skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

BetOnline sending spam text messages

I've never had an account at BetOnline so I don't know where they got my phone number, but I got a spam text from them earlier offering me some piddling bonus for the NFL exhibition games. Pretty annoying since I have to pay for texts and they sent it around 5am, so the text beep woke me up. As a matter of rule I don't patronize spammers, so the little chance I had of ever using BetOnline just went to 0%.

gamemastere
    gamemastere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I received 2 this morning so you might receive another. Wonder how much business this post might generate for them

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

I got 3 of them w/in an hr yesterday. all text said the same thing

+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got a couple yesterday too, and I have also never had an account with them. Credit Wagering probably sold info to recoup losses haha.

skrtelfan

I received a PM from the BetOnline rep on this forum who admitted that they send out spam texts but that they aren't supposed to send them at 5am. I suspect that wherever they bought their phone number list from had an old address for me where I was located on the east coast, as if a text at 8am is any better. There are strict laws which govern unsolicited text messages, so I've suggested to BetOnline that they reconsider their policy of sending unsolicited texts. See:

http://www.fcc.gov/guides/spam-unwan...ages-and-email

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10563

Any of the above ever have any accounts with the BOS family of books?If so,that's where they got your info.

BIG33FELLA
    BIG33FELLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7143

Was thinking about opening account with them today. What's the scoop with bol are they safe book? Thanks for any info.

skrtelfan

I had an account with several BOS books but they've been defunct since what, 2006? Spamming law violations aside, it's not very good business IMO to associate oneself with a defunct family of books that disappeared with their clients' money.

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

guys you are so lucky....I have an account but I haven't used it for months. Betonline sent to me a regular e-mail nearly 10 days ago. Can you belive this, they send envelope to european customers ? offers bonus for nfl, definitely went to trash can. they charge over 80 bucks as person to person fee, 30 cent mlb props, stupid tennis rules and offers reload bonus by regular e-mail. completely joke.

BIG33FELLA
    BIG33FELLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7143

I forgot to mention I have accounts with Bookmaker 5dimes bodog and heritage but haven't funded them in awhile. Should I just stick with one of them or open new account with bol? Look like they have nice bonus
    and new ways for deposit.