SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

England/Belgium Both Teams to Score -192

I was looking at previous championships and third places matches in world cup history and noticed that the championships tend to end in low scoring draws and the third places matches tend to be high scoring. I am no soccer expert but I imagine thats because players dont try too hard in the third place match. That being said, a quick history of the third place match:

2014: Netherlands 3-0 Brazil
    2010: Uruguay 2-3 Germany
    2006: Germany 3-1 Portugal
    2002: South Korea 2-3 Turkey
    1998: Holland 1-2 Croatia
    1994: Sweden 4-0 Bulgaria
    1990: Italy 2-1 England
    1986: Belgium 2-4 France
    1982 - Poland 3-2 France
    1978 - Brazil 2-1 Italy
    1974 - Brazil 0-1 Poland
    1970 - Uruguay 0-1 Germany
    1966 - Portugal 2-1 Soviet Union
    1962 - Chile 1-0 Yugoslavia
    1958 - West Germany 3-6 France
    1954 - Uruguay 1-3 Austria
    1938 - Sweden 2-4 Brazil
    1934 - Germany 3-2 Austria

Interesting to note, English Striker Harry Kane has 6 goals and Belgium Striker Romelu Lukaku has 4 goals, putting them at the top of the leader board to win the gold boot. It looks like its Kanes to lose, but if Lukaku scores first, it could become very interesting.

I am interested in what the people who follow national soccer a lot more than me have to think.

FootyPicks1
    As He Faced The Sun He Cast No Shadow
    FootyPicks1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 969

I’d personally wait for the line ups, some over here in England believe Harry Kane was injured during the Croatia game, it should be high scoring, being a meaningless game but like I said, I’d wait for team news.

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by FootyPicks1 View Post
    I’d personally wait for the line ups, some over here in England believe Harry Kane was injured during the Croatia game, it should be high scoring, being a meaningless game but like I said, I’d wait for team news.
    Good to know. Thank you

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

GL today enjoy the game

FootyPicks1

Line ups are out, Kane and Lukaku both start, I can’t see belgium not scoring, England do have goalscorers on the pitch, just depends on what sort of mood the players want to play with, belgium ML at 2.25 looks good imo.

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

England have a patched up midfield today with only Trippier being a regular starter ( not sure he is 100% ). Its basically Belgiums " A " team , so i fully expect them to score...... England ?

BOL

SportsPedagogy

thanks guys. I got lucky. I got my times switched up and didn't get that bet in.
    I made small plays on Belgium, over 3, England to win 2-1 and Belgium to win 2-1 lol but much smaller loses than I was going to get if i jumped on Both to Score.
    Do they normally pull lots of people at the half or is this something new ?

FootyPicks1

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    thanks guys. I got lucky. I got my times switched up and didn't get that bet in.
    I made small plays on Belgium, over 3, England to win 2-1 and Belgium to win 2-1 lol but much smaller loses than I was going to get if i jumped on Both to Score.
    Do they normally pull lots of people at the half or is this something new ?
    It’s because it’s a meaningless game, both sides lost their semi finals so there’s no margin for error in this game, England had chances and on another day they would’ve both scored buts its a dangerous game to bet on because you don’t know what the players mind set is.

FootyPicks1

Quote Originally Posted by FootyPicks1 View Post
    It’s because it’s a meaningless game, both sides lost their semi finals so there’s no margin for error in this game, England had chances and on another day they would’ve both scored buts its a dangerous game to bet on because you don’t know what the players mind set is.
    A lot more margin for error sorry.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Harry Kane checked out,he could have easily gotten two goals.