Frogger
    Frogger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Grading Books on Golf

I have been looking at the major books to see who was going to take this little tournament calls The Masters seriously and put up some decent lines. Personally I dont like betting matchups because I usually like or dislike one golfer and to have bet for or against them through another player is annoying and stupid to me. I love when books put up the over/unders on the round scores. I bet those a ton. This is what I saw:

Pinnacle
    The best by far. 10cent matchups, 10cent over/unders and 10cent yes/no to win. The King shows why they are such.
    Greek
    Yes/no on McIlroy to win, and 20cent matchups. No over/unders. Honestly better than I expected, but without the over/unders this is a no-go for me.
    BetOnline
    Was shocked to see this. 10cent matchups! 20cent over/unders put in the team total section, which is really cool because that means they stay up until the tee time. On the odds to win, they failed by putting this in the multi-wager format so that means screw the customer on the juice. They are trying to rape people at -175 when line is -135 on Pinny. Of course, BetOnline is not exactly known as mister instant whip if u win there.
    5Dimes
    Another huge winner. 20cent matchups with spreads (I like this touch). 30cent over/unders copied/pasted directly from Pinnacle. Also had yes/no on McIlory which was great.
    Grande
    No offerings. I assume they are waiting until morning. Big loser here.
    CRIS
    You got to be kidding me. This book is suppose to be the biggest book in North America and they just don't even try anymore. I wish I had their money because they must have so much they just dont care at all. They had 30cent matchups. Then they are so nice to offer the odds to win in the multiple wager one way betting only format. This always rapes the player, but CRIS takes it to a new level by being so kind to offer -225 on McIlroy. -225 !!! Wow. The line is -135 on Pinny, and these guys only get ya for a cool 90cents. Of course cannot bet the 'no' against, which automatically means you are going to get screwed. CRIS missed out on some serious action here. They offer NBA player props on wierd players but no over/unders on the Masters????

adolfas52
    adolfas52's Avatar Become A Pro!

betfair and betdaq are also good for golf bets.

Jontheman
    Jontheman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4073

Well they must've pounded McIlroy as it's now -240. (you can get -125 on Betfair) Does this show that the US/Bookmaker has a large pool of stupid golf bettors?

Frogger
    Frogger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unreal, almost hard to believe they would move that line up anymore. I knew BetFair was good, because they are good with everything, but I didn't see any over/unders for 4th round action. Never heard of Betdaq, but it looked the same as BetFair (although had better menu on left)

Regardless, -240 from CRIS is a complete embarrassment. And for the poor suckers that bet that I feel sorry for and just hope competition will appear to get these customers into a more fair place. Jacking the line up 10-15cents is one thing, but 115cents, I think we can all agree is robbery, and on a major event like this just no reason for it.

Probably cost CRIS a fortune in the end, in the amount of bad press and amount of customers that passed. Why they wouldn't take 2minutes to put up in the yes/no format is beyond me.

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Nice breakdown Frogger. I bookmarked this thread for future reference

Jontheman
    Jontheman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4073

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
    Unreal, almost hard to believe they would move that line up anymore. I knew BetFair was good, because they are good with everything, but I didn't see any over/unders for 4th round action. Never heard of Betdaq, but it looked the same as BetFair (although had better menu on left)

Regardless, -240 from CRIS is a complete embarrassment. And for the poor suckers that bet that I feel sorry for and just hope competition will appear to get these customers into a more fair place. Jacking the line up 10-15cents is one thing, but 115cents, I think we can all agree is robbery, and on a major event like this just no reason for it.

Probably cost CRIS a fortune in the end, in the amount of bad press and amount of customers that passed. Why they wouldn't take 2minutes to put up in the yes/no format is beyond me.
    BF did post O/U for the 4th round (in a 3-line format). Liquidity was pants though.

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

Quote Originally Posted by Jontheman View Post
    BF did post O/U for the 4th round (in a 3-line format). Liquidity was pants though.

"Liquidity was pants though."

Translation?

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

"Probably cost CRIS a fortune in the end, in the amount of bad press and amount of customers that passed. Why they wouldn't take 2minutes to put up in the yes/no format is beyond me."

Agree that the CRIS books are hideous for the non-major USA sports, and have been for years.

King_Suckerman
    King_Suckerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12903

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    "Liquidity was pants though." Translation?
    "pants" just means not very good.