Sinister Cat
    Sinister Cat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

betDSI closed my account without notifying me

DSI closed my account yesterday, with no warning. I initially made a $100 deposit via cc (intending to use this book for SBR contests). Everything seemed to be fine; the money was in my account. Yesterday I get an email from them saying a $100 refund has been processed. I then tried to log into my account but couldn't. Asked CS via live chat; they say my account was closed, because I didn't send in "forms" after making cc deposit.

If they want to process refunds and close accounts if they don't receive verification from the accountholder, that is one thing. But it is strange that nowhere in the deposit process do they ask you to submit forms, and that they close your account without warning if you fail to do so.

Odd behavior from an "A+" book. Doesn't seem like it could possibly be their actual policy-- would be a strange way to run a business, to close paying customers accounts and refund their money like this.

Anyway, I will complete the forms and send them in and see what happens.

But to anyone opening a new DSI account and funding it via cc, you should consider filling out the authorization form on their withdrawals page immediately after making your deposit.

jgm1967
    jgm1967's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had some problems along time ago depositing with them using a credit card but I ended up speaking with a guy over there and he helped me get it through.mike at mike@.com might be able to help you .Sounds like the forms just needs to be filled out.

He is a really helpful guy to know over there ,known as mike from canada over there.He gets me 40% bonuses on reloads and usually responds to my emails within a day or two.He may get you a good sign up bonus who knows..

Dsi is great for second half baseball wagering and their rewards points.Their football lines are not out as early as bookmaker which is odd considering they are a cris affiliated book.good luck

cheers
    Last edited by SBR Lou; 09-10-08 at 02:06 PM. Reason: no contact info permitted

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

You scared me. I did the exact same thing with sister book, Bookmaker, on Tuesday. $100 CC deposit for BTP. I never filled out any forms.

But I just checked and the money is sitting there, chilling.

I'm still showing as PENDING for the contest here at SBR but no problems with the book. So I don't know what the deal is with DSI. They need to touch bases with the BOOKMAKER people because they handled it the way you want it handled.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

A lot of Euro books use the "upfront forms" method for security reasons, which is starting to become common these days for U.S. friendly books. My advice would be to send in the documentation they are asking for. Then they will reactivate your account when you contact them.

Mudcat, Your probably already in there system, so that would be my guess as to why you haven't had any issues.

Sinister Cat

Faxed in the forms. They then sent me an e-mail asking for copies of cc and id, which I've also now sent them.

I can appreciate that it is prudent to ask for this stuff, but it is too bad they choose to simply close my account, and force me to initiate the process to re-open my account, instead of telling me what they need in the first place.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know it may not be a popular opinion, but I sort of like them asking for the ID UP FRONT.

That way, they can't BS you later about ID when it is time for a payout.

TeamPlayer
    TeamPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

don't worry about 2betdsi. They're a solid book. I've had lots of success with them and never any problems with payouts

jgm1967
    jgm1967's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post
    I know it may not be a popular opinion, but I sort of like them asking for the ID UP FRONT.

This may have changed,but when I deposited with dsi using a credit card they made me go through a whole identification process when I wanted to cash out.Maybe the sending of the id and the forms will eliminate all that.

I remember wanting a 1800$ dollar cashout and I was sweating the questions because I couldn't remember my street address from 8 years before.I think it was a none of the above question I missed.Its sort of like a credit check,questions only you would know and you have to answer them right.Stuff about your previous cars ,address etc..Sort of a hassle but they let me go through the verify your id process and I got it right the second time

That may be gone and this form eliminates that process but I would ask if you have to go through anything when you cash out.Ask to speak to the credit card department and get all that stuff verified when you sign up.

Personally i would avoid cc deposits,just too much hassle.

good luck
    Last edited by jgm1967; 09-06-08 at 01:05 AM.

TeamPlayer
    TeamPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

agreed, credit card deposits are a hassle later for withdrawing.
    I also had to give them lots of info because I made the mistake of using a virtual CC for the first deposit. But never any problems after that

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peep View Post

agree.
    I never understood what gave these places a right to take your money, then give you a hassle when you want a cashout. If they really need this shit than ask for it before taking any money.

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1461

Quote Originally Posted by reno cool View Post
    agree.
    I never understood what gave these places a right to take your money, then give you a hassle when you want a cashout. If they really need this shit than ask for it before taking any money.
    very well said,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sinister Cat

Quote Originally Posted by reno cool View Post
    agree.
    I actually also agree with this. But it is funny that betDSI's stated policy is apparently to ask this stuff on cashout, but then if you try to do a cc deposit without providing everything right away (before they've even asked for anything) they refund your money and close your account without telling you. Anyway. I suspect that my problems are actually caused by me opening the account, and doing the cc deposit, from a canadian ip address, while the address I supplied and my billing address of the card is a US address (i just happened to be in Canada on the long weekend when I opened the account). I've had an online credit card transaction rejected for this reason before (buy.com)-- DSI haven't admitted that this was the problem though.

Anyway, latest thing is that on friday I sent them copies of my cc and ID which they requested. They never replied to this, and my account was never reactivated. Sent me an e-mail today saying the following:

"According to our records, your request has been resolved. If you have any
    further questions or concerns, please respond to this message."

Each time I respond to this message, the promptly send me another copy of this same message back. Kind of funny.

Account still isn't working. Live chatted with them again today and they told me that I need to send in copies of my credit card and id again; that they weren't clear before (which is not true, they were actually quite clear). They had never acknowledged receipt of them, so I suspect they are just saying that, and really haven't even looked.

Anyway, I realize this isn't the most serious or even entertaining problem. I just find it funny that this is supposedly an "A+" book. I've never had these sorts of problems with betjm or intertops, for instance. I guess they are probably just busy with the beginning of football season, and don't really give a crap about someone depositing $100 just to be eligible for some contests.

AnotherLoan
    AnotherLoan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This happened to me as well. Deposited using a credit card with no problems and a few days later my account was closed. They ended up refunding me but they wanted me to fax it in some paper work and I never did.

Playing over at Matchbook right now. Deposited with credit card and cashed out, no questions asked from Matchbook.

Sinister Cat

These guys are truly ridiculous. So I sent in the credit card authorization forms. Then I sent in copies of my cc and driver's license to them, twice. I asked them about it again and they said they never received my credit card and driver's license. So I told them the title and time sent of the e-mail containing the scans of my id and cc. They told me to check back with them later. So I do. Now I can log in.

When I try to deposit again via cc (btw this is a credit card which initially worked fine 10 days ago, my cc was billed, and I had the money in my dsi account, before they went and closed my account and refunded my money), I get an error message:
    Negative information on file, for more details contact our costumer service department.Your Credit Card Failed our Security Check

So I live chat with them again, and they tell me I'm set up as cash-only by their fraud prevention department, and that they won't allow me to use ************. This, after me going through a week of hassle to get them to reopen my account by sending them copies of credit card authorization forms and copies of the credit card I was trying to use!!! Why would have I effing bothered!!! so absurd.

A+ book indeed.

tomcowley
    tomcowley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6786

They're pretty special. I was trying to get fees credited for a cashier's check, and they tell me I have to send in a copy of the bill showing the charge (wtf, like I'm going to screw them out of $10 extra in fedex fees or something, every other book just takes this on faith). So I do, with the charge showing 3 times, as well as their address and the tracking number. Then they pull an SIA and tell me to send them a clearer copy. My reply was basically "see the charge? see the address? see the tracking number? Quit being ****ing retarded and credit my money already." and almost shockingly they did- for the wrong amount.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

That is nickel and diming bullshit.