teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

anybody else think this Russian league game is fishy?

zen isnt even trying to score 2nd half they fumble or trip everytime theres a 2nd half chance. giving up a goal in the first min of the 2nd half we'll say is coincidence.

andyrocha90
    andyrocha90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Yes. Russian league always seems to defy logic. Been burned so many times last season

teaserpleaser

giving up corners on balls they can clear ... turning the ball over like these two teams switched jerseys at half

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by andyrocha90 View Post
    Yes. Russian league always seems to defy logic. Been burned so many times last season
    Thanks that was probably the craziest game ive ever bet on...

bolek
    bolek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Ya it didn't happen but still had money on draw as well as had ht/ft 2-1..... Zenith half and krasno full .... @ 3300 put $35 on it. Next time ....Russian league good way for the 2/1 picks ht/ft for those who like to play 2/1 or 1/2

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by bolek View Post
    Ya it didn't happen but still had money on draw as well as had ht/ft 2-1..... Zenith half and krasno full .... @ 3300 put $35 on it. Next time ....Russian league good way for the 2/1 picks ht/ft for those who like to play 2/1 or 1/2
    Thanks Bolek it looked like you were going to get that draw and me a moneyline loss...feel like I got real lucky there for sure

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

same with Spartak Moscow yesterday, cruising 2-0 in first half then fell apart in second but held on and won 2-1. Then CSKA also were shiit in second half today

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

The teams are just not playing well with a lead. Happens all the time in NBA, do you call NBA fishy as well ? Anyway, gambling and match-fixing is no longer a huge problem; now that gambling is illegal and even very bad players are making loads of money (see Hulk et al.). Stop blaming your losses on match-fixing, LOL.

You know what I think is fixed: confed cup. Lost quite a bit there, must be fixed.

burkestar
    burkestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3462

couldnt have said it better myself frutal...if i were to believe sbr every 2nd football match kicking off around the world is fixed, zenit didnt even lose...but are you really referring to hulk as a "very bad player" lol maybe not world super clubs worthy and obviously didn't have the best season of last but c'mon im certain you know he is a class above most from the middle to lower european leagues....if the guy just improved his decision making and learnt when to give up the ball and when to go himself he'd easily carve up most teams, he just needs the right coaches and managers to get him to realise this

tonyesq
    tonyesq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

While I didn't bet on any Russian games, nor do I watch the Russian League I did see some highlights. On some parts, especially when the goalee would go for blocks, it seemed like it was either fixed or the players didn't care much at all. Even at semi pro level ive seen better GK and defenders. But idk, I am just stating my opinion on what I seen.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    The teams are just not playing well with a lead. Happens all the time in NBA, do you call NBA fishy as well ? Anyway, gambling and match-fixing is no longer a huge problem; now that gambling is illegal and even very bad players are making loads of money (see Hulk et al.). Stop blaming your losses on match-fixing, LOL.

You know what I think is fixed: confed cup. Lost quite a bit there, must be fixed.
    what do u mean by gambling is illegal? You talking about the players not being allowed to bet or country on general? And isn't nba one of the worst for fixing!? Tht ref got caught after he was betting on point spreads, can't recall his name

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

If you guys have time, should read this book called 'Behind the Curtain: Travels in Eastern European Football'. It reveals a lot of different ways that Eastern European clubs used in order to win a football game.

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    If you guys have time, should read this book called 'Behind the Curtain: Travels in Eastern European Football'. It reveals a lot of different ways that Eastern European clubs used in order to win a football game.
    The key is "used to". There might be still some sheenanigans going on between the bottom-feeders. But the 5-6 top clubs are not fixing matches any more. Gambling is now illegal in Russia.

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    what do u mean by gambling is illegal? You talking about the players not being allowed to bet or country on general? And isn't nba one of the worst for fixing!? Tht ref got caught after he was betting on point spreads, can't recall his name
    One crooked ref does not mean the league is fixed.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

The key is "used to". There might be still some sheenanigans going on between the bottom-feeders. But the 5-6 top clubs are not fixing matches any more. Gambling is now illegal in Russia.
    Doesnt have to be done in Russia, Singapore is the hotbed for match-fixing. I agree that teams like Zenit aren't going to be doing it (unless it's to aid them in Europe or something).

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

So is rape,murder, robbery etc etc but they obviously still happen.
    "They" can gamble online, on the black market, or even gamble abroad (or have mules abroad to place bets..). Lots of options........ You are talking about a sophisticated criminal operation.
    I dont follow Russia soccer so I dont know how big match fixing is there, but your comment is stupid.
    And you are having a go at other people???? damn.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Honestly, I think this one was totally clean because we see and saw this all the time with Zenit before: They take the lead and try to bring it over the time. Corners etc bring time etc. The last time I saw them (few days ago), when the forward had the ball after the lead, he/they wasn't running straight on the goal, but to the corner, holding the ball as long as possible. It's a mixture of a) being satisfied with a lead, and b) not being able to go for the 2nd or 3rd goal.

And I'm by no means saying that there aren't fixed games in the Russian Premier League, because there are!
    But it is way better today than it was a few years ago there, and the Premier League is way cleaner than the Russian under leagues. The real fishy stuff happens there, nearly every week.

So my guess: Was clean (no abnormalities with live odds from the Asians (where they are making their money)), but looked fishy because it is just their way of playing and has been like this for more than a year now.

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

They like to score goals by the end of RT, or added time.

burkestar
    burkestar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3462

theres always gonna be the odd suspect possibly fixed game here and there in some of the average soccer leagues around the world, but if im to follow sbr logic 3 of the opening 4 games in russian premier league have been fixed (wouldn't have surprised me if some people cried fixed on the other game too, had there been more betting on it here)...what me and the other guys are saying is that's just rediculous

frugalgambler

Quote Originally Posted by onemoregoal View Post
    So is rape,murder, robbery etc etc but they obviously still happen.
    "They" can gamble online, on the black market, or even gamble abroad (or have mules abroad to place bets..). Lots of options........ You are talking about a sophisticated criminal operation.
    I dont follow Russia soccer so I dont know how big match fixing is there, but your comment is stupid.
    And you are having a go at other people???? damn.
    Goddamn, this site is full of crackpots. Gambling is illegal, which means that the powerhouse bookies in Russia are now closed. You just cannot make big bucks by fixing games since Russians are no longer betting as much as they did a few years ago, when there was a bookie on every corner. The only people you can potentially scam are the idiots who bet on the Russian league without really knowing what is going there; and I hope there are not that many of those, probably limited to the few idiots in this thread.

frugalgambler

One more thing, the average budget in Russian premier league (also for hockey) is now well above 10 mil dollars, reaching hundreds of millions for the top 5-6 clubs. Players are now making a lot of money not to mess with match fixing. The only fixing angle that is left is the referee bribing, which is also fading since the refs are now also making a lot of money and they are also inviting refs from abroad for important matches.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

One more thing, the average budget in Russian premier league (also for hockey) is now well above 10 mil dollars, reaching hundreds of millions for the top 5-6 clubs. Players are now making a lot of money not to mess with match fixing. The only fixing angle that is left is the referee bribing, which is also fading since the refs are now also making a lot of money and they are also inviting refs from abroad for important matches.
    Im too tired to have an online battle with you.
    Just because a club is rich and their players get bigger salaries, doesnt eradicate match fixing. Look at Seria A close season, many of the Bulgarian clubs have money also they still fix. Many internationals are also fixed, a lot in Asia including Arab countries............

As I said before, I dont follow Russia Premier league but I doubt they will change there ways, just because its made "illegal" to bet at street corner books as you mentioned.

I will say, you are right in saying its silly to say something must be fixed if you lose a bet - but I just take such threads in jest.