Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brazil/Netherlands - one pick

Brazil -109

Farewell to the Netherlands! See you again in 2014.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

hopefully this line includes extra time. A lot of people are taking the straight up line for Brazil in regulation time. Be smart

ararat2010
    ararat2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

cmon, no extra times for Brazil all way imo ))

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I'm leaning the same way Wil. I'll think about it for a bit longer but I like your pick

Sportslover
    Sportslover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

Can get -102 for Brazil on Pinnacle at the moment.

I'm backing Brazil as well here.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    hopefully this line includes extra time. A lot of people are taking the straight up line for Brazil in regulation time. Be smart
    No need for extra time. Here's the result:

Brazil 2-0 Netherlands.

filter15
    filter15's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brazil definatly!!

D3 Mighty Ducks

Correct score 2-0 Brazil +795 at Pinny.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck Wil. I'd like 3 goals to cash my OVER 2, but if it lands on 2 and Brazil wins, it helps my futures and gets me a push - not the worst thing in the world. Would love to see some damn offense though.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Good luck Wil. I'd like 3 goals to cash my OVER 2, but if it lands on 2 and Brazil wins, it helps my futures and gets me a push - not the worst thing in the world. Would love to see some damn offense though.
    These are my reasons for the 2-0 prediction:
    1) There won't be more than 1 goal in the 1H.
    2) When Brazil have the lead in the 2H, they'll dominate the possession by about a 2:1 ratio. So I don't see the Netherlands scoring once Brazil are in the lead. The Dutch defense is also disciplined enough to avoid total humiliation. So I don't see Brazil scoring more than 2.

GL with your Over play.
    BTW, the grand finale will be between Brazil and Argentina. As for the WC winner, I'm sorry to break your heart. Argentina will beat Brazil in the finals by a lone 2H goal.

onizuka
    onizuka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2533

Hmm I still not yet deciding to take Brazil or Netherlands..

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post

BTW, the grand finale will be between Brazil and Argentina. As for the WC winner, I'm sorry to break your heart. Argentina will beat Brazil in the finals by a lone 2H goal.
    1. How many points do you want to put up that Dutch don't score. I am open to at least 500 that they score.

2. Argentina will not beat Spain- what happened to Messi in the game against Mexico when Marquez was shadowing him? Puyol will do the same.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

1. How many points do you want to put up that Dutch don't score. I am open to at least 500 that they score.

2. Argentina will not beat Spain- what happened to Messi in the game against Mexico when Marquez was shadowing him? Puyol will do the same.

Pauulzcappin

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post

Argentina's defensive midfield is a joke. Marquez shut down Messi in the Mexico match and Puyol will do the same. They both know how Messi plays from Barca. Spain is dominate right now bro. Argentina is just an offense oriented team, they haven't faced a complete team like Spain.

Pauulzcappin

IF Argentina gets past Germany which I believe they will, they have everything to beat Spain.

Maradona has to get his head out of his and make Messi play closer to the goal, just have fukkin Di Maria carry the ball to the strikers.

Spain is in BIG trouble if that happens, trust me bro.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Argentina's defensive midfield is a joke. Marquez shut down Messi in the Mexico match and Puyol will do the same. They both know how Messi plays from Barca. Spain is dominate right now bro. Argentina is just an offense oriented team, they haven't faced a complete team like Spain.
    lol.....Argentina are leaving after the game with Germany.....there no need to talk how Puyol will shut Messi.....

Goat Milk

Pauul Di Maria is nothing are you kidding me. Spain will dominate possession for over 55% of that game. This team is the same deadly team that won the Euro. Argentina will get passed a young German team that had shown issues defending Gerrard and Lampard- both got opportunities at will and this will be the game that Messi burns them.

Argentina will not get passed Spain no matter how you look at it. We will bet betpoints later

The cup is going to spain this year bro. Argentina and Brazil will have their chance in 2014 when its in Brazil.

JogoBonito
    JogoBonito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

1. How many points do you want to put up that Dutch don't score. I am open to at least 500 that they score. :
    Ill play u 50 betpoints.. How are the lines of Netherlands going scoreless ?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by JogoBonito View Post

Ill play u 50 betpoints.. How are the lines of Netherlands going scoreless ?
    Gentleman's bet- even odds. Actually fukk it i'll give you 65 if Brazil hold them scoreless. Post up your 50 points.
    Points Awarded:

JogoBonito gave Goat Milk 50 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Pauulzcappin

If Argentina beats Germany I'll put up my betpoints against yours bro.

I'm just good with soccer, trust me on this.

Di Maria is a very good player that is due to a GREAT performance, that why Mourinho wants him to play for Real Madrid next year.

Tevez has been heating up and had an awesome game against Mexico, Argentina will face similar defense against Spain, not in individual talent, but the way the tactics are set.

D3 Mighty Ducks

I agree with Goat, I don't see Argentina getting by Spain. We'll see how they do against Paraguay because Paraguay has showed their no push over team either.

Pauulzcappin

And if there's a semi between Argentina and Spain I'll bet 250 points

Goat Milk

If Argentina beats Germany I'll put up my SBR points against yours bro.

I'm just good with soccer, trust me on this.

Di Maria is a very good player that is due to a GREAT performance, that why Mourinho wants him to play for Real Madrid next year.

Tevez has been heating up and had an awesome game against Mexico, Argentina will face similar defense against Spain, not in individual talent, but the way the tactics are set.
    You are completely ignoring Argentina's midfield and defense. Besides Mascherano back there, they are a complete joke my man. Who is gonna stop Villa Heinze? Spain TOYED with Portugal, a suppposed "best 3 defenses left in the cup"

It wasn't even a fair match. We'll see I expect Argentina to squeeze by Germany. Spain will have no problem with Paraguay. South American teams will have their chance next time. This is Europe's time.

JogoBonito
    JogoBonito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Gentleman's bet- even odds. Actually fukk it i'll give you 65 if Brazil hold them scoreless. Post up your 50 points.
    Deal . GL Bro, hope brazil's D demonstrate its real power.

Pegasus
    Pegasus's Avatar Become A Pro!

IF Argentina gets past Germany which I believe they will, they have everything to beat Spain.

Maradona has to get his head out of his and make Messi play closer to the goal, just have fukkin Di Maria carry the ball to the strikers.

Spain is in BIG trouble if that happens, trust me bro.

I don't think Argentina is better than Germany in penalty kicks. They may not be a better team on paper. But, they always find the way to reach the World cup final.

D3 Mighty Ducks

I personally think the cup is going to South American team being weather Uruguay, Paraguay, Brazil or Argentina. Its not a consequence that there are 4 out of 5 South American teams in the Final 8 of this tournament. Only S.American team out is Chile and they were knocked out by Brazil. Out of the 13 European clubs that qualified only 3 remain and thats not surprising at all. A EUROPEAN TEAM HAS NEVER WON A WC ON A DIFFERENT CONTINENT BESIDES EUROPE . I like Spain's chances against Argentina if they meet up in the semis but my bet is a S.American team will win the WC either Brazil or Argentina.

Lexis
    Lexis's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only Brazil won 2 world cups outside American Continent. I think it will be Germany vs Brazil re-match again.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Goat Milk,

Spain only play well when they have the lead. It won't be easy for them to get the lead against Argentina. Yes, Argentina's defense is questionable but they have more scoring options than Spain. Villa won't score in every game!

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    Goat Milk,

Spain only play well when they have the lead. It won't be easy for them to get the lead against Argentina. Yes, Argentina's defense is questionable but they have more scoring options than Spain. Villa won't score in every game!
    Spain hasn't even utilized Fabregas or Silva who are both better than every single player on Argentina except Messi and arguably Tevez. Spain didn't play only well when they have the lead. Everyone is falling for the stereotype that more goals=more dominance.

Spain didn't even allow Portugal to hold the ball for 10 seconds at ANY point in the game. Villa doesn't need to score- Spain is stacked with Weapons. Inesta and Xavi are also both better than every single player on Argentina except Messi- its not like these guys are just good on paper, their chemistry is untouchable.

We will see bro. I am one of the few people on this forum on Spain to win the cup and the majority of the good cappers are on Brazil. Post up your points as well if you don't thin kthe Dutch will score tomororw.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Dutch will score tomorrow. It will be a long range consolation goal from Sniejder, after Brazil is up 2-0 in the last 10 minutes.

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Wil, I just read the preview on ESPN and this is what I was "Brazil, however, likely must play without three midfielders Friday, with Ramires suspended and Felipe Melo doubtful with an ankle injury. Elano, also with an ankle injury, is out." How significant is this? Good luck buddy.

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Melo should be back so it should be fine, i don't find Josue very convincing, hopefully he doesn't play lol

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Dutch will score tomorrow. It will be a long range consolation goal from Sniejder, after Brazil is up 2-0 in the last 10 minutes.
    in advance

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

I would never put money on Holland at this stage of the competition. They could have lost to slovakia for crying out loud. The slovaks missed a couple of golden chances.

123 Last