JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

The NBA and NFL African teams are pretty damn good.. I respectively disagree.. ..

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    What does color have to do with Africa? Other than most stupid Americans think that the African continent is 100% black and that everyone is living in huts, with a straw skirt and open boobs.
    It has everything to do with Africa. The guy who I was responding to is saying that the Romans and the Greeks got their ideas from the Egyptians and he is making the claim that they were black which is a lie.
    This was before the Arab takeover of northern Africa
    Claiming that they were black before they were brown. They never were black.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    It has everything to do with Africa. The guy who I was responding to is saying that the Romans and the Greeks got their ideas from the Egyptians and he is making the claim that they were black which is a lie.
    Claiming that they were black before they were brown. They never were black.
    Maybe I missed something but I saw nothing in his post about color????

and my point is again... what does it matter? Why input color into the African continent? The only people that do that are Americans. Especially the ones that think all of Africa is a shit hole.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3704

He did say that African teams are bad, not black athletes.

Finding two black players in the English starting lineup was real rare 10 years ago. Look at them now. Finding two white players in the S11 is rare now. What it tells? Many nations are trying to copy the blueprint of French national team in which majority players are black, some notable players were Makalele, Patrick Vierra and Henry etc. And Makalele was the best defensive midfielder in his time. Well, you can look at the Belgium team, too. What I can tell you that English team with just white players alone cannot even win Euro cup, let alone WC. It would not surprise me if India, which is a third big economy, qualifies for WC with the black and S.American players.

The problems with the African teams are funding, right program, corruption etc.

That being said Blacks hadn't done anything worthwhile to mankind in art or architecture or medical field or technology.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post

Finding two black players in the English starting lineup was real rare 10 years ago. Look at them now. Finding two white players in the S11 is rare now. What it tells? Many nations are trying to copy the blueprint of French national team in which majority players are black, some notable players were Makalele, Patrick Vierra and Henry etc. And Makalele was the best defensive midfielder in his time. Well, you can look at the Belgium team, too. What I can tell you that English team with just white players alone cannot even win Euro cup, let alone WC. It would not surprise me if India, which is a third big economy, qualifies for WC with the black and S.American players.

That being said Blacks hadn't done anything worthwhile to mankind in art or architecture or medical field or technology.
    That's racist even if it's a true fact.. Tread carefully my friend.. These things we can't discuss, it's not socially accepted in this day and age..

I personally challenge black people to do better in the world.. I hope for it... I mean that.. Stop looking for the free Government hand outs and free ride, stay in school, stay married if you have kids and be a role model for them... Be responsible in life and have goals.. Stop voting Democratic would be a good start also to really help the black communities..

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    No Muslim teams either.
    England

Mac4Lyfe

The stupidity in this forum cannot be understated. Some of you guys are pathetic souls that really show how dumb you are when you post. You really need a history lesson but you're too dumb to retain facts anyway. You need to watch the movie Hidden Figures, where 3 black women did all the calculations for NASA to land a man on the fukking moon. They were ahead of the computers you idiot.

I'll start it off for you... If it wasn't for this black lady, you wouldn't be able to surf the internet today. Dummy.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]Dr. Shirley Jackson is an American physicist who received her Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1973. She was the first African-American woman to earn a doctorate in nuclear physics at MIT. In addition to her lengthy list of academic achievements, she also has an impressive number of inventions under her belt.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]Her experiments with theoretical physics paved the way for numerous developments in the telecommunication space including the touch-tone telephone, the portable fax, caller ID, call waiting, and the fiber-optic cable.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.84)]Today, Dr. Shirley Jackson is the 18th president of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York.[/COLOR]

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    That's racist even if it's a true fact.. Tread carefully my friend.. These things we can't discuss, it's not socially accepted in this day and age..
    I personally challenge black people to do better in the world.. I hope for it... I mean that.. Stop looking for the free Government hand outs and free ride, stay in school, stay married if you have kids and be a role model for them... Be responsible in life and have goals.. Stop voting Democratic would be a good start also to really help the black communities..
    Now, you've given Jibbby a pass to spew his black hate.

Mac4Lyfe

Inventor and engineer Lewis Latimer was born in Chelsea, Massachusetts, on September 4, 1848. He collaborated with science greats Hiram Maxim and Thomas Edison.
    One of Latimer’s greatest inventions was the carbon filament, a vital component of the light bulb. His inventions didn’t stop there, working with Alexander Graham Bell, Latimer helped draft the patent for Bell’s design of the telephone. This genius also designed an improved railroad car bathroom and an early air conditioning unit. So the next time you’re escaping a hot day inside your cool house, don’t forget to thank Lewis Latimer.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Now, you've given Jibbby a pass to spew his black hate.
    Reading comprehension fail as usual for Mac..

I have zero hate for black people but I do keep it real and in your face...

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO

Lol! They cannot even feed their own people in the very fertile land of Africa, much less anything worthwhile to mankind.

Mac4Lyfe

Otis Boykin’s most notable contribution to science was likely the circuit improvements he made to pacemakers after losing his mother to heart failure — a contribution that has saved countless lives since. But this single improvement was among a long list of achievements.
    Boykin had 26 patents in his name and is famed for the development of IBM computers, burglar-proof cash register, chemical air filters, and an electronic resistor used in controlled missiles and other devices.

Mac4Lyfe

Reading comprehension fail as usual for Mac.. I have zero hate for black people but I do keep it real and in your face...
    Jibbby - you are the most racist person in these forums. Maybe the most racist person in California. You'll have to answer for your hate one day.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Inventor and engineer Lewis Latimer was born in Chelsea, Massachusetts, on September 4, 1848. He collaborated with science greats Hiram Maxim and Thomas Edison.
    One of Latimer’s greatest inventions was the carbon filament, a vital component of the light bulb. His inventions didn’t stop there, working with Alexander Graham Bell, Latimer helped draft the patent for Bell’s design of the telephone. This genius also designed an improved railroad car bathroom and an early air conditioning unit. So the next time you’re escaping a hot day inside your cool house, don’t forget to thank Lewis Latimer.
    Black inventors there has been many thru out history, great minded people with vision.. Lately not much though..

http://blackinventor.com/
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-28-18 at 10:55 PM.

Mac4Lyfe

Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood. Thanks to Charles Drew, that blood is available. Drew was a physician, surgeon, and medical researcher who worked with a team at Red Cross on groundbreaking discoveries around blood transfusions. In World War II, he played a major role in developing the first large-scale blood banks and blood plasma programs.

He also invented the, and get ready because this name is pretty charming — bloodmobiles. These are the refrigerated trucks that, to this day, safely transport stored blood to the location where it is needed most.

Drew was one of the most prominent doctors working in his field, and one of the only African-Americans, during a time when blood donation was still separated along lines of race. Drew eventually resigned from his position with the American Red Cross over their insistence on adhering to this policy. It was 1950 before the Red Cross finally recognized all blood as being equal.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

I'll start it off for you... If it wasn't for this black lady, you wouldn't be able to surf the internet today. Dummy.
    [/COLOR]
    Yep, her and Al Gore.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jibbby - you are the most racist person in these forums. Maybe the most racist person in California. You'll have to answer for your hate one day.
    Really, let me know what you really think about me.. .. Don't hold back now Mac.. Lol...

Mac4Lyfe

Black inventors their has been many thru out history, great minded people with vision.. Lately not much though..
    Nice jab then move... You like to applaud blacks and Hispanics on one hand, then put them down in the other hand. Badly played.

A simple look would see that many blacks are inventing things today. Go to silicon valley and see all the black entrepreneurs doing VC work. Most phones today use voip technology invented by this woman...

In 2013, Marian Croak was inducted into Women in Technology International’s hall of fame, a move that recognizes her remarkable achievements in tech. Croak holds over 135 patents, primarily in voice-over Internet protocol (VoIP), some in other areas. She has another 100 patents currently under review.

Today, Marian is an SVP at AT&T, serves as a mentor for women in AT&T labs, and sits on the board for the Holocaust, Genocide and Human Rights Education Center.

Mac4Lyfe

Jibbby is the king of gifs, jpegs and memes. He doesn't even know he has a black lady to thank. One that is actually younger than him and not in the distant past that he somehow believes.

If you ever enjoyed an animated Gif on the web, like this one amazing clip of a kitten being scared by an iguana, then you have Lisa Gelobter to thank.

Gelobter was integrally involved with the advent of Shockwave, a technology that formed the beginning of web animation. She also played a major role in the emergency of online video, later serving on the senior management team at Hulu.

Previously, Lisa was the Interim Head of Digital for BET Networks and ran Technology, Product and Business Operations. Today, you can catch Lisa at the White House, in the United States Digital Service. She is currently serving as the Chief Digital Service Officer with the US Department of Education.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO

Why Africa is begging for food for last 5 decades is beyond me, not to mention it's a very fertile land for agriculture. Look at Japan and German after WWII.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Nice jab then move... You like to applaud blacks and Hispanics on one hand, then put them down in the other hand. Badly played.

A simple look would see that many blacks are inventing things today. Go to silicon valley and see all the black entrepreneurs doing VC work. Most phones today use voip technology invented by this woman...

In 2013, Marian Croak was inducted into Women in Technology International’s hall of fame, a move that recognizes her remarkable achievements in tech. Croak holds over 135 patents, primarily in voice-over Internet protocol (VoIP), some in other areas. She has another 100 patents currently under review.

Today, Marian is an SVP at AT&T, serves as a mentor for women in AT&T labs, and sits on the board for the Holocaust, Genocide and Human Rights Education Center.
    I put down low life white meth head trailer trash also.. You have selective reading comprehension..

Society and media today plays the race card and divides when people are really just people regardless of the color of your skin.. So we tend to stereotype if brave to help create change for the better.. You call that racism, I call that bringing about awareness and stating the facts...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 06-28-18 at 11:09 PM.

Mac4Lyfe

If it wasn't for the contributions of this black man, we would not enjoy the freedom we have today. He was instrumental in the Manhattan Project which afforded us nuclear detente today. He earned his doctorate at 19 at University of Chicago which was the main university for nuclear physics.

Jesse Ernest Wilkins, Jr. is one of America’s most important contemporary mathematicians. At 13, he became the University of Chicago’s youngest student. Wilkins continued his studies there, earning bachelor, master, and eventually earning his doctorate degree in mathematics at the age of 19.

He’s published papers in mathematics, optics, and nuclear engineering. As a mathematician for the American Optical Company in Buffalo, N.Y., he perfected lens design for microscopes and ophthalmologic uses. His greatest contribution to scholarship was the development of mathematical models to explain gamma radiation and his work on developing a shielding against gamma radiation.

His other claim to fame came from working on the Manhattan Project. At the Manhattan Project, Wilkins worked with future Nobel laureate Eugene Wigner and made significant contributions to nuclear-reactor physics, now known as the Wilkins effect and the Wigner-Wilkins spectrum.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Why Africa is begging for food for last 5 decades is beyond me, not to mention it's a very fertile land for agriculture. Look at Japan and German after WWII.
    Lack of structured education and birth control awareness.. Those poor Countries in West Africa are truly corrupt and the people really are oppressed.. Little opportunity and just trying to survive..

Mac4Lyfe

I put down low life white meth head trailer trash also.. You have selective reading comprehension..
    Society and media today plays the race card and divides when people are really just people regardless of the color of your skin.. So we tend to stereotype if brave to help create change for the better.. You call that racism, I call that bringing about awareness...
    You might put down other races but not nearly as much as you put down black and Hispanic. Like 100 to 1. Very disproportionate. It's disturbing but to be expected by you. You are consumed with color, white, black, brown, yellow... I ask again, "why does it matter"? If they're a meth head, who cares if they are white, black, purple?

This thread turned into an issue of color when someone ASSUMED that the conversation was about color when it was about Africa.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO

If it wasn't for the contributions of this black man, we would not enjoy the freedom we have today. He was instrumental in the Manhattan Project which afforded us nuclear detente today. He earned his doctorate at 19 at University of Chicago which was the main university for nuclear physics.

Jesse Ernest Wilkins, Jr. is one of America’s most important contemporary mathematicians. At 13, he became the University of Chicago’s youngest student. Wilkins continued his studies there, earning bachelor, master, and eventually earning his doctorate degree in mathematics at the age of 19.

He’s published papers in mathematics, optics, and nuclear engineering. As a mathematician for the American Optical Company in Buffalo, N.Y., he perfected lens design for microscopes and ophthalmologic uses. His greatest contribution to scholarship was the development of mathematical models to explain gamma radiation and his work on developing a shielding against gamma radiation.

His other claim to fame came from working on the Manhattan Project. At the Manhattan Project, Wilkins worked with future Nobel laureate Eugene Wigner and made significant contributions to nuclear-reactor physics, now known as the Wilkins effect and the Wigner-Wilkins spectrum.
    Mac, I'm wondering any blacks were part of original findings which were building blocks for mankind's progress like inventor of 'electricity', gravitational theory, atomic elements, Pythagorean theorem, quantum theory etc. What happened in the last 50 years belongs to all communities.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You might put down other races but not nearly as much as you put down black and Hispanic. Like 100 to 1. Very disproportionate. It's disturbing but to be expected by you. You are consumed with color, white, black, brown, yellow... I ask again, "why does it matter"? If they're a meth head, who cares if they are white, black, purple?

This thread turned into an issue of color when someone ASSUMED that the conversation was about color when it was about Africa.
    What ever you say Mac.. I've learned to kinda ignore your non sense judging posts lately.. Get a grip bud and look in the mirror yourself....

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They cannot score

Always promote aggressive defense as kids
    2.5 Shift JJ

Mac4Lyfe

Mac, I'm wondering any blacks were part of original findings which were building blocks for mankind's progress like inventor of 'electricity', gravitational theory, atomic elements, Pythagorean theorem, quantum theory etc. What happened in the last 50 years belongs to all communities.
    The Great Pyramid of Giza was built by... Pharaoh Khufu. Who was... a black Egyptian.
    The whole matter of black or white Egyptians is a chimera, cultural baggage from our own society that can only be imposed artificially on ancient Egyptian society. The ancient Egyptians, like their modern descendants, were of varying complexions of color, from the light Mediterranean type (like Nefertiti), to the light brown of Middle Egypt, to the darker brown of Upper Egypt, to the darkest shade around Aswan and the First Cataract region, where even today, the population shifts to Nubian.1

Ancient and modern Egyptian hair ranges from straight to wavy to woolly; in color, it varies from reddish brown to dark brown to black. Lips range from thin to full. Many Egyptians possess a protrusive jaw. Noses vary from high-bridged—straight to arched or even hooked—to flat-bridged, with bulbous to broad nostrils. In short, ancient Egypt, like modern Egypt, consisted of a very heterogeneous population.
    The evidence regarding these features of ancient Egyptians comes from literature, anthropology, mummies, sculptures, paintings and inscriptions—all left by the ancient Egyptians themselves.

For example, the mummies and skeletons of ancient Egyptians indicate they were Africans of the Afro-Asiatic ethnic grouping (the term “Afro-Asiatic” has displaced the less accurate designation “Hamitic”). This is the population of Northern Africa, the Sahara and sub-Sahara regions. Their physical features vary as described above. No doubt, many darker-colored Egyptians would be called black in our modern, race-conscious terminology.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Another very interesting black man was Benjamin Banneker.
    Banneker's true acclaim, however, came from his almanacs, which he published for six consecutive years during the later years of his life, between 1792 and 1797. These handbooks included his own astronomical calculations as well as opinion pieces, literature and medical and tidal information, with the latter particularly useful to fishermen. Outside of his almanacs, Banneker also published information on bees and calculated the cycle of the 17-year locust.

Mac4Lyfe

What ever you say Mac.. I've learned to kinda ignore your non sense judging posts lately.. Get a grip bud and look in the mirror yourself....
    I look in the mirror every day. If I made inflammatory/false comments about people's sex, color, religion, etc., I'd expect you to call me out on it as well.

inter1097
    inter1097's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5861

Senegal and Nigeria played well. Senegal's elimination was from that weird ass fair play points rule

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Not a soccer fan but I enjoyed watching Senegal and Nigeria as much or more than
    touted power teams of Germany and Argentina.

calforce
    calforce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

coming from a specialist in joke plays,i get LB

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Afuca has the same problem that other areas have. Corruption.
    This badly, I remember a league a few seasons ago that no overseas books had lines on. I think there was only a few away wins all season because teams were paid off or scared to win.

Google brought up this link which has some comical/sad posts:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...check_out_the/

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Well the reason Englands doing so well is because of Harry Kane,are black players werent getting us out of the group.

South America and Mexico have always had the same problems as Africa but they've done well for decades,stop with the excuses.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 06-29-18 at 02:12 AM.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I look in the mirror every day. If I made inflammatory/false comments about people's sex, color, religion, etc., I'd expect you to call me out on it as well.
    LOL @ the newly appointed SBR PC police.

I mean, what could go wrong?

First 12345 ... Last