playboy_1
    playboy_1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

All you need to know Spain-Portugal game

Spain=Barcelona .same football .one touch game .they will pass the ball .1000 times if they had to. So what portugal gone do? If they play atacking football .and run for the ball I'm sory but they have zero chance.most of the portugal players are high tempure .if they run, and dont get the ball ,they will be so frusturated .they may even get red card .only If they play strong defense like inter , chealse who knock out the barca before than they may stop Spain .today
    Morinho may give some tips ,advice to his countryman coach ."how the stop Spain" "all about defense" Spain has problem with striker. Fabregas not really .tores not %100. So who you guys gone take? Answer is all about how the Portugal will play if they attack like crazy they will lose if they defense strongly than they may have chance .i persenally think its not easy for Portugal the change all their football and system .so I will take spain ml for90 minute .good luck whatever your plays. Sorry for the English

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

I agree with u. If Portugal don't adopt a 'park a bus' strategy, they will get killed. But if they do, then they won't score as they are unlikely to have the ball. No ball possession = no scoring chances. Lose-lose situation for Portugal here.

I would rather go with a team who is likely to create more chances.

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

"most of the portugal players are high tempure" what a joke

playboy_1

Quote Originally Posted by Gndias View Post
    "most of the portugal players are high tempure" what a joke
    pepe ronaldo Joao

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Good luck playboy. Actually you are correct about the temper of portugal players and frustration and it may be interesting to see the spanish style of play and how Cakir calls this game. In the 2010 world cup between spain and portugal Costa was given a red card but Pepe has been pretty subdued during this euro cup tourney, Coentrao is another player to watch with cards from Cakir.

I started a thread looking about Cakir and yellow cards, I lost the wager for the ukraine/ sweden match but he was alot tighter for the Ireland/Italy game but it was alot dirtier. He gave up alot of free kicks in that Ireland game and he refs in a rough league but he calls a tight game and isnt afraid to pull out a card.

Cakir stats for euro 2012 and other refs

http://www.chiasucen.com/2012/06/ref...euro-2012.html

Cakir

Origin: Turkey
    Original profession: Insurance Agents
    International career stats: 56 games, 234 yellow cards (4.18 per game), 9 red card (0.16 per game)
    Game controversy:
    • BARCELONA v CHELSEA (24 APRIL 2012) (Champions League semi-final)
    Give red card to Chelsea captain John Terry in the 37th minute. Terry sent off once considered a foul for kicking Barcelona striker Alexis Sanchez to the knee. However, Chelsea draw against Barcelona 2-2 and qualified for the finals.

HOWARD Webb

Origin: England
    Professions other than the referee: Retired police
    International career stats: 368 games, 1116 yellow cards (3.03 per game), 49 red cards (0.13 per game)
    Controversial match:
    • AUSTRIA v POLAND 12 JUNI 2008 (B Euro 2008 group stage)
    Gives a penalty to host the match against Austria in Poland before the end. Many calls, body charge between Mariusz Lewandowski and Sebastian Prodl should not bear the penalty that made the final score was 1-1.
    • SPANISH NETHERLANDS v 8 JULI 2010 (World Cup 2010)
    Dutch defender Heitinga red as an extension of time. Those diminish the pursuit of the Spanish Netherlands behind 1-0. Webb considered too hard to enforce the Dutch player, but allows a lot of Spanish player’s violation without penalty.

LAURENT Stephane Lannoy

Origin: France
    Original profession: Distributor of video games
    International career stats: 49 games, 194 yellow cards (3.96 per game), 6 red cards (0.12 per game)
    Game controversy:
    • LYON V RENNES 18 APRIL 2007 (French League)
    • ATLETICO MADRID V Hannover '96 23 MARCH 2012 (European League quarter-final).

Wolfgang Stark

Origin: Germany
    Original profession: a bank employee
    International career stats: 109 games, 413 yellow cards (3.79 per game), 27 red cards (0.25 per game)
    Game controversy:
    • BARCELONA v CHELSEA (28 APRIL 2009) (Champions League semi-final)
    Barcelona never punish the player, including the penalty which should be by Chelsea for Samuel Eto'o to block the ball with his hands in the penalty box. With this decision Stark considered impartial Barcelona.
    • Atletico Madrid v Athletic Bilbao (9 MEI 2012) (Europa League final).

Interesting article about portugals frustration with the referee today.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...m-3151933.html
    Last edited by gregm; 06-27-12 at 01:10 PM.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

i don't like Spain but you got to give them credit
    for their defensive prowess

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1860

Took Spain too but getting a bad feeling....probably goes to ET...

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    I agree with u. If Portugal don't adopt a 'park a bus' strategy, they will get killed. But if they do, then they won't score as they are unlikely to have the ball. No ball possession = no scoring chances. Lose-lose situation for Portugal here.
    Teams parking the bus don't expect to score

They just want to keep a clean sheet

Pks are pretty random

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Cakir can just kill a game with these constant calls and yellow cards but this game was just absolutely horrible all the way around

playboy_1

Portugal did ply well.

playboy_1

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Cakir can just kill a game with these constant calls and yellow cards but this game was just absolutely horrible all the way around
    Absulately