unitedlad
    unitedlad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7803

Real Madrid o59.5% possesion

Only bet of the night for me is Real Madrid over 59.5% Possesion.

I was actually surprised at how superior Real were last week against Atleti. They should really have the tie pretty much wrapped up going into the 2nd leg but impressive young goalkeeper Oblak made some outstanding saves to keep his side in it.

I felt that Atletico really tried to slow down the game and not push too many players forward once they saw how blisteringly fast Real were trying to attack once winning the ball back in their own half. I think this lead to real only ending the game with 58% possesion.

This game tonight will be even more dominant for Real, and most likely the most dominant performance in the past few years, with Atleti happy to work their butts off, as they always do, and soak up the pressure.

Atletico Madrid's side will suffer, I feel, with the lack of cutting edge in their team this year. Their key man, Antoine Griezmann is going to be playing in the biggest game of his life tonight and I'm not quite sure if he is going to react the way the fans in red and white will expect him to. He doesn't seem to have that same desire and work rate the rest of the team has, and when your playing in the Bernabeu against the European Champions, you can't afford to have a passenger on your team. This will also allow Real to play comfortably out from the back.

The reason I'm going for the possession bet rather than the moneyline is the fact that it's the Madrid derby, and Atletico do have the ability to frustrate Real with the amount of hard working men behind the ball, and obviously anything can happen in all derby games - form really goes out the window.

I think the most predictable thing about this game is that Real, even with Modric and Bale missing from the middle of the park - with Isco, Kroos, Illarramendi most likely making up the midfield 3 - still have far more technical ability than Atletico and really should control the game and continue to probe in order to break down the stubborn underdogs.

Let's hope I'm right.

Predication:
    Real Madrid 1-0
    Real Madrid possession: 65%
    Ronaldo 1st and only goalscorer

ace_202
    ace_202's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

That's a handy bet that one. I wish my book offered possession time. I don't see Real winning but it is definitely a good bet. Not too sure on your evaluation of the frenchman either, BOL nevertheless.

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

lol'd at this clown trying to fault griezmann's ''work rate'' he works just as hard as every one else on that team and it's not his work rate that's an issue it's his fitness that lets him down at times as in endurance where he'll get subbed off after playing around 60-70 minutes.

unitedlad

Maybe work rate was the incorrect word to use, but his positional discipline is certainly no on the same level as Gabi, Tiago, Arda or Suarez, even Mandzukic will totally sacrifice his offensive duties in order to grind out games. Griezmann is the flair player on the team, and I'm not expecting much from him tonight. I think the pressure will get to him.

plekz

he's grinded plenty all season, you see simeone isn't the type of coach that let's you play unless you do, no matter if you are the star of the team or 3rd choice on the bench. this is also why griezmann enjoyed the bench quite frequently at the begining of his tenure at atleti.

feels like you haven't been watching that many atleti games at all this season, considering no one else shares this ''opinion'' about griezmann and instead are talking about how much he's grown since leavin villa.

and what pressure? it's real more then anything who are up shits creek here, one goal against means they have to produce two, atleti get one against them so long they get one back and it's still extra time. not to mention the mental edge they enjoy over real with the results they have against them during the last couple of seasons.

ancelotti threw everything and the kitchen sink at them last time and came away with no result. now he needs to do that again, but without modric,marcelo,bale and benzema. (all of them started last time out)

ancelotti ain't no tactician, you give him a club like atleti and he would sink there, ronaldo or james are gonna have to come up big tonight or chances are rm are gonna struggle badly with atleti.

basicly they desperatly need an early goal.
    Last edited by plekz; 04-22-15 at 07:04 AM.

unitedlad

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    he's grinded plenty all season, you see simeone isn't the type of coach that let's you play unless you do, no matter if you are the star of the team or 3rd choice on the bench. this is also why griezmann enjoyed the bench quite frequently at the begining of his tenure at atleti.
    I disagree, I've seen on several occasions this season where he has put his head down when pass and solo runs weren't coming off, and the team as a whole were being shut out by stubborn defences. He was bought for his flair and ability to do something special rather than his positional discipline and eagerness to close down from the front

feels like you haven't been watching that many atleti games at all this season, considering no one else shares this ''opinion'' about griezmann and instead are talking about how much he's grown since leavin villa.
    He was bought from Real Sociedad. 'No one else shares my opninion' - only one other person has commented.

and what pressure? it's real more then anything who are up shits creek here, one goal against means they have to produce two, atleti get one against them so long they get one back and it's still extra time. not to mention the mental edge they enjoy over real with the results they have against them during the last couple of seasons.
    You don't think a player like Griezmann, who is playing his first season in the knock-out stages of the Champions League, going into a Quarter final 2nd leg at the Bernabeu against the European champions is going to feel pressure? Especially him being the main attacking outlet?

If there are any goals scored tonight, there will be no extra time. The first leg finished 0-0.

I just don't think Atletico have that same cutting edge as last year with losing Diego Costa and Felipe Luis. Also with Gabi and Tiago (the core of their midfield)getting a year older - they will find it more difficult to keep up with Real's young legs.

Of course Atletico have a chance here and it is, like I predicted in my original post, most likely going to be a close game - remember I haven't placed a bet on Real Madrid to go through - it's just a prediction.

ancelotti threw everything and the kitchen sink at them last time and came away with no result. now he needs to do that again, but without modric,marcelo,bale and benzema. (all of them started last time out)
    You think Real Madrid were at their best last week in the 1st leg? Really? they were pretty dire in front of goal which is very unlike them. If they get them same chances tonight, the game will be over at HT, but I don't suspect they will. Atleti will start the game playing deep and make it very difficult for Real to break down.

ancelotti ain't no tactician, you give him a club like atleti and he would sink there, ronaldo or james are gonna have to come up big tonight or chances are rm are gonna struggle badly with atleti.

basicly they desperatly need an early goal.
    You don't need to be a tactical genious with Ronaldo, Kroos and Isco on your team.

Ancelotti's European record speaks for itself. The guy is a class act, and he will be prepared for this well-drilled Atleti team tonight.

It will be an excellent match, and one I am thoroughly looking forward to.

Rudeboy
    Lovely Jubbly
    Rudeboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

I give atletico the edge with oblak on form and casillas I can see let in a few goals, athletics gameplan will suit them on the counter I can see them hurting real for sure, value with the away side for me especially with modric out and hernandez playing so little game time.

plekz

Quote Originally Posted by unitedlad View Post
    I disagree, I've seen on several occasions this season where he has put his head down when pass and solo runs weren't coming off, and the team as a whole were being shut out by stubborn defences. He was bought for his flair and ability to do something special rather than his positional discipline and eagerness to close down from the front
    atleti have never previously bought players like that, and griezmann isn't the exception to the rule, like i said that's why he was riding the bench until he was ready and able to pull his weight allround not just infront of goal.

No one else shares my opninion' - only one other person has commented.
    i'm talking about reputable sources, aside from his fitness level being a ? at times you really can't dig up anything negative about him.

You don't think a player like Griezmann, who is playing his first season in the knock-out stages of the Champions League, going into a Quarter final 2nd leg at the Bernabeu against the European champions is going to feel pressure? Especially him being the main attacking outlet?
    except he's not, he'll have mandzukic with him aswell. and he's not shown any signs of it previously in his career in the bigger games, if anything he's upped his work rate.

I just don't think Atletico have that same cutting edge as last year with losing Diego Costa and Felipe Luis. Also with Gabi and Tiago (the core of their midfield)getting a year older - they will find it more difficult to keep up with Real's young legs.
    griezmann is alot more verstaille then costa is. if anything it's there aging midfield that's let them down at times more so then their attack options. and i can't think of a single instance all season where i would've thought ''man if only they didn't sell felipe luis''

courtois on the other hand have been missed at times.

You think Real Madrid were at their best last week in the 1st leg? Really? they were pretty dire in front of goal which is very unlike them. If they get them same chances tonight, the game will be over at HT, but I don't suspect they will. Atleti will start the game playing deep and make it very difficult for Real to break down.
    i think they tried to play at atleti's tempo for aslong as they could, and in the end they got naught for it, they tried to play just as physical and grinding as atleti does and came up with zero for their efforts. reason being probably because ancelotti feels lost as to how he's supposed to beat simeone, and the mental edge that simeone has over him is getting to him.

You don't need to be a tactical genious with Ronaldo, Kroos and Isco on your team.
    modric is the wizard in that team, ronaldo creates very little on his own. and kroos is mostly just directing traffic. and isco has shown his age several times when real's back has been against the wall lashing out and doing really dumb things.

unitedlad

Yep...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Rudeboy

plekz

Yep...
    yeah it took ramos to fake a foul and a red card for real to score a single goal. mightiliy impressive indeed.

ronaldo or james are gonna have to come up big tonight or chances are rm are gonna struggle badly with atleti.
    and this is exactly what happened, except they also needed the aid of a red to get there, but james was the guy that set that entire play in motion.

Betlitelli
    Update your status
    Betlitelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2898

Good analyzed Dexter especially with Griezman flopped, great prediction ... anyway Real should score earlier and bet would be probably lost...

Atletico didnt deserve a shit, Leverkusen should kill them off in 1game or even in penalties where German teams almost never lost but of course silly coach decided to allow shoot turkish players...Well deserved red but R.Garcia should get red earlier, very dirty team who is outplayed in most aways games even vs Celta Vigo and now we have fan kid crying like little baby after red. LOL

Ancelotti fcked again Simeone just like he did with Guardiola or Ferguson, great move with Ramos as DMF.That`s way he is one of the best coaches in buisness for top teams.Maybe the best. ATM predictable as always, no cheap goals from counter or set pieces= nothing, one dimensional team.

Ronaldo created on his own more than ATM together with 10players + substitutions.Great set-up.

plekz

how did griezmann ''flop'' it's very hard to create when you get instructions that forces you into taking defensive duties all the time, which is what he was on for most of the game.

it's pretty hilarious seeing your horribly broken english trying to shit on 'turkish players' ''well deserved red'' yeah sure if ardas boot had even touched ramos then sure, but it was nothing but theatrics.

and outplayed in most away games? the only team that's not top quality they've lost to is celta and sociedad and sociedad needed a red to aid them, and celta isn't that bad a team this season, granted atleti still underperformed.

also based on the average user age on internet forums i'd venture a 5k dollar bet that i'm older then you, especially given your poor english skills, even in countries where english isn't a first or 2nd language by the age of uni and such that usually evens out quite a bit.

so in short go fk yourself pikachu.

Betlitelli
    Update your status
    Betlitelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2898

Don`t waste my time and learn football rules first.

plekz

played it from age 5 until i was 25, which is probably 24,5 years if not more then you did.

smithah2
    Sex, Drugs and Carlton Cole
    smithah2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

how is this plekz guy always in an argument with someone? jesus were here to talking soccer betting. how doyou get in a disagreement with everyone you talk to. well i guess i know cause i know some people like that.

unitedlad

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    yeah it took ramos to fake a foul and a red card for real to score a single goal. mightiliy impressive indeed.

and this is exactly what happened, except they also needed the aid of a red to get there, but james was the guy that set that entire play in motion.
    Someone is a bit angry by the looks of things. I never said once that Real would sail through, in fact I did predict a tough game and a close encounter. - Look at my score prediction in the OP.

Oh, and how many chances did Atletico have by the way? Chicharito should have buried a couple of those chances. It took another very impressive performance from Oblak to keep Atletico in the game. Atletico never looked threatening at all.

Also, it was extremely idiotic of Arda to go in with such a high boot in that scenario having already being booked. It was a high risk choice with very low reward and he paid the price. It was the correct decision - you only need an unbias mindset to see that.
    Last edited by unitedlad; 04-23-15 at 03:41 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Rudeboy

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6494

Someone is a bit angry by the looks of things. I never said once that Real would sail through, in fact I did predict a tough game and a close encounter. - Look at my score prediction in the OP.

Oh, and how many chances did Atletico have by the way? Chicharito should have buried a couple of those chances. It took another very impressive performance from Oblak to keep Atletico in the game. Atletico never looked threatening at all.

Also, it was extremely idiotic of Arda to go in with such a high boot in that scenario having already being booked. It was a high risk choice with very low reward and he paid the price. It was the correct decision - you only need an unbias mindset to see that.
    He's a putz, don't waste your breath. Nice pick.

unitedlad

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    He's a putz, don't waste your breath. Nice pick.

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Quote Originally Posted by smithah2 View Post
    how is this plekz guy always in an argument with someone? jesus were here to talking soccer betting. how doyou get in a disagreement with everyone you talk to. well i guess i know cause i know some people like that.
    This is pretty much the sport, two guys watch a soccer game in the pub, on one play it is a dive to one and a red card to the other and both will argue til their face is blue