #152, I spoke to my poker manager about closing your account. I held off. But, once I read your comments in post #169, I immediately told them to close your account. I am not going to sit here an let you refer to my staff as incompetent monkeys that BS and do shoddy work.

Be happy, you don't have to play with us any more.

Fred Balfour
    General Manager
    WSEX.com

Here's the thread if you want to read it

It's also worth pointing out, two players in that thread say they haven't been paid by WSEX. One in over two weeks and another close to a month...
    Both looking for an Express Check or courier is I guess the way WSEX phrases it....

Since I'm more of a sports guy than a poker player, is anybody else having problems collecting from WSEX?

WSEX
    WSEX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibrations View Post
    Since their poker room doesn't generate much traffic, this little item probably hasn't shown up in any "book" threads.

Over at 2+2, in the WSEX poker thread, the GM closed a players account for bad mouthing the site.
    WOW!!!!

Here's an excerpt;

Teflon Dog,

I and I alone am responsible for closing your account. You don't seem happy here. For some time, not just your last few posts you have railed against WSEX's poker room. We can take constructive criticism very well. We respond to it, we fix things. I don't think your comments ever fall into that category.

After reading your chat log in post #152, I spoke to my poker manager about closing your account. I held off. But, once I read your comments in post #169, I immediately told them to close your account. I am not going to sit here an let you refer to my staff as incompetent monkeys that BS and do shoddy work.

Be happy, you don't have to play with us any more.

Fred Balfour
    General Manager
    WSEX.com

Here's the thread if you want to read it

It's also worth pointing out, two players in that thread say they haven't been paid by WSEX. One in over two weeks and another close to a month...
    Both looking for an Express Check or courier is I guess the way WSEX phrases it....

Since I'm more of a sports guy than a poker player, is anybody else having problems collecting from WSEX?
    The player's account was not closed for criticizing the site. We take plaenty of criticism at 2+2 aout our poker room and we fix things. The account was closed because of the player's multiple insulting posts about us, how he spoke to my staff, and how he referred to them. That was the last straw.

Read some of the posts supporting my decision. They articulate my position very well.

As far as the two players waiting for checks, I am pretty sure one is a regular mail slightly past the 20 business days, the other is a courier mail that had to be recalled due to a processor change.

Do you have any complaints of your own you'd like me to address?

WSEX

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

I read at 2+2 almost everyday but didn't read this particular thread as I don't play poker at WSEX... Regardless, seems to me that a book/pokerroom should be able to decide who they ban or allow to play for whatever reason they feel like... As long as they give the player back their money they should choose who's action they want...

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

I haven't read this thread but it is not uncommon for players to lose acct. priviledges for being disrespectful

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

They are hiring props for their poker room, probably half the guys in cash games on the payroll.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't mind WSEX banning someone for being obnoxious/disrespectful. I like and respect it.

I often wish posting forums would do more of it.

But I think it shows WSEX supporting its employees - which is a very good thing for a business to do - and just generally having some balls. They're not doormats and they're not desperate.

WileOut
    WileOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Yes a good move by WSEX. I support them 100%. This book and poker room is one of the best in the business. The new poker room is great. 75% rakeback has always been great.

Keep up the good work WSEX, I appreciate you guys and many others do as well.

trixtrix
    trixtrix's Avatar Become A Pro!

the 2p2 thread struck me as satirically hilarious for some reason..

i guess i've been betting sports for so long that i forgot how much simpler life can be for a poker player: what?? they don't want my action anymore?? well ho-humbug i'm gonna hold my breaths until i turn blue..

hey wsex: why didn't you just collar this guy as per your normal m.o? you know.. limit him to max 200 dollar buyin, one table max, and infinite time-delay after every fold/call/raise action he takes until an approval is obtained from a c.s supervisor?

i bet after experiencing that for a week, he'd be begging for a quick and clean cashout