arbuser
    arbuser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eurobet close account after one stake :D

Hi,

maybe you know Eurobet (Gala Coral) which has A- rating here and think of it it must be solid euro book.. Ok, I thought so as well and one day I decided to place a stake there. Found a light arbitrage on betbrain, just about 1% with eurobet and pinnacle sports, eurobet odds was not any error it was just 2.38 and rest of filed had 2.35, 2.3 etc... so no mistake.. And after settling that match I won in eurobet ending with 950 EUR and day later I received this nice email:

Dear Customer,

I am writing to inform you that your account with Eurobet.com has been closed. As of now, no further bets can be accepted and any recorded in error will be declared void, win or lose. This decision has been taken purely for commercial reasons.

In the event of you placing a bet indirectly with Eurobet.com in the future, we will reserve the right to void your bet.
    Any funds currently in your balance have now been sent back to your registered card. Any outstanding Ante Post bets will be settled upon their maturity and any subsequent funds won will be sent back to your registered card or to the payment method used.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact either myself or another member of the Customer Services Team.

Kind regards,

Tosin
    Eurobet Customer services.

Very nice, that they dont even call me my name.. just Dear Customer... had.. very nice "book"... So what do you think about it... after one stake... only thing that "saves" them is that they gave me back my balance but still.. close account after ONE stake.. I would understand if I would be arbing there for long time but it was just ONE stake... kinda remembers me all cases with BetWay which closes account because of arbitrage rule and dont even pay out.. maybe it is not so far that eurobet will start do similar things...

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

They have been known to limit fast, but after 1 bet is a bit extreme unless you were taking a shot at a blatantly incorrect price, not just a small arb opportunity.

The only reason I can think of that you would be limited that fast is if they could link you to an account/accounts that they have closed in the past - maybe an IP link, or even if you have an account with another book that they might own and that they have already limited perhaps ?

AimingHigh
    AimingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did / do you have an account at Coral? If so, is that account limited or was it closed? If yes to either, that probably explains it.

I had a Eurobet account for ages that was limited to peanuts. They finally closed it last week, so perhaps you got caught up in their most recent cull. They may also pay particular attention to people betting arb services' lines so, even though it was only one bet, you may have flagged up your account that way too.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Just noticed your username here actually and see the use of the word "arb" in there - I am assuming that whatever your Eurobet username is, that it doesnt also make use of the word "arb" otherwise that would give you away and present them with a very obvious indicator as to your future arb intentions for them to easily decide they dont want your business in future...

korbal29
    korbal29's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

out of curiousity how much profit did you make out of that single bet

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

limiting after one bet in such case is understandable.
    doesnt change the fact it is A book.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20567

Quote Originally Posted by lukahh View Post
    limiting after one bet in such case is understandable.
    doesnt change the fact it is A book.
    It most certainly does in my view