piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1148

On this bet could be only 2 results -bet win or lose so dead heat rules not apply for this market.
    Its sbobet system problem because they not graded bet correctly
    Last edited by piterp; 07-01-18 at 02:57 AM.

AlboX
    AlboX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Here you have a part of chat with Sbo Manager:

suwanto
    12:51 p.m.

I get that you are not happy with how your bet was graded

12:51 p.m.
    alboxperto[1000507610](en)
    clearly I won a hard bet and you are not paying me

suwanto
    12:52 p.m.

But allow me to clarify, that this is an outright bet, and at the time that we listed the odds, there were other teams from all groups included in the market

and your collegue is giving me a lot of no sense explanation

suwanto

So the market was not only teams from Group where Uruguay was placed in, but others as well

12:53 p.m.
    Thats ridiculous. Odds should be at least 7.00 if dead heat is involved as rule.

12:53 p.m.
    you made a mistake

suwanto
    12:54 p.m.

At the end of group stage, there were 3 teams who managed to win all their group games, therefore your winnings would have to be divided according to the number of winning teams in this category

12:54 p.m.
    my bet didn't say that

12:55 p.m.
    please, explain me this situation: Urugay to win Portugal in 90 min and France to reach 1/4 finals both bets says outright beside, so what now ? ... if anybody else reaches 1/4 final or anyone else wins in 90 minutes in last 16 round ... Dead Heat rule applies ??? because it`s an outright bet now?

suwanto
    12:55 p.m.

Basically the market involved not only teams under Group A ie. Uruguay, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt

suwanto
    12:57 p.m.

Dead Heat rule will not apply to those Team to Reach The Quarter Final, because there will e definitely be 4 winners here in this category

12:58 p.m.
    yes it is obvious!

In my bet don't apply too. Beacuse it is yes or not bet. Win or lose

suwanto

Sir, that is not correct, because we listed also teams from other groups

12:59 p.m.
    definitely not, read my bet

12:59 p.m.
    uruguay to win all their group games, was around 5.2.. 2.45 x 1.27 x 1.60 roughly.. your bets a winner 100%. It is a very simple parlay

1:00 p.m.
    No logic your answer sir

suwanto
    1:01 p.m.

Alright Sir, one question, when you placed this bet did you or did you not see all the teams listed in this outright category?

suwanto
    1:03 p.m.

The bet involves all teams/competitors who participate in the tournament

1:04 p.m.
    The bet is clear and odds too. Uruguay to win all group matches. And odds are the same to bet a parlay bet. If you involve other groups. Odds would be bigger than this

1:05 p.m.
    uruguay won all groups matches, bet won, you don't need any more

1:06 p.m.
    In fact. your sytem payed me the right money, but then You took it off

suwanto
    1:06 p.m.

Sir, the bet in question is an outright bet where all teams were listed in the group, prior to the commencement of the tournament

1:07 p.m.
    What about the odds?

1:07 p.m.
    Would be no sense bet

1:08 p.m.
    somebody made a mistake here and It wasn't me

suwanto
    1:10 p.m.

The odds of each qualified team in the tournament was offered individually in this Outright - To Win All Group Games

suwanto
    1:11 p.m.

Each team was available for betting in the outright, therefore we would have to apply dead heat in case there are more than 1 winners

1:12 p.m.
    no sense. Odds would be biggers. Every team that won all grouop matches should be get full paid. Because they won all those group matches

suwanto
    1:14 p.m.

I do apologize Sir, but in case there are more than 1 winners then dead heat rule applies

1:15 p.m.
    please pay me my money I won fair bet

suwanto
    1:18 p.m.

I can see that you are not happy on this occasion, but I can assure you that settlement had been made in accordance to our rule

suwanto
    1:18 p.m.

We appreciate your understanding

lonnie55
    lonnie55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12267

So again, if there were 5 other group winners each with 9 points, you would have lost ~17% of your money according to SBO's logic

Maybe they are acting within their rules but it's still a shame they don't do the right thing and just pay you the full amount. At least as a gesture of good will

They messed it up because they didn't give you higher odds for the outright market but the odds you would expect for the yes or no bet you made

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2422

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post
    So again, if there were 5 other group winners each with 9 points, you would have lost ~17% of your money according to SBO's logic

Maybe they are acting within their rules but it's still a shame they don't do the right thing and just pay you the full amount. At least as a gesture of good will

They messed it up because they didn't give you higher odds for the outright market but the odds you would expect for the yes or no bet you made
    Good will is when the book gives you the benefit of the doubt, or something extra when they dont have to. Settling a bet at correct odds/terms is not a gesture of good will.

If they are insisting its a dead heat - then the odds are completely wrong and it would fall into the palpable error rule. However as no other book would offer such a bet (so much chance of a tie) it would be hard to get the right price - and it may be void.

maybe write a formal email, explaining the situation. Explain they had Uruguay over 7.5 points @ 5.00 and that your bet has less chance of hitting - so should be more odds.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by lonnie55 View Post

It certainly appears that something is not right here. Either SBO listed the market the wrong way, or calculated the odds incorrectly.

I do not agree that they should reduce the OPs payout, but as said in my first response, unfortunately their rules really do say they grade this type of market this way and if they want to be player-unfriendly and stick to that, they kind of have grounds to do so.

chuda
    chuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14266

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    It certainly appears that something is not right here. Either SBO listed the market the wrong way, or calculated the odds incorrectly.

I do not agree that they should reduce the OPs payout, but as said in my first response, unfortunately their rules really do say they grade this type of market this way and if they want to be player-unfriendly and stick to that, they kind of have grounds to do so.
    hi my Australian friend..

they have grounds to do so.... because its unfair to 2nd party.... it`s clearly states _ they can`t loose !

piterp
    piterp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1148

Their rules are simple robbery in this case they cant apply dead heat rules for 2 separate not connected markets
    from google
    A Dead Heat is calculated by dividing the stake proportionally between the number of winners in the event. So, in a two-way Dead Heat (2 winners) for example, your return will be half of what it could have been. This can be referred to as half-face value of the bet, or a bet for half the original stake.

cashin81
    hvob

i dont think they meant to put outright.

but now they have, if a manager reads it - they wont realise its a mistake.

maybe a football trader needs to look.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11819

Sounds to me like no one in this book has any betting experiance whatsoever. Its an obvious grading error, so simple to see for anyone with even minimal betting experiance.

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Did Sbr contact them after you filed a complaint? Everybody should make a screenshots when bet so you have proof if they start acting shady.

cashin81
    hvob

How has this not been paid yet?

hes getting 1.33 on uruguay to win 3 games

AlboX

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18983

I can't tell what SBOBET is claiming this bet to be without being able to see what odds were available on other teams/Groups. It's hard to see this as a 'which Group' does 'whatever' when the op's image, (assuming it's genuine), says Uruguay rather than Group A. SBOBET should be asked for the full pre-tournament odds on this market and their interpretation of what the bet was. Without further details and/or explanation from them I can't what else this bet could be other than a bet on Uruguay to gain 9 points from their 3 Group A games. The odds for this this interpretation are what would be expected on the bet as stated by the op and would not be affected by matches outside Group A.

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

Funny question: Had no team in group stage won 3 games, the "No" would be dead heat between 32 teams?

cashin81
    hvob

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Funny question: Had no team in group stage won 3 games, the "No" would be dead heat between 32 teams?
    u bring up a good point.

it could be, if NO ONE won their 3 games, the bet could still be a winner and tie. say if uru and france and brazil tied on 7points, dead heat?
    that would mean uru didnt actually have to win their 3 games, and put the over 7.5 points @ 5.00 theory to bed.

but i dont think so... OP ask them via email " what would need to happen for this bet to to win @ 5.00?, with a full payout?" and post their response.

AlboX

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    u bring up a good point.

it could be, if NO ONE won their 3 games, the bet could still be a winner and tie. say if uru and france and brazil tied on 7points, dead heat?
    that would mean uru didnt actually have to win their 3 games, and put the over 7.5 points @ 5.00 theory to bed.

but i dont think so... OP ask them via email " what would need to happen for this bet to to win @ 5.00?, with a full payout?" and post their response.
    6:23 p.m.
    So, what would need to happen for this bet to to win @ 5.00?, with a full payout?

vincent
    6:24 p.m.

If Uruguay was the ONLY team To Win All Group Games, your winning amount would be calculated differently with the odds price of 5.000.

AlboX

In both websites don't appear SBObet I guess because those websites is only for british bookies. And SBObet is asian

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by AlboX View Post
    [FONT="][FONT="]
    6:23 p.m.
    So, what would need to happen for this bet to to win @ 5.00?, with a full payout?

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT="][FONT="]vincent
    6:24 p.m.

If Uruguay was the ONLY team To Win All Group Games, your winning amount would be calculated differently with the odds price of 5.000.

[/FONT]

[/FONT]
    Well, you have the answer, and it's clearly a wrong answer. +500 was the correct price for Uruguay to win all 3 games. Results from other Groups do not figure in to this. This is the equivalent of backing Uruguay to win Group A pre-tournament at -115 and the winning bet being declared as an 8-way dead heat because 7 other teams won their Groups. It's hard to imagine any independent adjudicator seeing it any other way. Paying anything short of the full amount is theft.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.

I believe you should try a different approach with SBObet customer service. Try this:

I bet on Uruguay to win all 3 group games at +500. If you look at the prices of their 3 games before the tournament, a parlay on Uruguay to win in each of their 3 games would have been +500. If you compare the prices on each of the other 31 teams to win all 3 of their Group games with the prices on each team's 3 Group games you will see the price to win all 3 games and the parlay price of winning all 3 games are the same. Results from other Groups are not relevant to my win all 3 Group A games bet. Settling my bet as a 3-way dead-heat is like settling a pre-tournament bet on Uruguay to win Group A at -115 as an 8-way dead-heat. Could you please ask a manager to look at my bet again. Thank you.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    There was no "No" option. That is the crux of the problem.

SBO listed it as an outright market with all 32 teams as options.

cashin81
    hvob

This is so bad, cant someone help him?

send an email to sbobet, dont use livechat.

First 12