MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Goooaaaaalllll

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

LB quit going against the grain so as to try and appear sharp. It's not becoming of you. More often than not you end up looking the fool which defeats the purpose.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

bro Czech's are not a good team, they've been killed thus far, haven't created any chances, 2 shots on net compared to 19 for the portugese.

why are you trying to bet on a team that you know deep down would have trouble even getting shots off.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

lakerb.itch loses again

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Hels lost as well. He said best bet was a draw so we know he bet that.
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Told you. Portugal completely dominated that. France to qualify much sharper

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Hels lost as well. He said best bet was a draw so we know he bet that.
    Actually I bet the Under 2.5

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    bro Czech's are not a good team, they've been killed thus far, haven't created any chances, 2 shots on net compared to 19 for the portugese.

why are you trying to bet on a team that you know deep down would have trouble even getting shots off.
    Portuguese missing all those chances, as expected, were asking for it. Most counter attacking teams at this level would have punished them. But what Czechs showed in second half was tactically very poor. Tremendous lack of technique on that team. They couldn't string two passes together. They didn't know how to get away from the pressure. The way to do that is to pass the ball forward across two lines (from defense to offense), which forces the other team back, and than pass it back one line. So then the other team is much more withdrawn, and you have control of the ball with most of your players behind it. But if you try to get away from pressure by passing the ball forward only one line, the other team can continue to press (because they have no reason to run back).

Did you see how exhausted the Czechs were after the game, even though they hardly had any possession in the second half? That's what happens when you have to run to close gaps all the time. The way to conserve energy is to let the ball do the work. Much easier to pass the ball over ten or twenty yards then to have to run that distance. They allowed themselves to be pushed back and didn't know how to solve that -pretty basic- problem.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 06-21-12 at 04:01 PM.
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave Dark Horse 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Portuguese missing all those chances, as expected, were asking for it. Most counter attacking teams at this level would have punished them. But what Czechs showed in second half was tactically very poor. Tremendous lack of technique on that team. They couldn't string two passes together. They didn't know how to get away from the pressure. The way to do that is to pass the ball forward across two lines (from defense to offense), which forces the other team back, and than pass it back one line. So then the other team is much more withdrawn, and you have control of the ball with most of your players behind it. But if you try to get away from pressure by passing the ball forward only one line, the other team can continue to press (because they have no reason to run back).
    nice analysis. but i knew going into this game czech were going to play for a 0-0 draw into pk's meaning they weren't gonna push anyone forward, meaning they would barely get any scoring chances, and they ended up with 2 shots, neither of them quality ones at that--I just won't ever bet on a team that plays that way. It's not smart and won't get you far without a lot of luck.

Port expected to miss those chances but I'm more comfortable betting a team that I know will play offense. It's not like the Czech's are like a Murihno squad where they score early then try and chill on a 1-0 lead. This team is a disgrace to european futbol. I despise teams that play this way.

lakerboy

Well greece won the euro cup in 2004 playing that way so it can get you far. Denmark did the same in 1992. They won as well. Italy got to the final in 2000 playing like that.

Teams have to play whatever way wins for the personnel they have.

Its funny cause portugal hasn't played offensive until this game. They have been outplayed in every game so far except 2nd hf of dutch game and this game .

Goat Milk

Yeah, I was asking ppl if they though the Czech were the Greece of 04, but Greeks had a little better roster and they were just lucky as hell. I just don't like watching that kind of style. It's not good for the sport. Then ppl wonder why Americans don't watch soccer. Because of teams like Czech Republic.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lakerman you should of bet asians

I guess you were on the right side though just wrong lines

lakerboy

Goat no one cares if americans watch soccer or not. The americans like you who like the sport will always watch.

Gold it was a $100 bet not 27k.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

wasn't a bad bet. more often than not I think that game would've gone past 90

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Under 2.5 cashed all day

But, Portugal were one mistake away from losing this guys. Czechs pretty flat, missing a healthy Rosicky too. Czech manager only makes 2 subs why? Dummy just throw on a forward wtf if it goes bad you lose 2-0.

If Portugal had a decent front-man like Gomez or Klose they would wreck teams.

Good for Ronaldo, glad to see him carrying this nation. The pressure on this guy is unreal.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    gooooooooooooaaaaaallllllll!!!!!

take that bitchboy!

lol, this is the classic post of a loser.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    wasn't a bad bet. more often than not I think that game would've gone past 90
    Exactly. Goal was a big mistake. Defender should have met the cross and headed it away, but instead he stood there ball watching, allowing Ronaldo to get in front of him. (reporters on ESPN go on about how fast and unexpected Ronaldo did that, but that is complete bs. The defender was ball watching. If he doesn't do that it's 0-0).

Then again, Czechs made so many basic mistakes it was just a matter of time. Poor job by the coach. He had no answer to the changed game plan by Portugal in the second half.

snip3r2006
    snip3r2006's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

another looser .. like expectetd lakerboy ... bad pick and bad pic Looser !!!

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

The used to call him spit shine Tommy, make your shoes shine like fkn mirrors...

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

how many fake bets has lakerboy lost past few days?

white sox
    dbacks
    czech
    thunder

Dharmonize
    Aces!
    Dharmonize's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9427

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Then ppl wonder why Americans don't watch soccer. Because of teams like Czech Republic.
    Americans don't watch soccer because they know it can never become "their" sport. They are way too patriotic, so they rather invented baseball and american football, something that is unique and makes them feel special in the eyes of the whole world, as many Europeans hardly understand the rules If someone wanted to watch soccer, there's no need to watch international matches and defensive teams like Greece or Czechs (defense is the only tactics you can stick to if you face much stronger opponent, anyway)... There are still top level soccer leagues to follow and bet on.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Well greece won the euro cup in 2004 playing that way so it can get you far. Denmark did the same in 1992. They won as well. Italy got to the final in 2000 playing like that.

Teams have to play whatever way wins for the personnel they have.

Its funny cause portugal hasn't played offensive until this game. They have been outplayed in every game so far except 2nd hf of dutch game and this game .
    They've been outplayed in every game so far?

Are you ******* kidding me? Have you watched any of the games thus far?

Never thought poorly of you but you're a real homer when it comes to soccer...

SlickRick1382

Know lots about soccer.

Peter cech plays for chelsea. Rosicky plays for my faver team arsenal. I was at wembley when bierhoff scored the golden goal to beat the czechs in 1996.

Port is the same crap. \*\*\*\*\*\* ronaldo and crybaby Nani. Useless players like helder postiga. So funny that Bento is coaching this team. Desperate times.

Gold I know all the sports.
    You know dick about soccer. ESPN seems to be your source ...

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

did you see the game against germany?

SlickRick1382

Quote Originally Posted by Gndias View Post
    did you see the game against germany?

What's that in reply to? Me?

Because I've watched every single Portugal game this tourney. They WEREN'T outplayed by Germany. In fact they missed two goals (among others) and were unfortunate to leave there with a loss.

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

sorry slick i wasn't talking to you but to lakerboy c'mon i am even Portuguese
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave Gndias 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

First 12