PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ruud van Nistelrooy

That guy is done with football! He is no Raul who can still play midfield and pull the strings together. It is actually hurting Malaga more than people think.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

He's just a finisher, but yeah his a career should be over soon.

Fl6j66
    Fl6j66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Rename this thread to "Michael Ballack".

cappingsports
    cappingsports's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wish we had detailed play by play data for soccer so that we could analyze the value of each play and then give each player an overall rating.

Would be interesting to see how a player like van Nistelrooy would rate, especially compared with his production in previous seasons. It would be a useful tool to identify players who have significantly declined and are no longer contributing to their teams despite their reputations and high salaries.

I think a lot of teams have this sort of data available through organizations like Pro Zone and Opta but unfortunately its not available to the general public and a lot of the smaller clubs don't have the resources to pay for these analytical services.

When a smaller club like Malaga suddenly has a greatly increased budget, they often struggle to get big name players to come and play for them, despite having the money to pay for them. So signing a big reputation player like van Nistelrooy may just be a tool to raise the profile of the club so that other better, and younger, players will join in the future.

SiMON2g
    SiMON2g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

Quote Originally Posted by cappingsports View Post
    I wish we had detailed play by play data for soccer so that we could analyze the value of each play and then give each player an overall rating.

Would be interesting to see how a player like van Nistelrooy would rate, especially compared with his production in previous seasons. It would be a useful tool to identify players who have significantly declined and are no longer contributing to their teams despite their reputations and high salaries.

I think a lot of teams have this sort of data available through organizations like Pro Zone and Opta but unfortunately its not available to the general public and a lot of the smaller clubs don't have the resources to pay for these analytical services.

When a smaller club like Malaga suddenly has a greatly increased budget, they often struggle to get big name players to come and play for them, despite having the money to pay for them. So signing a big reputation player like van Nistelrooy may just be a tool to raise the profile of the club so that other better, and younger, players will join in the future.
    and also the value he brings in terms of inspiring and motivating younger and present players at the club is priceless really.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Fl6j66 View Post
    Rename this thread to "Michael Ballack".

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cappingsports View Post

True! I think thatäs why this summer they didn't got like any big names, they wanna play this year to be in CL or Europa League and maybe next year will see more big name on the Malaga team!

On the other hand, Van Nistelrooy is already struggling, but added to that u have to say Malaga's midfield sucks, I watched yesterday and sometimes they cannot put even a decent ball to the striker, so that's even worse for Van Gol!

I think he'll retire by the end of season! In any case the guy was a beast before I still remember him at Madrid Great, great striker!

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

Ruud has been done for a while now.. He is just the only one not knowing this yet.