Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Open Slot Parlay?

Hey guys ive been trying to figure out how these type of parlays can work to my advantage, in say betting, hedging, etc. but every time i do the numbers and every time i switch things around i still get back to where i started in which it doesn't work out + for me. Can i get some help with this maybe im overlooking something here, but my head has been hurting from this and ive waisted many sheets of papar trying to come up with right #'s but they never add up right. I know this is new for me and i really didn't know much about it until i read what u guys were talking about. Thanks any extra info or help would be great.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

There really is no advantage at all. Its just another way to get square players to lose there money.

Legions36

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    There really is no advantage at all. Its just another way to get square players to lose there money.
    Thats what my #'s are telling me but there are people here saying it is good, but i would like to know how good if it is? If i dont have an edge then there is no reason for me to even consider this.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29112

i win all the time on Open parlays....not being restricted to only the plays that day makes a huge difference for patient and smart players....just depends on ur own personal prefrences

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post

Thats what my #'s are telling me but there are people here saying it is good, but i would like to know how good if it is? If i dont have an edge then there is no reason for me to even consider this.
    People on SBR aren't exactly the sharpest.... The same people who are winning on these now will lose more in the longrun.

Legions36

How can i use this to hedge other wagers I play? People were saying this could be done?

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Weapons of mass destruction.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20549

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    I agree with you.

There was a thread on this topic a week or two ago.

Bottom line is that you are bound to the one book offering it for the odds on each leg you add. Far better to do your own thing with all up bets at the book(s) offering the bets odds.

Clever idea for the bookie to hook the less sophisticated players.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

sure works for me

smarter players would realize that being bound by 1 day of games isnt a advantage..and playing them str8 makes no sense at all because you would lose the huge odds of parlays

it takes patience which most unsuccessful gamblers have none of

just personal prefernces and what each player makes his money on...works great for some, not for others

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    sure works for me

smarter players would realize that being bound by 1 day of games isnt a advantage..and playing them str8 makes no sense at all because you would lose the huge odds of parlays

it takes patience which most unsuccessful gamblers have none of

just personal prefernces and what each player makes his money on...works great for some, not for others
    I venture to say that it works better for 5D than for you.

Even smarter players would place their bets for each leg at the book offering the best odds and all up their collect on the next leg the same way. Far better option than being stuck having to bet at the same place on each leg.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

well you are very wrong

its working out huge in my favor...im patient and it pays off....im not worried about 05.-1.0(never much diff. in MLs anyway) here on parlays, until i actually lose money, my system is working beautifully, and it would take a hell of a long losing streak to get in negative on Open parlays for me

im up almost 5 figures JUST on Open parlays, and just started using them 3 months ago, but i also dont bet 10+ teams on them either, i use them differently...usuaslly 2-6 teamers

like i said, different players better at different things...just each players prefrence
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-01-12 at 07:49 PM.

Hareeba!

well you are very wrong

its working out huge in my favor...im patient and it pays off....im not worried about 05.-1.0(never much diff. in MLs anyway) here on parlays, until i actually lose money, my system is working beautifully, and it would take a hell of a long losing streak to get in negative on Open parlays for me

im up almost 5 figures JUST on Open parlays, and just started using them 3 months ago, but i also dont bet 10+ teams on them either, i use them differently...usuaslly 2-6 teamers

like i said, different players better at different things...just each players prefrence
    I wasn't questioning your making money out of it. I was attempting to point out that for the bookie introducing this option it would be an enormous boost - more than even for you.

Sure I accept that there are players who like to take parlays. My point however is that if you commit yourself to playing all legs at the one shop you are surely leaving money on the table as they won't always have the best odds.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

oh well i agree u may be leaving a few dollars on the table... and you are also right in your other point as i believe most people play crazy 10-25 teamers, which is quite crazy IMO..

most players dont use them in a prophitable way, they go for the 25 teamers...i just pick my favorite plays for a week or 2 and place them on there...ive found them very useful for ML underdogs too if u are very selective, but sometimes those take me a few weeks...the odds that the parlays pay out doesnt change its just how u use them...also just depends how u choose to close them out on the moneygame, sometimes i stick a big ML favorite there just so im almost guarnteed the payout if it has alot of teams on that play
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-01-12 at 08:08 PM.

Hareeba!

oh well i agree u may be leaving a few dollars on the table... and you are also right in your other point as i believe most people play crazy 10-25 teamers, which is quite crazy IMO..

most players dont use them in a prophitable way, they go for the 25 teamers
    the difference between gamblers and smart punters

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

totally agree

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Unless you are looking for a way to circumvent the books limits on straight wagers, there is no reason to touch this type of bet.

UPSEXPRESS
    UPSEXPRESS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike. Lets say i do an open parlay for 10 bucks 6 teams. Lets say i select the giants tonight and thats it. But tomorrow when i go into to add 3 more teams do i have to pay 30 dollars. Or just another 10 or nothing at all?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by UPSEXPRESS View Post
    Mike. Lets say i do an open parlay for 10 bucks 6 teams. Lets say i select the giants tonight and thats it. But tomorrow when i go into to add 3 more teams do i have to pay 30 dollars. Or just another 10 or nothing at all?
    Nothing.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UPSEXPRESS View Post
    nothing....the amount u put as "amount" to start to open the parlay is all u have at risk...when u add teams it wont cost anothing....the only thing that changes is the payout depending on the price of the plays u are adding to it

GL

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

If you are betting progressively, and over a few days then wouldnt it be better to just bet a game and then rebet the stake + winnings from it on the next leg seperately, and so on, and so on ?

As far as I can tell the payout would work out the same, and you would still only lose whatever your initial stake was on the first leg...but this way you would be able to stop whenever you wanted to and wouldnt be forced to keep going until however many legs you specified were completed.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

i got 4 different Opens on the last leg im trying to close out tonight

been absloutley unstoppabe on these things last few months...low risk big reward been working like a charm

if u do it seperatley u lose the huge odds of it being a parlay, makes no sense at all

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    If you are betting progressively, and over a few days then wouldnt it be better to just bet a game and then rebet the stake + winnings from it on the next leg seperately, and so on, and so on ?

As far as I can tell the payout would work out the same, and you would still only lose whatever your initial stake was on the first leg...but this way you would be able to stop whenever you wanted to and wouldnt be forced to keep going until however many legs you specified were completed.
    From the punter's viewpoint of course it would but from the bookie's not so.

Furthermore you could shop around for the best price for each play rather than being tied to the bookie you started the sequence with.

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

if u do it seperatley u lose the huge odds of it being a parlay, makes no sense at all

I thought they were just whatever odds for whatever selections you choose all getting multiplied together like normal accumulators - which is exactly the same odds as manually doing a progressive parlay provided you rebet your combined stake + returns each time. For example:

$110 on Leg 1 @ -110 = $210 back
    $210 on Leg 2 @ -110 = $400.91 back
    $400.91 Leg 3 @ -110 = $765.37 back

Which is exactly the same as playing $110 on a regular 3 team parlay with odds of -110 on each leg.

You have still technically only risked your $110 initial stake and is the exact same payout, but you can stop anytime you like and as Hareeba said, if you really wanted to put some work in then you could shop around for better prices for the subsequent legs at other books.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
    I thought they were just whatever odds for whatever selections you choose all getting multiplied together like normal accumulators - which is exactly the same odds as manually doing a progressive parlay provided you rebet your combined stake + returns each time. For example:

$110 on Leg 1 @ -110 = $210 back
    $210 on Leg 2 @ -110 = $400.91 back
    $400.91 Leg 3 @ -110 = $765.37 back

Which is exactly the same as playing $110 on a regular 3 team parlay with odds of -110 on each leg.

You have still technically only risked your $110 initial stake and is the exact same payout, but you can

stop anytime you like and as Hareeba said, if you really wanted to put some work in then you could shop around for better prices for the subsequent legs at other books.
    Correct. Unless you are getting some bonus odds for parlaying. As far as I've seen only a few of the Aussie books bet over the odds on parlays. In fact I think Pinnacle actually shaves the odds?

It's a big fallacy to think you are getting better value taking parlays unless there is an enhanced price offered (or unless you know you are playing +ev outcomes).

In reality you are in fact making a series of bets with increasing stakes so long as you keep winning. Only difference is by parlaying them you are asking the bookie to hold you funds between each bet instead of returning them to your account.

In Maniac's example the true total outlay comes to $720.91 for a total return of $1376.28 which is -110 odds.
    Last edited by Hareeba!; 02-05-12 at 04:12 PM.