JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Players walk off pitch to protest cheating referee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rji-Y0aZCUE

Saw it on the news this morning... Partizan vs Vojvodina cup final, disallowed goal and disallowed penalty by the referee forces Vojvodina to walk off. All the league is gonna do is penalize those who walked off and award partizan the cup, they were probably in on it as well. Pathetic.

p3re
    p3re's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 689

This referees are a joke... And pathetic how league do not penalize them.

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

we might experience this in romania too, soon.
    In fact, it has happened a few years ago, Rapid was the team to leave the pitch

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

gota disagree, looks like Vojvodina are bad looser, i don't understand what the ref got wrong? under no circumstances should a team decide to walk off the field,

alon7777777
    alon7777777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

funny that u see the same referees that made mistakes in their last match still on the job every week

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

I've shouted this so many times in front of my TV
    Just walk the **** off the pitch !!!

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Wow, never seen this happen.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Quote Originally Posted by TurkzZ View Post
    gota disagree, looks like Vojvodina are bad looser, i don't understand what the ref got wrong? under no circumstances should a team decide to walk off the field,
    1. He disallowed a clear goal for vojvodina.
    2. Then he disallowed a clear penalty for vojvodina.
    3. All of this after he gave Partizan a suspicious penalty in a crucial moment.

I disagree with you that "under no curcumstances should a team walk off the field". If you have been cheated you have to make a stand, not continue playing like a coward.

sportscash
    See ya SBR
    sportscash's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah i would say they did the right thing.

TurkzZ

1. The attack has his hands over the defender, now i dont like this call but its not enough to say the ref had the game fixed, these have been given in the Premier League, World cup, i mean take the USA Edu goal disallowed vs Slovenia as an example

2. The pen was a 100% clear cut penalty no doubt take a look from this clip, has a second angle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daZVSz2EbJc .... the only problem was that Vojvodina didn't get a red for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

3. it was not a clear pen, and he got the shot off, had he done down he probz wudda got the pen, made the error of being a lil to honest in that instance

its absolute nonsense that Vojvodina decided to walk off, they should be finned heavily and suspended for a disgraceful lack of sportsmanship
    Last edited by TurkzZ; 05-12-11 at 06:11 PM.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

1. The attack has his hands over the defender, now i dont like this call but its not enough to say the ref had the game fixed, these have been given in the Premier League, World cup, i mean take the USA Edu goal disallowed vs Slovenia as an example

2. The pen was a 100% clear cut penalty no doubt take a look from this clip, has a second angle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daZVSz2EbJc .... the only problem was that Vojvodina didn't get a red for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity.

3. it was not a clear pen, and he got the shot off, had he done down he probz wudda got the pen, made the error of being a lil to honest in that instance

its absolute nonsense that Vojvodina decided to walk off, they should be finned heavily and suspended for a disgraceful lack of sportsmanship
    1. Look carefully, actually the defender is pulling his shirt and diving, so if not a goal it should be a penalty.
    2. I agree it was a penalty, but if that was a penalty so should the Vojvodina one?
    3. It was a very clear penalty, there is nothing in the rules saying that just because he got the shot off he wasn't tackled. It's the referee that makes the decision whether it was a foul or not, clearly it was a foul and clearly he denied it.

It's not disgraceful to walk off the field when you are being cheated. You have to be an idiot to continue playing when you are being screwed.

Aside from those 3 controversial decisions the referee was 1 sided the ENTIRE game, here's a better video:

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Here's an interesting quote from a Serbian football fan who actually knows inside info:

"FC Partizan is favorized club by FA president and officials. President of Serbian FA is former president of FC Partizan and very shady guy. He earns a lot of cash from selling young talents from Partizan to European clubs. In this season all referees favored Partizan in both competitions, championship and cup, now in Cup finals many was afraid same thing will happen and our fears was true. It was impossible for other team to play (FC Vojvodina, 3rd club in country), so they leaved the pitch in 82 minutes after 2:1 for Partizan."

TurkzZ

while its not stated in the rules you see it all over Europe, if the player stays on his feet and gets the shot off the penalty is hardly awarded, don't get me wrong the ref was bad , but its pretty normal standard outside the big leagues, even the youtube vid, it doesn't really look that bad if you take away the bias text and so on. And in any-case had they scored it would have been 2-2 so there's nothing to say Vojvodina would go onto win.

I had no play on this game nor do i watch or support either of these sides, but its all to easy to start blaming and accusing referees. There is no proof to suggest the game was a fix. What happens alot and i see it all the time in Turkey, teams start to convince them selves the refs are conspiring against them, the funny thing this year is everybody is at it, so Trabzonspor believe the refs are helping fener, the Fener fans believe the refs are helping Trabzon lol. The more important issue is officiating standards are low, and they are paid a fraction of what players are paid.

TurkzZ

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Here's an interesting quote from a Serbian football fan who actually knows inside info:

"FC Partizan is favorized club by FA president and officials. President of Serbian FA is former president of FC Partizan and very shady guy. He earns a lot of cash from selling young talents from Partizan to European clubs. In this season all referees favored Partizan in both competitions, championship and cup, now in Cup finals many was afraid same thing will happen and our fears was true. It was impossible for other team to play (FC Vojvodina, 3rd club in country), so they leaved the pitch in 82 minutes after 2:1 for Partizan."
    again its hear-say, could just be a disgruntled pundit / fan, is it not the case in all leagues the Big teams are favoured, take United, Barcelona etc , big clubs can put more pressure on if a bad call goes against them so referees are more lenient towards them. not saying match fixing doesn't go on but event doesn't prove anything one way or another

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

One thing you have to understand is that for a fix to be successful, whoever is involved has to hide the fact as best as they can. If you want more obvious evidence than this I think you need to give them a call and ask for a confession. You can't fix a game if everyone agrees that it's fixed, you have to be able to make it look like a mistake/bias towards the other team.

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    One thing you have to understand is that for a fix to be successful, whoever is involved has to hide the fact as best as they can. If you want more obvious evidence than this I think you need to give them a call and ask for a confession. You can't fix a game if everyone agrees that it's fixed, you have to be able to make it look like a mistake/bias towards the other team.
    Not true at all... there has been plenty of times where a fix was suspected and then found out to be true afterwards.

I can't think of any SPECIFIC matches as I'm not too familiar with the teams in Eastern Europe, and Asia, where match fixing is most prevalent. But i've heard cases of referees giving a team 3 red cards in a game that was confirmed to be fixed.... How much more obvious can u get then that?

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    Not true at all... there has been plenty of times where a fix was suspected and then found out to be true afterwards.

I can't think of any SPECIFIC matches as I'm not too familiar with the teams in Eastern Europe, and Asia, where match fixing is most prevalent. But i've heard cases of referees giving a team 3 red cards in a game that was confirmed to be fixed.... How much more obvious can u get then that?
    Why do you think I opened this thread?

If you back and read what I said you will get it.

tukkk
    ★★★★★
    tukkk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reminds me i read How Gambling Corruptors Fix Football Matches by DECLAN HILL a week ago , small 20-page writing , it´s almost embarrassing how small amount of € it takes to get the fix

Arsenal
    Arsenal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Although those look like some suspicious calls or non-calls, you should never quit and walk off the pitch. As bad as it was, finish the match and then lodge your complaints.

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you blind, stupid, or both?

The game was fixed by an incompotent ref and Vojvodina players had every right to walk off the pitch like they did.

Unfortunately though, this is not news...just daily events.

thekid667
    thekid667's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never walk off the field.The field is the fray and u have no right to leave.

surffreak
    surffreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

hate to say it, but fixed games happen all over the world. people get paid off everywhere.

alon7777777
    alon7777777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 854

Quote Originally Posted by RoagBettor View Post
    great book some people still dont understand that money buys everything

bdevil
    bdevil's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mihaita666 View Post
    we might experience this in romania too, soon. In fact, it has happened a few years ago, Rapid was the team to leave the pitch
    I thought Steaua left the pitch after the ref ended the match being hit by a smoke light (also thrown by Steaua fans). If you are reffering to that match. Rapid was the home team so they got penalized and lost the game with 3 - 0.