Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

dumb soccer questions

1. does every international league play on just specific days??
    2. is there a good soccer website other than the normal sports analysis sites?
    3. how can you tell when a game means something to a team and when it doesnt?
    4. do most leagues have their championship-type games around the same time?
    5. what teams have a super beast AllStar great player on them?

answer any or all thanks.
    i dont know much about soccer. i use to just bet chelsea, liverpool, man u and arsenal when they werent playing eachother. i dont even do that anymore.

i know a lot about a lot of sports but this is not one of them.

Toples
    Toples's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 964

1. CL plays on tue/weds, Europa league on thursday, dont follow others
    2. there are bunch of soccer sites. some covering big leagues, some specific countries. there's no 1 stop for all. just google league ur interested in
    3. Reading the news, looking at tables. Big teams play reserves in cup games often, good spot to catch some dogs
    4. not sure what you mean....
    5. Many team have some stars. Barca has a whole pack
    Points Awarded:

Glitch gave Toples 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Glitch

4 was kinda a retarded question. was wondering if like...the best italian league would have their championship around the same time as the best english league and best danish league etc.... sorta doesnt make sense. thanks for your input

and what are some more teams with BIG, effective stars.

looking forward to other answers. going to sleep.

decado
    decado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

well glitch, the world consists just more than the big four from england

each national league got their favorites and international there is probably not much difference anymore today. it's all about the actual team, if they are in form or have injuries etc. imo, only barca is the difference (for now).

regarding 4 :
    there is no common time where they all play the same day simply because they all have different cup rules or different amount of teams in leagues.
    each country got their own rules when to play what type of competition. england for example mix up their cups, leagues etc in a rather strange way. other countries are more structured and do them separate.

you can use this as guideline:
    - FIFA (Worldwide) sets the times when national teams play (ex. friendlies, world cup)
    ---- UEFA (Europe) / CONCACAF (North America) will set days of continental competitions (Champions League, Euro Cup, etc)
    ------- FA (England) / USS (USA) they will set national leagues and cup competitions on remaining free days that are left and not used by FIFA/UEFA. that's where it is each country own decision when to play what

for links, you can get started with www.soccerway.com or www.soccerstats.com for now. they have all the information you need.
    Points Awarded:

Glitch gave decado 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Glitch

thanks guys

stuff so far

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

i dont know much about soccer. i use to just bet chelsea, liverpool, man u and arsenal when they werent playing eachother. i dont even do that anymore.

Of the leagues I play the most-

1. In Spain they play most of times Saturdays, Sundays and sometime 1 game on Monday.

Cup Games most of times midweek.

In Mexico sometimes 1 game on Friday. Then maybe half of the games on Saturday and half on Sunday.

2: Most of times I use Soccerway.
    Points Awarded:

Glitch gave latinrus 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

1. does every international league play on just specific days?? 2. is there a good soccer website other than the normal sports analysis sites? 3. how can you tell when a game means something to a team and when it doesnt? 4. do most leagues have their championship-type games around the same time? 5. what teams have a super beast AllStar great player on them? answer any or all thanks. i dont know much about soccer. i use to just bet chelsea, liverpool, man u and arsenal when they werent playing eachother. i dont even do that anymore. i know a lot about a lot of sports but this is not one of them.
    1. Most top tier domestic leagues play from August/ September to May. Games are categorized into rounds. So Round 1 is the 1st game for each team. The big leagues England, Spain, Germany and Italy play weekend/ midweek rounds. Germany usually has 1 fixture on Friday's. Check livescore.com to seee every game listed for today

2. Prosoccer.gr windrawwin.com soccerway.com many others too

3. Depends on the game and competition. Basically each team is involved in Domestic League matches, and Domestic Cup matches. The best teams play in European Cup matches. There is a whole system for setting up the European Cups, but thats not important.
    Top teams want to play in Europe because it makes them a lot of money so teams fighting for the qualification spots always have incentive come the end of the season. Importance also depends on upcoming schedule. There are "look ahead" spots in soccer, but IMO they don't hit as often and are difficult to categorize with the different completions.

4. Most leagues do not have championship type games. The European Cups have 2-legged ties (Home/ Away) and those start next week. The domestic leagues rely on total points gained throughout the year. Some lower leagues have promotional playoffs.

5. Players capable of winning games on their own. Messi (Barcelona), C. Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Torres/ Drogba (Chelsea), Cesc Fabergas (Arsenal). I'm sure there are players I left off, but those are some top ones from the best 5 teams. Any player is capable of winning a match for his team and its all about judging form.
    Points Awarded:

Glitch gave RubberKettle 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Glitch

great stuff guys. this really helps a lot. this thread was a good idea. i now have a much firmer grip on the sport.

Glitch

used these sites for some intelligent research for my first (seemingly) well-capped soccer pick:

2/8/11 11:55am$40.00$43.20
    Pending2/9/11 1:00pm Germany Soccer
    241 Hansa Rostock (GER-3) +108* vs Ahlen (GER-3)
    lets see how it goes.

s0095063
    s0095063's Avatar Become A Pro!

2) I use www.flashscores.co.uk to see what games are due to be played that day or in the days ahead. NOt great for analysis but good for checking results or how the games are progressing.
    3) The best way is to look at the league tables and look at how many games are left, if there are only a few games left in the season many teams will have less to play for than others whilst teams in danger of relegation will be fighting for their lives. I'd generally avoid betting cup games and freindlies unless your research is very well conducted.
    4) Most european leagues operate around similar league seasons, but in colder countries such as Russia the league season is different due to the harsh winter.
    5) You can look at the league tables of various countries to see which teams are performing the best