Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two soccer picks - Tuesday

Sevilla -105

Sevilla arrive Stuttgart with a stellar record of 4-0-1 in their L5, scoring 12 while conceding only 3 in those 5 games. The home team, Stuttgart, are 2-1-2 in their L5. One of those 2 wins came in extra time against a non-league side. So in reality, Stuttgart are 1-2-2 in their L5. In those 5 games, they've scored 6 and conceded 6 (regulation time only). The harsher truth, however, is that in it's L3 home games, Stuttgart conceded a total of 6 goals while scoring only once. If that is a true reflection of their current form, then Sevilla will have an easy time in this game. On current form, Sevilla are by far the better side both offensively and defensively. Given their current position in the league (13th out of 18), Stuttgart falls into a category of teams in the Champions League that should be worrying more about their domestic games than Champions League games. And I think they won't put much into this game as they're among the numerous "outsiders" in the thick and thin of the Champions League hierarchy. The time has come to start making plays only on those teams that are genuinely in this competition. And Sevilla is among those.

England Championship: Newcastle +100

Thanks to Smogs. He's the one I'm tailing on this one.
    Last edited by Wilforth; 10-20-09 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Typo
    Points Awarded:

EaglesPhan36 gave Wilforth 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TurkzZ gave Wilforth 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Totolover1409
    Totolover1409's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2690

Wilforth, I dont really see Man U winning Wednesday's game either. With Park, Rooney, Evra out, and Sir Fergie never winning a CL game in Russia, what do you think of a draw on the game?

demize21
    demize21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

he posted draw in initial leans

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

never doubt man u . they find ways to win when they have no business winning.i would stay far away from them

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    never doubt man u . they find ways to win when they have no business winning.i would stay far away from them

So true.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Totolover1409 View Post
    Wilforth, I dont really see Man U winning Wednesday's game either. With Park, Rooney, Evra out, and Sir Fergie never winning a CL game in Russia, what do you think of a draw on the game?
    Giggs is also unavailable for Man Utd. The injury list for Man Utd is really troubling, to say the least. Even if Man Utd went to Russia with a healthy squad, picking a win in Russia will be difficult. Given that Man Utd will be going to Russia with a thin squad and with a league game on Sunday at Liverpool, I think Man Utd will just play to avoid a loss at CSKA. That's why a draw looks very promising. These are my leans for Wednesday's CL games:

Bordeaux +140 (Bayern Munich will be without Robben)
    CSKA/Man Utd draw +225
    FC Zurich/Marseille OVER 2.5 (-130)
    Last edited by Wilforth; 10-20-09 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Typo

Totolover1409
    Totolover1409's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2690

my bad, didnt see the initial lines

Wilforth
    Update your status

I'm considering this prop in the Rangers game:

x/1 +340

I think Urzeceni can hold Rangers to a 1H draw before falling apart in the 2H.

tbill11
    tbill11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Hey Wilforth, what do you think of Kiev +1, +1.5? Inter has been less than impressive as of late, and I don't think that they'll beat this stingy Kiev team by more than 1 goal

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by tbill11 View Post
    Hey Wilforth, what do you think of Kiev +1, +1.5? Inter has been less than impressive as of late, and I don't think that they'll beat this stingy Kiev team by more than 1 goal
    To be honest, Inter Milan hasn't been particularly impressive at home. The Inter game is a pass for me but I think Inter will scrap their way to a win. One can't rule out the possibility of Kiev +1 cashing but I highly doubt it will. Kiev +1.5 stands a good chance. My thinking is that if Kiev can hold Inter scoreless in the 1H, and Inter on their part can shutout Kiev and then score one scrappy goal in the 2H, then one or both of these props could cash:

Exact score: Inter 1-0 +550
    x/1: +330

Just my 2 cents.

tbill11

What does the X/1 mean? I've seen it a couple times. 1st half draw?

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by tbill11 View Post
    What does the X/1 mean? I've seen it a couple times. 1st half draw?
    1H draw and home team to win the game.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Basically Draw/Home.

BL
    BL's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Luck! With you on Sevilla! If Stuttgart plays like they recently did in the Bundesliga Sevilla is the right play

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by BL View Post
    Good Luck! With you on Sevilla! If Stuttgart plays like they recently did in the Bundesliga Sevilla is the right play
    Exactly. I don't expect Stuttgart to play any differently from the way they've played in their L3 home games which has seen them ship 6 goals while scoring only 1.

BL
    BL's Avatar Become A Pro!

It seems like Stuttgart doesn't know any longer how to build pressure on the opponent. The game vs Werder Bremen for example... Bremen didn't play that good. Stuttgart just found no way to get chances to score. I expect the game tonight going under 2,5 as long Sevilla won't score like in a Handball match

Wilforth
    Update your status

I like to stay from totals in these kind of games and just go for what appears the most feasible outcome

Hybris
    Hybris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1471

I´m leaning towards a coward 2 teamer..
    Sevilla DnB and Olympiakos DnB @1.94, -106.

Just hate draws thats all...

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

what you think on the Newcastle game going over 2.5? Colocini and Taylor might be out

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Sevilla trio to miss Stuttgart match

Sevilla will be without Renato, Andres Palop and Abdoulay Konko for Tuesday’s UEFA Champions League match at Stuttgart. Renato ended his side’s 1-0 weekend defeat against Deportivo La Coruna complaining of calf cramps prompting coach Manuel Jimenez to leave the Brazilian midfielder out of the squad. Goalkeeper Palop’s calf injury is more serious than initially expected, while French defender Konko has failed to recover from a virus. On a brighter note, forward Luis Fabiano returns to the team after a late arrival from international duty with Brazil forced him out of the Deportivo defeat.

theplagy
    Spurs !
    theplagy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

With Gerrard back, Torres remains out.

anythought on the kops?

TurkzZ

Gerrard is the key factor, he can single handedly turn a game in L'pools favor and seems to shine in the Champions League. I cant see them loosing this in front of the KOP

TurkzZ

Quote Originally Posted by RoagBettor View Post
    Sevilla trio to miss Stuttgart match Sevilla will be without Renato, Andres Palop and Abdoulay Konko for Tuesday’s UEFA Champions League match at Stuttgart. Renato ended his side’s 1-0 weekend defeat against Deportivo La Coruna complaining of calf cramps prompting coach Manuel Jimenez to leave the Brazilian midfielder out of the squad. Goalkeeper Palop’s calf injury is more serious than initially expected, while French defender Konko has failed to recover from a virus. On a brighter note, forward Luis Fabiano returns to the team after a late arrival from international duty with Brazil forced him out of the Deportivo defeat.
    Missing Palop could be an Issue, no idea how there 2nd GK is, Adriano is back though ,

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TurkzZ View Post
    what you think on the Newcastle game going over 2.5? Colocini and Taylor might be out
    Considering that Newcastle has kept 3 clean sheets in their L6 road games, Over may not be encouraging. In fact, the record shows that they're keeping clean sheets in every other road game. Having allowed a goal in their last road game, one would expect them to keep a clean sheet today, going by the pattern of their clean-sheet recurrence. On the flip side, we see that Scunthorpe has been shutout twice at home by teams in the upper half of the league and on each of those 2 occasions, the game stayed Under. Given that Newcastle are capable of shutting out Scunthorpe, I'd stay away from the o/u play and take what appears more feasible - a Newcastle win. You may check these out:

http://www.vitibet.com/index.php?cla...edruha&lang=en

http://www.vitibet.com/index.php?cla...edruha&lang=en

theplagy
    Spurs !
    theplagy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Im liking under 2.5 for Liverpool

can't just see them coming on a scoring spree against Lyon
    Last edited by theplagy; 10-20-09 at 08:09 AM.

TurkzZ

Barton, Colochini and Taylor out, Newcastles defence will be no better then others in the league without these guys and Barton the in Midfield. BTW "The easier it seems, the riskier it is" Quote of the month guys

TurkzZ

Quote Originally Posted by theplagy View Post
    Im liking under 2.5 for Liverpool

can't just see them coming on a scoring spree against Lyon
    i was thinking that to, but both teams do pose a goal threat so under could be risky, especially as Liverpool are not defending very well

bigjonson
    bigjonson's Avatar Become A Pro!

All over Sevilla.

3 units.....

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Good luck wil, i like your plays and angle on these games.

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Wil,

I jumped on Lyon today +390 ML....

I hope your right about that one! GL.

aneurysm00
    aneurysm00's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm taking the O2.5 in the Liverpool game.
    Rafa's getting attacked by all and sundry off late and I can see a reaction on a night like this. No calm measured probing play but an assault from the word go.
    That's not to say that I'm confident in a home win as I'm not sure our shaky defense will nullify the threat posed by Gomis, Cissokho, Pjanic and Lopez.

tbill11

I think that Sevilla's loss this weekend is an even better indication that they'll be playing well today. I feared a look ahead and left the Deportiva game unbet, but this one will be my strongest play of the day. Good call as always Wilforth!

aneurysm00
    aneurysm00's Avatar Become A Pro!

Early Liverpool team news.
    Glen Johnson is out for Liverpool. Martin Kelly is the replacement. Ngog starts up front.

Phillth
    Phillth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by aneurysm00 View Post
    Glen Johnson is out for Liverpool. Martin Kelly is the replacement. Ngog starts up front.

lol. under it is. ill play the under to start then hegde in live betting

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by aneurysm00 View Post

Do you see Lyon playing D the entire game or do you see them being agressive?

Thanks for your response.

1234 Last