ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

BOOM! Great call, made me cash with this thread.

jlee
    jlee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

picked portugal because they beat the danes, the danes beat netherlands, so it made sense that portugal would beat the netherlands.. glad ronaldo didn't make me look like a fool lol

dodger33
    Kershnasty
    dodger33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Darkhorse had a very sharp post. Was that just what you noticed or did you read that somewhere?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dodger33 View Post
    Darkhorse had a very sharp post. Was that just what you noticed or did you read that somewhere?
    Noticed. I've followed Dutch soccer for decades. Amazing that Van Persie was moved to play behind Huntelaar into Schneider's spot. The latter would have known how to feed Huntelaar (both with Ajax past), who now was isolated instead. And Van Persie could have played on the left wing (where he used to play before his conversion to striker), with Robben on the right wing. That would have created far better balance.

The coaching was embarrassing. After about 20 minutes Holland was just 1 goal removed from the next round. With a 1-0 lead and Germany up 1-0. At that point it was no longer necessary to put everything on offense for the Dutch, and it would have made much more sense to switch to a safer strategy. Instead, the floodgates went wide open in the back, with Portugal rattling off one dangerous chance after another.

First 12